What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

malawi x panama

Borderliner

Syd thanks for stopping by and the good vibes. They veg at 14/10 and flower at 11.5/12.5. first pistils couple wks before started 11.5/12.5

deepwaterdude

IMHO I don't think I'd count from the first pistils before flip, which methinks are preflowers that indicate the plant's mature, but not budding. I would call day 1 at light flip, which is a common measure that people understand, or when the plant actually starts making flowers, usually 10-14 days after flip, which usually aligns itself better with what breeders indicate as flower time. Kinda like telling a pregnant woman her due date is two weeks farther away than it is. That way they find themselves in labor before they can panic;)
The great thing is it doesn't really matter what the day count is as long as you wait until the buds are as you like 'em;) I would love to say I'm super zen about it but I watch the count like a hawk on coke and can usually only bring myself to let about half of my plants ripen truly well:biggrin:. Sorry to blab on, definitely an eternal cannabis question :tiphat:

Borderliner

dwd thanks man. There is a learning curve on spotting when buds are ready no doubt. most of my grows timed from flip of lights then gave couple wks extra all the while looking for bud changes. think there is an art and science to it.

Just going by how much amber doesn't always work. Bog's sour bubble have gone couple wks past due date without seeing much increase of amber. some guys look for pistils brown and retracting but zamaldelicia had plenty white pistils wks after due date so don't think that is the holy grail either.

so my girls have lost most all white pistils now most are brown and retracting and will start checking for amount of amber.

orfeas

Veteran
love your buds, man! however, clinching breeders' harvest time is shaky a tad methinks...we've seen quite a diversity in phenos of a single hybrid...growing premises along side the handling of a plant can elongate or shorten the harvest window...what say you folks?

:tiphat:orfeas

Borderliner

girls fading nicely have noticed increase amber last wk so put some boiling water to 3 of em and plan to let sit in the light for a day or so and then do the other 3.

smells have deepened with major pine taking more complexity with an added musk which is very rich.

thanks to Ace for great genetics and another trouble free grow.:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Borderliner,

My pleasure :tiphat: Nice to see you are about to harvest your Malawi x Panama and that her flowering time has been shorter than expected.
Yes, i would start flushing and harvest her in her peak of best terpenes with the balance of trichomes you are looking for :yes:

Borderliner

Hi Borderliner,

My pleasure :tiphat: Nice to see you are about to harvest your Malawi x Panama and that her flowering time has been shorter than expected.
Yes, i would start flushing and harvest her in her peak of best terpenes with the balance of trichomes you are looking for :yes:

Thanks dubi, do you count start of flowing with first pistils or when flip lights?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks dubi, do you count start of flowing with first pistils or when flip lights?

Hi Borderliner,

I think is quite accurate to start to count the flowering time when the females start to produce preflowers and they start the initial flowering stretching.

Borderliner

3 girls finished and moved into a dark room to sit couple days.

picture.php

:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Hi Borderliner,

I think is quite accurate to start to count the flowering time when the females start to produce preflowers and they start the initial flowering stretching.

Hey, cool beans. Thanks for this info;)

Nice branchy babe, happy harvest!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on the harvest Borderliner :wave:

Please, let us know your opinion of the outcome after the curing, thanks!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Borderliner, Any thoughts about what your next grow is going to consist of? Peace