What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Testers 2017 Auto Malawi x NL F4 Fem

ULMW

:woohoo::thank you::party:

Thank You ever so much Ace Seeds for the opportunity to grow these testers as all year I have been meaning to get. Now at F4 and from what I have gathered from Dubi and the Ace Gardens this has become a very popular plant and proven herself very pleasing.
Now I get to germinate the seeds in the coming week to ten days. I will be keeping a journal all along the way too.
Exciting to try new genetics and this year each and every one I have had from Ace Seeds has impressed me , and those around me. I am eager to get started with these new ones !!!
:plant grow:

Buddler

Veteran
Awesome ULMW I get the front row ,lets see what you can do with these babies ..B:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
ULMW, I have been curious about these genetics. I'm sure you will do a great job. This type of genetics may do very well in my environment. The Ruderalis does grow naturally in Canada, Minnesota, North and South Dakota. If anyone is going to do an auto flowering outcross properly, it will be Ace. I will be along for the ride, Thank you for your thread. Peace

ULMW

Greetings Buddler and Farmerlion, thanks for your kind words and interest. I pray you are both well and your gardens abounding in herbal joy!!
I am thinking of running a couple of these seeds as testers. One or two untoppedand one topped just to see if the Auto handles it for some indoor growers who may have height concerns but who would love a chance to run the plant. Should be a very interesting journey.
I have had some pleasant revisits to yester year strains like Panama, Malawi from the Sativas of my youth and also the Indicas that came next , like Skunk#1 and Northern Lights. So to run a combo plus an auto is really a joy. Ideally next summer if I get a chance outdoors it would be even greater to study the plants. For now tho indoors.
Farmerlion , I hear you about the genetics of autos and your area. To my limited educated scientific mind it would therefore be a superb sync to your environment.
I had the same meditational pondering as not far from here is a next region infamous for Ruderalis variety from Europe. So I would only be to happy to have her running outdoors. Til time comes I will watch n pray and study how the plants character and behavior indoors.

ULMW

13 OCT

13 OCT

LIFE!!!!:woohoo:
Couple of peeks and I see action and now all 4 seeds I sew this week have popped and are on their merry way into the journey together with me and their new homes.
Praying for a happy life !
Happy growing!!!
:plant grow:

Attachments

• ACE SEEDS TESTERS 2017 AUTO MALAWI X NLIGHTS F4 .jpg
    ACE SEEDS TESTERS 2017 AUTO MALAWI X NLIGHTS F4 .jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 17
  • AUTO MALAWI X NLIGHTS F4 FEM TESTER 2017.jpg
    AUTO MALAWI X NLIGHTS F4 FEM TESTER 2017.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 31
G

Great pic!Just out of the womb...Good luck with this project,too,brother.:)

Buddler

Veteran
:yeahthatsThat is a great shot. Are you growing in coco ? Autos are in my future ,so lets watch you first ULMW ..I Bet they can get big..:dance013:thanks for sharing.

Holeshot22

Good luck mate . Hope she does well. I've never had much luck with auto's. You know where the NL was sourced from?I grew NL for a while . Good sleep meds that's for sure.

ULMW

Greetings Syd, Buddler and Holeshot. Pray you and your loved ones and gardens are well and healthy.
Wow! Thanks very much everybody for your kind words and interest.

I have grown Cannabiogens Auto twice earlier and was pleased with the results , so from the get go I had a feeling that when Ace launched them at Spannabis it was time to see them myself. Sadly my orders were already done by time of its official release. Like many I pondered the idea of Malawi in Auto and teamed up with a NL it was sure to be good coming from Ace as its first release.
One thing I know in this brief time growing Ace Seeds is they do not cut corners and the quality always outstanding.
Still I held back from getting these but when I saw Dubi's pictures and updates this year it seems ideal time to take the plunge so to speak.

Like I mentioned before I plan to top one and kerp one as is. To see how they grow and provide data for all interested in the photo grow journal.
I think I recall Dubi mentioning these F4s are really impressing them this year. So again, Dubi has never led me astray with his recommendations.

Looking forward to watching them jump up.

I like NL too. Recent times had some nostalgia yesteryear grows alongside my Ace Seeds. Skunk#1 & Northern Lights. So am interested in learning which ones were used NL2 is something I got my eye on too... he heh!

Buddler, yes I grow in Coco.
100% but recent times I fill the base first quarter with perlite. Then pure coco place plant in the middle and then top with perlite to reduce evaporation and to stop bugs etc getting into coco. Adds some reflective quality too to the ubdersides... maybe.?

I also do some 10L Hempy Buckets the same way and feed them Drain To Waste style. My Ace Seeds are in 18L or 20L square pots. I find in those and with enough time growing in them I can do quite accurate hand watering feeds to suit my life style.
I love to potter in my indoor garden of life and spend time with the plants. Coco and hand watering works simply and effectively for my needs.

Anyway the Auto's are up and looking great. I sprout them in Root Riots and put them in coco in paper coffee cups with a drain hole like a baby hempy bucket for a week to start then will repot to final containers. That will give me time to free space in my flower tent to grow them.
I WILL NOT be able to run them under a 18/6 schedule for all their life as many autos are recommended to be grown this way. Due to perpetual growibg the flower tent is set to flower hours. So the Autos will have a slight disadvantage but might be a good one for an experiment anyway for those curious like myself. I expect them to manage well and perhaps only loose a little height and maybe yield as a result of light hours linits. Lets see...

Happy growing to each and all!

Buddler

Veteran
[quote)
Buddler, yes I grow in Coco.
100% but recent times I fill the base first quarter with perlite. Then pure coco place plant in the middle and then top with perlite to reduce evaporation and to stop bugs etc getting into coco. Adds some reflective quality too to the ubdersides... maybe.?

I also do some 10L Hempy Buckets the same way and feed them Drain To Waste style. My Ace Seeds are in 18L or 20L square pots. I find in those and with enough time growing in them I can do quite accurate hand watering feeds to suit my life style.
I love to potter in my indoor garden of life and spend time with the plants. Coco and hand watering works simply and effectively for my needs.

Anyway the Auto's are up and looking great. I sprout them in Root Riots and put them in coco in paper coffee cups with a drain hole like a baby hempy bucket for a week to start then will repot to final containers. That will give me time to free space in my flower tent to grow them.
I WILL NOT be able to run them under a 18/6 schedule for all their life as many autos are recommended to be grown this way. Due to perpetual growibg the flower tent is set to flower hours. So the Autos will have a slight disadvantage but might be a good one for an experiment anyway for those curious like myself. I expect them to manage well and perhaps only loose a little height and maybe yield as a result of light hours linits. Lets see...

Happy growing to each and all![/quote]

Interesting doing the auto s 12&12 and the baby hempys for the seedlings,I did coco hempys a few runs but went back to coco ,I don't like dealing with used perlite,cool stuff though will be fun to watch.Thanks for sharing.:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
ULMW, Hey brother congratulations on your new family. It's refreshing to see new life full of aspirations. I've been chopping mine down and hanging to dry. I feel I have betrayed their trust. So onward and upward with your grow. Peace my friend

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ULMW,

Thanks for starting a new grow diary about the new F4 generation of our first autoflowering strain: Auto Malawi x NL.

The F3 generation of the hybrid and first stock released of the strain has been a success, and it has also been widely tested by our team this year. This new F4 generation should be more consistent for the high yielding sativa/indica phenos, with better terpenes, higher resin production and stronger effects.

Curious to know how they are doing 1 month after their birth. Best wishes! :)

ULMW

NOV 28

NOV 28

Greetings and Glad tidings Dubi. Pray you are well my friend and that you and your garden are healthy too.

Thanks for the updates. Here is some new pics.

NB.
1 ) Light Schedule is not ideal 11 on 13 off due to shared tent. So I expected loss in yield and size of plant too.

2) Topped one plant and left one natural, untopped.

3) Plants in 20L pots to limit height indoors.

So, now we have set the conditions that the environment is we can guage the plants with these measures.
I will try them outdoors , God willing in the summer of 2018, also.

I can say they make for great plants indoors under these conditions. Untopped is the way I recommend. The topped has appeared more stunted in height but has potential in width. Lets watch n pray.
Happy growing!!!:)

Attachments

• 20171128_103250.jpg
    20171128_103250.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20171128_103325.jpg
    20171128_103325.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20171128_103341.jpg
    20171128_103341.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171128_103337.jpg
    20171128_103337.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20171128_103314.jpg
    20171128_103314.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 14

ULMW

:biggrin:

Attachments

• 20171205_083213.jpg
    20171205_083213.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20171205_083236.jpg
    20171205_083236.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171205_083123.jpg
    20171205_083123.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171205_083108.jpg
    20171205_083108.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171205_083002.jpg
    20171205_083002.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 9

ULMW

Getting some aromas building :biggrin:Thank You Ace Seeds:tiphat::)

Attachments

• 20171212_084140.jpg
    20171212_084140.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 12
  • 20171212_084155.jpg
    20171212_084155.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 19
G

Wow,impressive budding pattern for an auto.What's the light schedule ULMW?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi ULMW,

Yes, i also recommend to do not prune the autos, they only have a few weeks of growth before start the flowering, regardless of the photoperiod, so it's better don't delay their growth with prunings unless they are overgrowing in height your indoor space.

Really interesting very sativa phenos on your Auto Malawi x NLs F4 :) The resin production in early flowering is outstanding for an auto, very much in a 'New Killer Malawi' way! ;)

ULMW

Wow,impressive budding pattern for an auto.What's the light schedule ULMW?

Greetings Syd.
Thanks for your interest they are with my other plants in flowerctent schedule 11/13
Pray you are well and your garden too.
Happy Growing!