What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KaliChina and more...

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Pan Elite x Malawi at 43 (or so) days of 12/12

Pan Elite x Malawi at 43 (or so) days of 12/12

OK! So look a couple of posts back in this thread and check her out - now, look at what a few weeks have wrought. She started flowering vociferously somewhere around day 35 or so and she hasn't looked back. She's just packing it on. This is yo way tres exciting!! I love both Panama and Malawi so which ever way she goes its a win-win - and looks like there will be a lot of her to appreciate. The colas appear to go all the way down to the bottom and there's very little popcorn...mainly dense, fat, buds that are growing by the day...

Her scent -thus far- resembles the Panama - pretty heavy on the citrus with an astringent/cleanser dab in the background

attachment.php

Attachments

• mal_branchA.jpg
    mal_branchA.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 28
  • mal_branch.jpg
    mal_branch.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 22
  • mal_wholeA.jpg
    mal_wholeA.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 26

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Panama Elite x Angolan

Panama Elite x Angolan

Finally...the Pan Elite x Angolan...Very sativa expression. Long spiky leaves...long spikey pistils. Looks like cacti quills. She's around 32 or so days into 12/12 and she's beginning to ramp up the flower production. She's vociferously branched out. All of the flower nodes have turned into branches - as far as I know, the branches may have branches...Consequently...she looks like a hedge. I have been doing some moderate cleaning of leaves and branches. Don't want to go to heave because I'm not sure how the flowers are developing yet and I don't want to get rid of anything that might produce a bit of beef, so to speak.

She's just beginning to rosin up on the calyxs and leaves. Her scent -as with the others- is lemony with a hint of cleanser. Really looking forward to seeing what paths this one intends to take.

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Attachments

• ang_1.jpg
    ang_1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 25
  • ang_2.jpg
    ang_2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 16

chappie

Veteran
Looking good there!

I recently did Orient Express (largely based on your suggestion) and then Kali China. OE was pretty good, but KC was even better. Also did PCK and liked it a lot, indeed quite "sativa" for an indica. Just today planted NepJam, also based on memories of your experience of it many years ago at another place. I'm gonna do a couple of them outside here in the PacNW to test their claims of cold and mold resistance.

Thanks for sharing the long strange trip...

~~~c

B

Baron Greenback

Lovely, super plants.
I can almost smell them myself, nice descriptions of the profiles too. Crosses that just look better and better with every update, smoke report should be entertaining :)

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Panama Fem - The Stuff of Dreams

Panama Fem - The Stuff of Dreams

Hey all...

First off- thanks, Baron! I enjoy royalty making kind comments. Much appreciated.

So, I pulled down the peppermint Panama Fem on day 84. Of course, it probably could have gone a few more days (or a week or so) but it looked quite done (vast majority of pistils were brown and the vast majority of trichs were very cloudy). I have a thing about not wanting to take 'em too deep, preserve the terpene profile etc. AND I needed the space in my little room, so down she came. Beautiful, lovely plant...my first one with pink/red pistils. Intense, upper-range citric with a dash of coffee and perhaps a dollop of cleanser to round it off. Small amount sampled from about a week ago and she is formidable. Deep. Profound. High but not couch-lock. Sure, I might stare at something for a few minutes but that's because of deepened appreciation, not because my brain is scrambled. Really! I promise!

attachment.php

As it turns out, I have pneumonia (cough!), so these pics (and those that follow in the next few threads) were taken quickly and on the run, so to speak. I probably won't be able to sample or vape her for a bit - so, I'll be surprised by her after a bit of a cure. In the meantime, she was gorgeous. Kinda chunky, dense buds. Encrusted in trichs. Sticky to the slightest touch and yielding of her scent just by thinking about her. As you can see, my clumsy attempt at LST was not -as we say- highly successful. She wanted a large cola and she made sure she had one! It's hard to tell but the buds are the sizes of small pine cones - almost all the way down. Plants with minds of their own! Gotta love 'em!

attachment.php

Enjoy! (I will cross-post in CBG due to the shared, remarkable genetics of this strain).

Attachments

• Pan_budB.jpg
    Pan_budB.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Pan_budC.jpg
    Pan_budC.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Pan_budD.jpg
    Pan_budD.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Pan-HarvestA.jpg
    Pan-HarvestA.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 29
  • KolaA.jpg
    KolaA.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Pan Elite x Malawi (About) 68 Days 12/12

Pan Elite x Malawi (About) 68 Days 12/12

Hey, all...when I harvested the above Pan Fem, I took out some of the other cousins for a spin. Here's the oldest - a Pan Elite x Malawi. She's growing/blowing up before my eyes but she has begun to turn the corner of the life cycle and I think the next few weeks will see more ripening than rampant growth.

attachment.php

She's glistening with trichs and is still pushing out the white pistils, however, I'm starting to slow down on her nutes and slowly walking her down - getting ready to start flushing some time in the future. Beautiful plant. The full pics don't quite do her justice. The buds are dense and getting quite substantial. Can't effin' wait! But I will!

Attachments

• Mal x Pan Bud.jpg
    Mal x Pan Bud.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Mal x Pan BudA.jpg
    Mal x Pan BudA.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Mal x Pan.jpg
    Mal x Pan.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Mal x PanA.jpg
    Mal x PanA.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 28

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Ang x Pan Elite (around day 56 of 12/12)

Ang x Pan Elite (around day 56 of 12/12)

Here's the "newer" flowering strain - Angolan x Pan Elite. She's a beaut, as well as the above plants. Gotta love the Pan genetics and the skills of dubi and the Ace squad!

attachment.php

Right now, her buds are more "wispy" than then Mal x Pan or the Pan Fem...They remind me somewhat of Guawi or perhaps some of the Orient Express that I have grown out. I'm thinking that she will probably start foxtailing and growing slender stalks of calyxs as she begins to mature. We shall see - OTOH, she could just start fattening and swelling. As it is, she is absolutely lovely to gaze upon. Her pistils are long, white and spikey. She is beginning to put down a deep slather or trichs. Like the others, the predominant scent is that of high-treble citrus.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AngxPan.jpg
    AngxPan.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 19
  • AngxPanA.jpg
    AngxPanA.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 27
  • AngxPan_Bud.jpg
    AngxPan_Bud.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 28
  • AngxPan_BudA.jpg
    AngxPan_BudA.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 25

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
The Future - KaliCh x Pan Elite

The Future - KaliCh x Pan Elite

Here's the most recent convert to 12/12. This Kali China x Pan is being grown from a clone (not enough room in the crypt, so I took a cutting). I have really been enjoying getting to know Kali China - I don't quite have her measure yet but she is potent and has legs...my first two criteria. Can't wait to see what she's like when mixed with the vibrant genes of Panama.

She was put in on April 3, 2015 (I think) and has been off to the races. I just transplanted her two days ago so I'm expecting further explosive growth.

attachment.php

(I've been -um- working on getting my canopy a bit more level. At times, it is just not logistically possible as the main cola just starts pressing its foot to the gas pedal and does what it wants but this may have a shot at it.)

Stay tuned!!!

Attachments

• KalilChxPan.jpg
    KalilChxPan.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 27
B

Baron Greenback

Lovely stuff, the only bad thing in the update is the pneumonia - all good now?
Really interested in the angola/Panama - how long do you think that will take to finish? I'm debating starting one off.
Have you seen the "mainlining" training technique? Might fit in nicely with the way you grow...it's by a grower called nugbuckets and works really well, even for fools like myself.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Holy balls! Busy at all??

Straight up tropical sativa heaven where you live I see..

Hoping illness leaves you thoroughly well brother mayan..

Lovely flowers by the way....... :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Fantastic work mayan :)

Panama is a very highly worked sativa line that performs great indoors, with high resin production, dense heavy flowers, deep and refined terpene profiles, and very strong effects .... it's hard to find nowadays an undesirable expression in the line. Looks like you found a very solid and resinous female, i'm glad you also found the red pistil trait in your female, it's usually not so evident indoors.

Panama elite x New Malawi killer is a new F1 hybrid that combines our 2 highest worked sativa lines from our catalogue, is still on testing process but i have huge expectations about the potential of this F1.

In your case, the Panama elite F10 mother was pollinated by the 3rd generation New Malawi killer (reversed).

We also have produced a similar opposite combination: Old Killer Malawi x Panama elite F10 (reversed).

We are testing both to determine which combination produces the best results, so we can hopefully release this F1 in the not so distant future.

Hope you are feeling better of your cough. Best vibes to you and your family :huggg:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
KaliChina x Panama Fem

KaliChina x Panama Fem

Hey, all of yas...you are the best! Thanks for your kind thoughts!!! Ace attracts top shelf folk!

Took all of my Ace test grow plants out. I was pulling out the Pan x Malawi for harvest and figured I could take some quick shots of the Kali China x Pan and Angola x Pan while I was at it.

I'll take the youngest first. This is the Kali China x Pan...at the time the pics were taken, she was at about 31 days under 12/12. It will be interesting - I'm thinking (prematurely, perhaps) that she's going to fall the trajectory of the Kali China...swift and vociferous flowering with an equally swift maturity.

attachment.php

She has some citrus hints but otherwise she smells of hash, sweetness and cream. Quite beautiful scents. Not many photos as she's young yet but she's quite a beauty. More about her later as I get to know her better.

Attachments

• KC x Panama_wholeA.jpg
    KC x Panama_wholeA.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 19
  • KC x Panama_whole.jpg
    KC x Panama_whole.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 35

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Ang x Pan Elite (around day 74 of 12/12)

Ang x Pan Elite (around day 74 of 12/12)

This one is coming right along. Beautifully!! She has long spikey pistils which are beginning to brown and frizzle. She's slathered in trichs and she smells like I've been feeding her lemon cleanser. Deep, deep treble citrus with something extra that makes me think of washing the floor.

The buds are huge. These photos were taken on May 4 - if anything, the buds are more swollen and ripe today. Not sure how long she's gonna go...still pushing out some white pistils, her trichs are huge and milky. Snipped some lower growth to sample in a few days...should get a sense of where she's headed. Can't effin' wait!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Ang xPan_A.jpg
    Ang xPan_A.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Ang_bud.jpg
    Ang_bud.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Ang_cola.jpg
    Ang_cola.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Ang xPan_B.jpg
    Ang xPan_B.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Bleiweis

Veteran
Comeeeee onnnn dude! How can you get such results in such "small" pots :D tried to do the same thing last year and my plants almost died :D haha :D you're a true master mayan, kudos!
They all look wonderful :)

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
The Guest of Honor...Pan x Malawi

The Guest of Honor...Pan x Malawi

I am calling her OMG. A fuckin' amazing plant. I love all Ace strains but Panama (obviously) and Malawi (totally) are at the top of my all-time lists. Here she is at day of Harvest around 90 days after 12/12.

In scent, she followed the Panama - deep citrus. In look, she reminds me of a Malawi. Dense flowers. Lots of 'em and even the popcorn buds are huge. I note that the colas pictured below were very similar to the three or four other main colas. Staggering!

My sample - taken a week or two prior to harvest- blew me away. A high like a Beethoven symphony. Profoundly deep (or deeply profound) and magnificent. Lasted for hours. Used it -partially- for meditation and it was a revelation. I dunno, mebbe I could have taken her longer - she did a head-fake on me. Almost all the pistils were brown and then -whomp- she went back into pushing out more fresh ones. I let most of them wither and decided to pull the plug before she did it again. As it is...the "high" is spiritual, psychedelic and has legs like a Kentucky Derby winner.

Without further adieu...here are some photos. As you can tell - I am besotted with this plant. Besotted!!
Thanks to dubi!!!! And kaiki for working up the legendary Panama genetics. The Malawi - all I can say is "hummmmm!"

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited: