What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

purple indica

jakespeed

Veteran
I got this plant in 89, and it was grown outside, sence then it has been indoors, and this plant is rockwool flood and drain

S

strain_searcher

NICE!

NICE!

Now thats a plant I could take home to mamma.

jakespeed

Veteran
as for a smoke report........this has been done many times, and has went in a circle of friends for years. I cut the shoots myself off the plant that was growing outside in the summer of 89, the guy that had it,sold me the weed for years prior. Sence then it has been in and out of my room more than a couple of times. He told me it was purple indica/ purple kush, but it was always was more sativa to me, it grows like a sativa, and has a up high, with a heavy burn out, with the taste of purple, it grows with alittle bit of a twisted leaf. you need to put it right next to the light to get it bud nice(light hog) not the best rooter iether. All and all its more personal stash, then a worker. Also it burns out bit they way it grows over and over in one persons room, so it was good when it went around to different rooms, it always seemed rejuv a new life again from going inside and outside again.

schrooomy420

No offense, but that is not the same plant that I know of along the west coast being called purple indica. The PNW purple indica/humbolt purple kush, is way more indi than what you have there. There is a big long purple thread on cannabisworld.com that shows pics and talk about all of the variouse purple varieties. Do you have any shots of the full plant or more of the leaf structure. peace

G

Upon viewing your gallery, Jake, you for sure know your Kushes... doesn't this "purple indica" resemble Purple Kush in a few ways? Every PK plant I've seen has been sativa-dom, like a spitting image of OGK, but with purple chunky buds...

The twisted leaf, cloning issues and light issues make me believe there's some dj genetics in there somewhere, too. I dunno maybe I'm just really blitzkrieged.

jakespeed

Veteran
thats what he called it when I got it back then, and I have never changed name, I will get you some pics in veg form and full flower. I am not comparing it to any plant (PNW), but just shedding what I have.

jakespeed

Veteran
maybe I should not say twisted leaf, but can you see that the leaf has a little wrinkle in it, this is how I know this plant from all my rest, and there it is in flower and as you see the bottom buds will go to fluff if you dont put it in good light

G

what does she taste like, brotha? looks very similar to bb of pure origins...

jakespeed

Veteran
kinda like a menthol taste, I luv to grow but some times I have a hard time explaining what my palate tastes are. I have got sum Blue satelite and it is not even close to that taste, you really got to flush this plant compared to others or it will retain a salt taste