What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Private Breeding Rathole

King Rat

Welcome everyone!

With this thread I'd like to start and document my private breeding program.

I never breed anything before so I'm really excited to start this now.
So here is a complete breeding newb

But I have a goal and i will achieve ! :biggrin:

Every work done in the growrooms in the last 2 years was to prepare for this day.
I grown out a lot of seeds, was hunting for a clone, smoked out, kept cuttings from the winners, sorted out whole ideas I had.

I'd try to do my best as private grower.
every knowledge I have about breeding is out of books and forums.
read a couple of times cannabis botany by r.c.clarke and postings from chimera.

I will tell everything and go further about the whole line when I have the pics ready.
Crosses that are planned will be explained in the next days, and which goals i wanna work out

Lets get started:

The mommys:

-Amnesia (the original core cut)
-Original Sour Diesel BX1
-2 Phenotypes Chemdawg91'OG (SFV OG X Chem91 skunk va)
-BubbleGum (WL DoubleGum)
-Space Queen (not TGA)
-XIII X LA Conf.

The Daddys:

-Space Queen (hes some kind of frosty the snowman even in veg)
-Chem91'OG
-Sour Tahoe (this is the only plant left to find and my first own cross. every other plants are ready in my veg and flowering room)

So this day will start with my first own cross done 2-3 years ago for fun and the keystone to the idea of breeding my own stuff.
The SOUR TAHOE (O.SourDiesel x Tahoe OG)
grown out 20 Sour Diesels and 20 Tahoe OG's from genetics of capt. crip and the guy not allowed here.
kept the best smelling, vigouros and most rooted SD male and his Sister which resembles the SD i know from pics right here.
need to say, I dont have any access to the original clone.

Also kept the best male and female from the Tahoes.

I pollinated the Tahoe female with the pollen of SD and the Tahoe.
resulting in 40 - 50 Sour Diesel x Tahoe OG seeds F1 (I gave 20 away)
and Tahoe OG F2, but something went wrong at pollinating with the tahoe pollen and I just have 3 seeds of Tahoe F2

The Sour Tahoe will be crossed to the O.Sour Diesel winner female.
which will result in some kind of Sour Diesel BX (with SFV and Tahoe genes)
I then have the ability to go trough 100s of seeds findinh a grail like mommy
So I'm on Daddyhunt on my SourTahoe.
popped 10 seeds about 5months ago an selected for the SD phenos in veg. I had 4 plants which closely look to my winner female.
I took cuttings from these and put them into 12/12 and all 4 plants where female! Not good - I intended to find a male.
From a growers sight I should be completely happy with. but theres is a need for the male!
(but I kept 3 females otherwise for growing and testing)

I popped 5 seeds of ST again and will keep them all till they're sexed.
hope for some males right now.
all 5 seeds soaked 20 hours in a glass of water and then potted directly in soilless mix.
within 24 hours every single seedling was upon the soil surface. looking healthy.
they are 4 days old right now from the moment put out of the fridge.

so thanks for stepping in!

pray for me I can keep this thread alive for a few years.
Then we will have alot of fun here.

grow on

KRat

________________________________________________________________________________________________
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

King Rat

This is the winning female part used in Sour Tahoe.

In the pics downhere she was at day 73 and flushed.
She yielded 3-4 oz from this single plant grown in a less than 2 Gallon bucket.

really small buds and rockhard. they were not that big how they look at the pic.
thin and lanky, the stems needed support as they couldnt hold the buds in late flower.
Smoke and flowers is smelling like catpiss and hits hard and long.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

King Rat

welcome JointedOne
its all about to share in my opinion, a few hecks out there could do the same with true infos and hand out clones, but their ego is outaspace

I've found the only pic i have from the male Sour Diesel used in Sour Tahoe
its a pic in veg, but hey, im lucky enough I found one at least.

picture.php

King Rat

hey all

here I have chem91'OG pollen, collected a few weeks ago and immediately put into a paper envelope, then i filled the box half with silica gel and put it in the freezer -18°C

most important to me is to create F2 of the chem91'OG and have a nice cross of chem91'OG x Amnesia clone

I use 2 female phenotypes of chem91'OG to have diversity in F2 and further.

regardless of that, I also pollinated the Space Queen and the Tora Bora cause the pollen was at hand :biggrin:

kept the nutrient level low on plants, think its better for seed production that they dont have excess ferts in it.
pollination took place on flowering day 25

have fun
and
grow on

I

im me

Awesome good luck in your endeavour hope you get what your aiming for. I'm definitely pulling up a chair for this.

King Rat

Hey happy new year everyone!

Quick update for my Sour Tahoes
here at first the 3 Sour Tahoe females,
after the cuttings comes the seedlings #6-10 I hope for some males in them.
and then there are my fresh bonsai moms

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

King Rat

some yellow pics out of the flowering room at day 36 - i will upload some better pics tomorrow.
in following order:
Amnesia
Chem91'OG #2
Chem91'OG #6
Space Queen
Tora Bora

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amnesia and SQueen...I like your taste Rat...veg pups look perfect health m8....and the SQueen form is proper....groovy...
where did you acquire the Queen if I may ask?...Ive run TGAs and it was worth the time..and very Rom dom as well....but just talkin shop and checkin it out...hope ya dont mind the pic for comparison...keep rollin
FOE20

Attachments

• SQueenAlmostFull_05-01-08.jpg
    SQueenAlmostFull_05-01-08.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 21

King Rat

heh FOE20

nice you stepped in here! thanks

I dont know how long TGA exists, but the SQ were in the fridge for around 8-10years if I remember right. They were aquired in times i didnt had access to the www, got em via a mailorder in a magazine. at that time i just started growing. 7 were grown in that times.

I did some research since I popped the 3 left seeds, and maybe they are from BCGA.
the package was labeled by myself, so i dont have further info.

I had 2 males and 1 female out of the 3 beans.
kept the female and 1 male, the male have resin in veg so this is the one i keep for breeding.

:dance013:
grow on

KRat

King Rat

ah...
every guest pics are welcome in this thread

FOE20
your SQ looks tasty resinous! it have a completely different grow stature than mine, so thats the romberry pheno or what?

Another Question:
do you guys really think DNA's Cannalope is a C99 ? ( i have 7 beans from them)

ufullachit

Amnesia and SQueen...I like your taste Rat...veg pups look perfect health m8....and the SQueen form is proper....groovy...
where did you acquire the Queen if I may ask?...Ive run TGAs and it was worth the time..and very Rom dom as well....but just talkin shop and checkin it out...hope ya dont mind the pic for comparison...keep rollin
FOE20

Awesome thread, Ima be chillin' here for sure....

Haha, I love the Label on the pic Foe20, "Space ""Mothafuckin"" Queen".... lol, heck yes!:woohoo:

UFC