What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No way this works? "Toms tumble trimmer"

Rolljuanup

I visted my good friends grow today and he swears by this this trimmer. Hes in a commercial grow that i would go help out with during harvest time with an army of guys and gals sitting around trimming for days on end...Those days are gone! Now he just has help with de-nugging everything and hes using the tumbler and saving a boatload. Oh and he told me hes got guys fighting over his trim, saying the trim catcher works great. He grows top top shelf with dense ass nugs which in itself is gonna work great with any trimmer he uses. Thats the key guys when you got really dense nugs it helps keep the damage to a minimum with whatever trimming methods you decide to use. Hope this helps ��

Thephoenix

I've used Tom's tumble trimmer four times amongst various strains. Over the years everything has been cut wet everything puts a beating on the product doing it dry is the key there's very little loss and you can use that amongst other things as well anyway. When I harvest I have at least 80 man-hours indoor I've done the math four times now it takes away almost 90% of my time. I have 15 years experience indoor and I have family out west that are more professional than I ever will be . The machine is perfect and for such a cheap price rather than 5000 and up for other machines that do it dry as well . Even if you have to go back for a couple hours and touch up look at the time overall what took me and my brother five days all day to do we do in one solid day like a 9-to-5 job and we're done . Take off the fan leaves and do exactly as Tom says the rest is history . I grow a no mamas method way which I will never change and also will not change when I say this product is amazing !!

FoothillFarming

Why no fan leaves? I know that lowers the quality of the trim, but is the machine not capable of trimming the fan leaves? That would make a big difference to me.

I've seen this trimmer at an associates grow, here in San Diego.

It works very well, can't beat the price. We finish everything by hand but this does 80% of the work and doesn't squish the nugs.

Thanks Tom!

mojo280

Soooo. I know this is an older thread, but I feel it needs to be revived. I just ordered the 1900 model and am waiting for it. I have about 30 elbows to trim with my partner. Purple Elephant, Titan OG, Grape Ape, Blue Dream, Purgatory, and Strawberry Daiquiri. I ordered it because it's cheap and claims to remove 80 to 85% of the trim. Also, it doesn't destroy the trim. This is a huge bonus for me as I have an MKIII for concentrates. Anyone who grows knows trim is essential for "income". Anyway, we have a light dep greenhouse, giant outdoor, and very large indoor... but are sick of trimming. If this thing says it'll do what it says... it's a lifesaver. If not... shitty investment. But, not as shitty as dropping 6k to 10k on a trimmer that doesn't do what it says. We shall see. I'll keep you posted.

Drewsif

Trimming nugs is stupid.. Stupid trend. The end user is paying more to mutilate the buds. I'll do it myself. Just lower the price!

Middle man issues.. Trying to make greenhouse gorilla glue look like indo sd.. Just let customers pluck their own buds. Your just shaving off the soft parts and leaving the crows feet for the tweezers.

Same with seeds. They should feel lucky to have seeds! And a pile of leaf for tolerance time. Untrimmed buds should be the cannoisseur style.. I dont need my seafood shelled and nuts cracked for me !

PdxFarms

It makes me laugh when people think trimming bud by hand is going to still be around in the next decade when it comes to store bought/dispensary bud. Ain't gonna happen​

You couldn't be more wrong. You'll never close the gap of quality finish from machine trimmed vs hand trimmed. Only a rookie kid would pass up hand trimmed over machine if the prices were comparable. That's the key. I've seen a major, embarrassing decline in the product throughout dispensaries in the NW since the big rush fell in its face following the months of going legal. Begging to bring quality surplus in but can't pay the piper because they can't compete with lowered local prices that way so their stuck with sub par surplus. Mass market will eventually subside after the hype, which will create and keep the want for hand trimmed quality flower. It won't go away. Compare it to the alcoholic beverage market... You'll never push the quality out. If anything, after it comes back will be two fold. Eventually the separation will become great enough that smaller dispensaries that focus on quality will rule the market. Trim and quality go hand in hand. There's no way im running my top shelf nugs through any commercial trimmer.

I just don't see the tradition going away. I see separation, but with more legal bigger grows using machines..... Comes a equally shared if not stronger market for quality.

undertheweather

Results???

Results???

Soooo. I know this is an older thread, but I feel it needs to be revived. I just ordered the 1900 model and am waiting for it. I have about 30 elbows to trim with my partner. Purple Elephant, Titan OG, Grape Ape, Blue Dream, Purgatory, and Strawberry Daiquiri. I ordered it because it's cheap and claims to remove 80 to 85% of the trim. Also, it doesn't destroy the trim. This is a huge bonus for me as I have an MKIII for concentrates. Anyone who grows knows trim is essential for "income". Anyway, we have a light dep greenhouse, giant outdoor, and very large indoor... but are sick of trimming. If this thing says it'll do what it says... it's a lifesaver. If not... shitty investment. But, not as shitty as dropping 6k to 10k on a trimmer that doesn't do what it says. We shall see. I'll keep you posted.

So what's the word? Good, bad, meh?

Bobby Boucher

Any mesh screen will work wonders for someone who isn’t a perfectionist.. and honestly, to an untrained eye.. there’s little f’n difference between hand trimmed.

That being sad.. I still hand trim my tops. I’ve tossed them in mesh before and they needed very minimal trim up.. but if it isn’t hard to trim up, I’ll do it by hand just to be able to inspect each nug through and through for any cat hairs or people hairs that got caught in the mix.

Takes me a whole day to hand trim a lb or about an hour to shake it out in my screen.. so.. anything that isn’t really easy to trim either gets stuck into a closed column, untrimmed, or it gets thrown into my stainless steel hopper and swirled around a bit.

These days it all goes in the column.. the hopper has been sitting around taking up space. Still a badass little tool, if you’re in a pinch to get something cleaned out.

Attachments

• AE149ED3-7099-4225-B51B-BBE7FEA84F22.jpg
    AE149ED3-7099-4225-B51B-BBE7FEA84F22.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 30

BillFarthing

Veteran
It works- it's just overpriced for what it does.

I personally like the look of wet trimmed, but dry trimming can be done cheap.

Get your cannabis 10% with a wood moisture meter. Get a 5-gallon bucket and the mesh bottom of an oxy-pot. Glue the oxy pot bottom to the bottom inside the 5-gallon bucket. Put weed in, put lid on, shake and it's done.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Regarding the negative comments about Tomstumbletrimmer, I invented this product and it works incredible. The mesh material and the tumbling action is what manicures the product without hurting the crystals. Its not fair someone would post this type of negative post unless they have a competitive product and is trying to hurt the competition. I will guarantee this product works great and I could put anyone in touch with many of my satisfied customers so they can talk to people who actually has tried it.

Sincerely,

Tom

I need to pay more attention to dates of threads before I reply and bitch. Sorry.

Last edited:

Mr. J

The only thing any of these machines do well is destroy buds, and make contaminated hash. If you're in a rush you're in luck though because it does it all at the same time!

Bobby Boucher

Pics not needed. lightly rub n tumble dry nugs over a window screen, or toss in a bucket as Bill is describing.

It does look pretty crappy, to a grower, but when I pass the nugs around... people can’t frickin tell the difference. Honestly. It’s what they are already used to seeing.

I still wouldn’t tumble my weed unless all I had was untrimmed pot with only a few minutes to clean out a quick ounce.. even if it does save me a days work, and I’m the only one who can tell the difference.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Not you Mr. Boucher. I meant that thing that looks like something they would use at bingo or a raffle or to torture hamsters. Actually, coming out of a vacpack, buds aren't so pretty anymore either. Stickier they are, the worse they get. But at least all the goodness is still in the pack and not in some kief bucket to be made into oil. I like to rinse packs just like empty jars with ethanol to get the remaining goods.

10x glass tells all... Truth is I wouldn't mind the top flowers not being trimmed at all since they are getting pac'd anyways. Save $120.

Last edited:

Bobby Boucher

How have you guys never tried tumbling a dried untrimmed ounce before?

It works surprisingly well.. It’s not what I want to do with my nugs.. but if I had 100 lbs of some outdoh.. bet yer ass this would probably be the first design I’d be ripping off.

Sorry, Tom. I’m a bad person.

Latest posts

Latest posts