What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growing cannabis Indoor

OldPhart

In a word, 'no'.

If you want to spend $300 on a grow setup, you could do a lot better than a box with what I assume is 4, 10 w led strips, and a fan. The vertical hydro is sort of a neat idea, but not sure that it would work so well. Not sure what is processor controlled? I call BS on it.

PS, this does have me thinking though. At first I was like "why would you put a window in a grow box", then I started thinking about it; If done well, it could make a neat decoration. But I still wouldn't take it serious as a grow box, maybe a novelty.

Last edited:

aks170184

I checked with the owner of the product and they say that it has got deodoriser and tested with cannabies. I liked the concept of deodoriser, it keeps my neighbours from complaining. I will go ahead and try once

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Great for herbs and probably veggies. Pretty much a toy for cannabis. The setup is all wrong for anything serious with cannabis.

Pass

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
No, its a joke of a product. Just terrible concept in general , the window was cracking me up... Looks cool though... Gonna have to cover it... If ya do get it...
Answer these ?s before buying anything
1. How much you want to grow,
2.How much space you have available
3.budget

A simple closet grow would smash all over that thing..

Also I would not be as confident in the deodorizer if odor can cause problems, I wouldn't trust it if I was in Texas.. Carbon all day..

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Hello, I am visiting from the gardening section. I am a commercial grower so have a bias.
But then again, I do enthusiastically smoke my product.

Fifty watts will cover about half a square foot (six inches by twelve inches), the minimum acceptable for the garden is 85 watts per square foot, usually it runs closer to 100 watts.

I smoke a lot, around two ounces per month in extracts, straight bud runs closer to one ounce per month. Regardless, fifty watts will not grow either amount.
The box pictured would be hard pressed to deliver a half ounce of trimmed bud. And that would take what? Seventy days with an autoflower, just over two months? For under 1/2 ounce?

Visit the growing section, there are mini gardens that will actually function and with a little effort can be automated. Some already are and just need copied.
This is definitely the site you want for information on home gardening.

Floridian

Veteran
I thought 50 watts/sq. ft was pretty adequate for a good flower room,never heard it quoted that high before.I have 3 1K's in my 8 by 8 flowerroom and find it to be a lot of light to grow good tall plants.Are you saying I should have closer to 6 1K's or has my math been shitty all these years?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
50 is minimum for full on indicas. 65 is about max without additional co2. You'll find general agreement around those figures.

packerfan79

Veteran
50 is minimum for full on indicas. 65 is about max without additional co2. You'll find general agreement around those figures.

What he said, 100 watts per sq ft, is way to much even with co2. Stick with 50 watts per sq ft.

Most of these grow box's are a rip off. Many people here could help you do way better. I did a 4x4x8 box with 2x 600w vert with 2 levels 16 plants, 2 pounds of prime Buddha. Lights, blower and, filter nothing to expensive mabey 500 bucks max. A little growbox might get you a few ounces.