What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Thai

P

ptg

Bull cojones mate...:D Thanks ya!

I think i'll pick a couple or a single branch today,cause i run out of smoke for some time now and it's quite hard...this way i could let the remaining branches to mature totally,without i go crazy waiting for them...:redface:

Some close shot below,at 19 weeks,they speak for themselves:canabis:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

charlie garcia

all way long with 10/14?
You know how important good drying and curing are for sativas, may change your face from hempy to brilliant effects. Much more noticed than with indicas. But I understand well the kitchen is empty. Nevertheless am sure she will finish soon.
enjoy and thx again for all info and beautiful pics (congrats)

Quitters

a question for dubi

a question for dubi

Beautiful double thai ptg :)

Looks strongly influenced by the meao thai male. Let's she what happens in the flowering! Thanks for share it!

Hopefully, we will see more double thai plants in the next months around here!

was wondering if you could explain the traits of both the pure Koh Chang Thai & pure Meao Thai strains, so to give us a better ability to know what were looking for in our own journey of making f2's from the double thai phenos we find ?

:thank you:

P

ptg

Yo mates!:wave:

@ Charlie:

Almost!I started her in 11/13 for a month then 10/14 until now.
True,curing is very important.Yet she's already potent,i guess it will be an extremely good smoke after a proper cure.And when fully mature... :greenstars:
The kichen is empty,jejeje,and I smoke like a fireman,so...:smokeit:

Glad you like the pics! :)

@ Pebble: thanks man,sure i'll find!:dance013:

Your was fucking beautiful,and the quality must be better as you grown it outdoors...Lucky guy! ;)

@ Quitters:try the search fonction,i'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.There is a lot of infos in old threads that you can find valuable.:blowbubbles:

Peace!

P

ptg

She comes!

She comes!

:laughing:

Nevertheless am sure she will finish soon.
Yep,i plan to let her two more weeks,giving her water only.I believe she's a bit late due to the late repotting...the bottom buds are almost ready while the upper one's are still shooting new pistils...i did reduce the light amount from 600W hps to 400 hps agro fews days ago.I think it will help her hurry up a bit.And also help with the temps wich start to be very hot...29°C/84,2°F outdoors today...:hotbounce

Fews pics,first a bottom bud almost ripe:
picture.php

Then a top bud,still white:
picture.php

picture.php

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I love it ptg!! So good :). It's always a pleasure see 100% Sativa plants, she's resinous as hell! without need to add indica genes.

Salud!:tiphat:

P

ptg

Yeah guys!

Yeah guys!

Come on! Sativa ride! ...indoor :D

Two weeks more,comin close to the end,after two week of water only she's gone for two weeks more but with minimal water this time.Hope the weather will stay with me.:)

Some pics...first the whole plant:
picture.php

Did You notice the branche at the bottom of the pic,first plan?Here she is with a cig for the scale:
picture.php

Now a top bud,still white:
picture.php

And last the resin,as close as possible,first with flash:
picture.php

And without:
picture.php

Best wish to Dubi and the Ace team,hope all is good for you:good:

C

charlie garcia

:tiphat:
hats off your greenthumb
looks a beauty in your hands
many thx for updating
much respect
enjoy

gkn

plain amazing ptg!!! you've done a great work handling this 100% thai sativa indoors...amazing yield bro!!
hope you be tripping for long on it!

saludos

bloyd

Veteran
You definitely have a knack for growing these pure sats. Absolutely stunning. Can't wait to here how she smokes after a proper cure.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Awesome work pgt!
Your pics almost brought a tear to my eyes...a jealous tear i´m afraid! ;)
Enjoy the fruits of your labour bro, peace and much respect

Quitters

i'm re~asking this question for dubi or any of the Ace breeders

i'm re~asking this question for dubi or any of the Ace breeders

Beautiful double thai ptg :)

Looks strongly influenced by the meao thai male. Let's she what happens in the flowering! Thanks for share it!

Hopefully, we will see more double thai plants in the next months around here!

was wondering if you could explain the traits of both the pure Koh Chang Thai & pure Meao Thai strains, so to give us a better ability to know what were looking for in our own journey of making f2's from the double thai phenos we find ?

:thank you:

P

ptg

Thanks you all mates!

Thanks you all mates!

@ Quitters:

Last time i told you to try the search function,it wasn't to be annoying but helping.Just because you could have found all the infos you need this way...:whistling:

From what i know,Dubi have some personnal issues right now( a thought for him:ying:),so that's why he's not able to answer you.

I'm not him ,lol, nor a ACE crew member,but today i'm of good will,so look at what i found using the search function...:)

Enough to help you? :D

The best non hermie thai i've tried is the meao thai from CBG. It's grows tall and columnar with the typical thai appearance. It also has the classic acrid,lemony and spicy thai aroma and taste, but the resin production, flower/leaf ratio, potency and quality are far superior to others thai i've tried.

Another great non hermie thai is the koh chang thai clone i've been growing the past 3-4 years. It came from the same friend which travelled to Thailand, but this seeds came from Koh Chang Island ( a island with small but high quality ganja production ) and it was clearly the best thai he tried. He came with a few seeds and passed me a clone of this female.

She grows with a bushy structure.The leaf trait, branching, aromas,flowering time, flower structure ... are totally thai. It has a lovely citric and spicy taste with a dense long lasting sensorial high.

I've been growing her the past years and i have never seen any hermie trait (male flower or bannana) in her even when growing under very strong stress like very cold temps, changes in photoperiod etc ...

Here are some pics of the Koh Chang Thai clone grown the past season.

Some pics in September. Notice she's still growing! :chin:

I had experience with different thai sativas. They are lime green plants with great branching and very long flowering times. Aromas are floral, creamy, lemony with spice and woody details.

A pure thai needs 4-6 mounths to flower. A thai flowering in 90 days is not a pure thai. Not all the thais are hermie, it's only a myth. You should explore parents and subvarities to find what you are looking for. Not all the thai strains have the same quality. And they are fertile like any cannabis plant should be.

Here's an example of a lime green pure thai from Koh Chang Island. High yield, excellent old school SE asia aroma, powerful motivating effect, psychedelic, dense and long lasting. Huge trichomes at the end of flwoering.
She has never produced an hermie sign in the past 4 years of clone growing and have been pollinated a few times (now with haze pollen).