What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Small Homebox Set-up. Help!

mr.sanna

Hi from Argentina! :tiphat:

i've been off-growing some years and i need some updates.

Just want to check my set-up with you guys! Remember that i'm way south and the resources available are much less than yours.

HomeBox:
80x80x160cm (cheapest = $235 bucks). Maybe i can skip the cooltube and go for 1x1x2m

Lightning:
400W HPS + Cooltube: 1 Cycle / 3 and half months

Ventilation:
Carbon filter + Turbo extractor + Intractor (1 or 2?)

Distribution / production:

Soil. I wonder 9 plants born in small pots, grown in 5L and 10L final (Maybe 3L > 7L will be better?). Is this possible? Height problems?
180g to 270g is a real estimation?

The same set-up in 1x1x2m would be much productive?

Here it is very complicated to get seeds, so I will start with automatic genetics, meanwhile I will be making mothers + cuttings for the second cycle.

Sorry for my weird english, ill be waiting your advice!
Regards!:dance013:

Spaventa

Veteran
should be ok. If you could go LED it might work better in that height space? You just have to plant many and flower from small clones.

Why don't you grow outside? guerrilla style even? aren't there good local strains that old timers grow and could give you beans?

mr.sanna

should be ok. If you could go LED it might work better in that height space? You just have to plant many and flower from small clones.

Why don't you grow outside? guerrilla style even? aren't there good local strains that old timers grow and could give you beans?

Hi Spaventa!

There are very few LED brands available, and they are very expensive. 400W HPS + Cooltube = $150 bucks vs LED Panel 450w Viparspectra = $352 bucks!! May be next year :biggrin:

I have some growers seeds waiting but i want to start with buyed auto flowering for a quicker first cycle.

Do you think that 180g to 270g is a real estimation?

Thanks a lot for your answer! :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
450w too intense for the amount of space you have. Try T-5's:
rtual Sun VST2002G 2-Ft 2 Lamp Vegetation T5 High Output Fluorescent Grow Light Kit includes 2 T5 HO Bulbs. Something similar....WalMart has em.

For autos, 3-7liter fine.

Spaventa

Veteran
Hi Spaventa!

There are very few LED brands available, and they are very expensive. 400W HPS + Cooltube = $150 bucks vs LED Panel 450w Viparspectra = $352 bucks!! May be next year :biggrin:

I have some growers seeds waiting but i want to start with buyed auto flowering for a quicker first cycle.

270g from a 400w is totally reasonable. 400w is fine in that space with adequate ventilation/cooling. I ran an air cooled 600w for years in a space the same size with no issues at all. Im in the cold uk so you may need to to run some aircon even for the 400w but 600w per square meter used to be the indoor standard.
I dont do autos so can't comment.

R

Rageous8899

Hi Spaventa!

Thats wrong. I bet 400 watts of the setup i use will smoke the living smoke out of a 400whps. And you wouldnt have to have 400 watts led to beat the 400 hps. Idk man i wont bash the hps because ive used one but i was and am glad i got rid of it. Do a little research on em

Now there are light engines made from Samsung S6 bin diodes pushing 200lm/w Cost can vary depending on your DIY skills. I know S&H effects final cost down south but perhaps a Samsung LM561C light engine, very little heat, 1/3 the operating costs of normal leds or hps, and work quite well in small spaces. I use a GrowGreen 200w board in a 2x2x5' tent with a 4" inline exhaust fan and the board mounted in a dryer duct and no heat and fantastic growth. there are more boards like that in the market today. Some more expensive than others, but all work well. DM me if you want a list.
namaste