What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show Your Truly Early Finishers

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
My S African Durban Poison was 2 weeks earlier then Early Pearl when grown outdoors in Holland side by side. I know Early Pearl well, it was developed by my colleague RCC before he sold it to Nevil. I have several varieties that are done by Aug. I am all but retired but will be sure they are passed on to friends that are interested.
Just use Autos they are done after about 90 days under any light cycle.
-SamS

Do you mind discussing the origin/lineage of these early flowering strains? In my area outdoor plants need to be finished by September 1st ideally. Not interested in breeding with autoflowers either as Im not confident in their stability/performance, and much prefer being able to maintain plants in veg.

Tipunch

Question to outdoor growers.

Are you guys able to see flowering stage when daylight lasts 16, 15, 14 or 13 hours?

Where I'm at, sunlight goes below 12 hours around august 20th. That's when my outdoor grow shows signs of switch from veg to flower. So technically I don't see how I could have something ready by end of august.
Thx :tiphat:

calisun

around 14 hours daylight a lot of strains start flowering. It's all strain dependent. Indicas are typically quicker and earlier than sativas. I have one done Sept 5th. Some trigger earlier. Some trigger at the same time but take longer to ripen up.

Tipunch

around 14 hours daylight a lot of strains start flowering. It's all strain dependent. Indicas are typically quicker and earlier than sativas. I have one done Sept 5th. Some trigger earlier. Some trigger at the same time but take longer to ripen up.
thx Cali. Do you also switch your nute program and start giving flower nutes in July, whatever signs you get from your plants ?

ramse

The Flying Dutchmen: Haley's Comet (Early Californian x Skunk#1)
some phenotypes end in late August, others in early September

Mr.Nice Seeds: Shit (Skunk #1 (Dom. Afghan) x Skunk #1)
around mid-September. It ends before their Early Skunk

mikeandnaomi

The Flying Dutchmen: Haley's Comet (Early Californian x Skunk#1)
some phenotypes end in late August, others in early September

Mr.Nice Seeds: Shit (Skunk #1 (Dom. Afghan) x Skunk #1)
around mid-September. It ends before their Early Skunk

Mr Nice seeds are very good. Have grown a lot of varities.

calisun

thx Cali. Do you also switch your nute program and start giving flower nutes in July, whatever signs you get from your plants ?

I do, I can't recommend anything as it is different for everyone depending on what soil or soilless soil they are starting out with and the water they are using and the climate among other things.
I will say the basic plan I follow for basic npk. Is having a balanced fully loaded soil that had time to simmer before I plant. In the early stages I push p and ca a little then back off p and push n a little in veg. In trans I push p and ca a little again. Once stacked I push K.
I have been figuring out when and what micros to push but that is more by reading the plant for me right now. Also there are times to push hormones found in kelp, alfalfa, and SST.
I am still learning and figuring out what is best for cannabis so don't take my word as the gospel but I have been having very good results.

Tipunch

My S African Durban Poison was 2 weeks earlier then Early Pearl when grown outdoors in Holland side by side. I know Early Pearl well, it was developed by my colleague RCC before he sold it to Nevil. I have several varieties that are done by Aug. I am all but retired but will be sure they are passed on to friends that are interested.
Just use Autos they are done after about 90 days under any light cycle.
-SamS
Hi Sam, what varieties of yours finish before sept, outdoor?

Thx :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts