What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Hash- full ace run 'n fun

deepwaterdude

Looking very good, rlsmooth, almost ready for blastoff! Nice clean setup. I'd wait until they are in top health and vigor for a full week and then go to flower. I've had some plants that didn't notice Fim or topping, just steamed right along with the meristem;)

ULMW

Greetings rlsmooth,
Thanks for your kind words and the link. 315 w looks great.
Sorry to hear the gals misbehaved. I found Veg stage she performs a bit unruly and awkward even. Made me watch n pray every day to see her thru Veg properly. Then in Flower , KERPOW!!! Super healthy and no problems what so ever! Amazing plant ,enjoy!!!
Happy growing!

G

Finally, after all the trouble you went through, you can get em ready to Flo,I agree with dwd on the extra week.Worst case scenario, you may have to crush a stem or if you don't want to you can always bend if needed.Although my kc proved to be a stretcher...:tiphat:

rlsmooth

Cheers for stopping by! I definetly agree with you on waiting a little bit more before flowering. You can always make a big plant smaller but other way around is harder..^^ Kali China seems to be growing faster at the moment, pots starting to feel light so I guess I'll give them their first light feeding during the weekend.

Have a relaxed weekend everyone!

rlsmooth

What's up?

Weekly update part 420. Not much has happened during the week, atleast I don't see any difference...

WdbBakk.jpg

.. ^^. KaliChina girls are the tallest ones in the back. Pretty good looking hashplant expressions in the front. I think the BH in the middle are more katsu side? They could've used more veg, but flipped 12/12 yesterday. 7/9 plants showed preflowers during veg, waiting for one Kalichina and one Bh to show them hairs then starting to count flowering. Plants got a few drops of veg nutrient on last watering, and heavy amounts of psytrance and psybient on daily bases. Soil doesn't dry very quickly so have to be careful with overwatering. I see a difference in how these plants look in veg, there is difference in changing the hps to lec :)

rlsmooth

Weekly update

Bubba Hashplants are doing good. Healthy green colours, they been focusin on getting the side branches closer to light mostly, couple plants been stretching alot aswell. One KaliChina disliked the first introduction to N last week, or then there was some watering or aeration problem, because some big fan lleaves went all leathery and droopy. Might be that the pot it's in didn't have premade drainage holes and the ones I did couple years back when I was a noob might not be sufficient. Anyway it has been steadily adding size and newer leaves are looking happy althought a bit light coloured, I'm not too worried.

And wtf is it with those roots? Always the same with Ace seeds, crazy vigour (Y). White alien tentacles popping out everywhere. Gave most of the plants 1ml of Guanokalong bloom (NK 2,5- 6) today to help em to understand that they need to start forming some serious buds, the start of flowering has been a bit slow, most likely due to something I've done. Anyway I hope that they are starting to form flowers soon, I'm running out of space. Started counting flowering on Monday, all plants had shown pistils by then, so we are currently on day 4.

Iq0ssHR.jpg

9vGpdBO.jpg

Next time I'll add some pics when there are some buds to show. If they don't start forming soon I'm expectin a light leak. Light rhythm has been steady and ran with timers ofc. Now it's time to vape some of my last buds, I made the most terrible mistake a grower can make, didn't store enough buds to keep me covered till the next crop :D hard times ahead, eh? But breaks do ya good I guess...Peace!

G

Hey bro!Full tent,eh?:biggrin:They look so healthy,man those roots show they enjoy their shoes...:tiphat:

domacin

i want to speculate about guano kalong, as you can see, its only N and K , phosphorus is completely missing .. as there is this other "bottle"/ container from this company, thats nearly pure P , and is meant to be used in addition to your bottle

P is the key to the amount of calyxes, while K is the key to their size and hardiness

from my point of view, it would be smarter to use now the P component, and the NK bottle for the last 3rd of the flower cycle

of course not to be meant as a stop and go rule, but as a transitional advice ;)

actually, im so curious about your ceramics experience

rlsmooth

Hi syd, yes tent is pretty full and things are going smooth right now , very happy :p. I've never experienced roots growing like this but I take it as a good thing atleast plants look rather happy!

And hola Domacin. http://www.guanokalong.com/engels.html there you can see the varieties of nutes they have. Guanokalong bloom is the only liquid bloom fertilizer they sell, and it's ment to be used with bat guano powder. In my case the bat guano powder, which I've mixed in my soil and lately top dressed some as well, is NPK value 1-10-1 or something like that. Rich in magnesium, calcium and micronutrients as well. So it's available for the plants all the time and no liquids needed I hope :) I'm curious about the CMH as well, so far it looks like there is no turning back to HPS, atleast in my current setup and space limits.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
:lurk: I'm really interested in the Bubba Hash results, I'll be around for sure!

rlsmooth

Thanks for curiosity, Azure and KGB47. It really gives me motivation to keep updating, since this activity is illegal where I live and sometimes I get really paranoid about posting anything related to the subject on the internetz..:biggrin:

rlsmooth

The saddest looking droopy leaf BH now the happiest and fastest one!
3RjViur.jpg

Family, KaliChina are the tallest in the back left n right
NFLeAXQ.jpg

So pics taken this morning flowering day 12 according to my calculations. Things are pretty good, BH especially very easy plant to grow. My feeding regimen has been a little on the underfeeding side, both KaliChinas have showed some nitrogen deficiencies and dropped a few leaves downstairs where there is no light penetration. BH seems to be doing fine with lower nitrogen amounts.

Been a little bit on the overwatering side I think, althought the upper leaves don't show too weird cupping some lower leaves are a bit funky looking and lil twisted here and there. Might also be because of lack of space and they are showing their mind. Thinking about trying to water every 3 days instead of 2. KaliChina in my blue bucket is the only plant that needs special attention, she has had most problems so far. Cupping, dropped a few fan leaves and seems to drink shitloads, needs to be watered daily or every second day.

Long amounts of jargon, but these will also become notes for my future self :D. I think I made a mistake in vegging too long, now I have plants from 70cm to 1m and no space to move my lightning anymore, and I think with the penetration capacity of 315w CMD means that bottom half of the plants don't get any light. Anyway I'm interested to see what kind of main colas these girls will pack if I manage to keep em healthy. In my next runs I will grow fewer plants, mayby 4-6 in bigger pots. I'll also train them and flower early enough. I think this run also suffers from the fact, that the tent is so packed that the walls of the tent don't reflect light to the bottom of the plants as well as it could with lesser amount of plants.

Anyway, if anyone bothered to read all this, all I have to say is.. THE SMELLS are freaking awesome already!!! BH smells like some weird parfume I have to sniff it several times a day, KC is like some incencey mango lassey atm.:dance013:..Now off to feed em some molasses gotta ensure they stay healthy and green still about 7 weeks to go. Happy weekend folks!

Oh, and been noticing that some plants have had wet spots on their leaves. I've been like what, haven't been spraying em or anything. Anyway in the spots where fan leaves touch each other, there has been some transpiration. Interesting :O If one wouldn't have good ventilation that could be troublesome, Powdery mildew could grow and so on.

Last edited:

Buddler

Veteran
Hi RL those kali s are stretchy ,the smell of the BH keeps me coming back for more .A good fan can help with the moisture between leaves a lil crowded in there once those dense buds form the mold will be lurking ,I like to spread them out with trellis helps with the airflow and getting all the tops even light..Anyways I feed em hard for the first four weeks then I back off as they finish fast.Looking good thanks for the update..:tiphat:

oldbootz

Veteran
Looking quite nice!

I would trim off all the leaves on the bottom 1/3 of the plants to get that bit of extra yield on the buds.

Biobizz contains a lot of molasses already, probably don't need to add more.

The plants look like they could use a light foliar spray of some epsom salts. (intervienal chlorosis).

I've had my eye on the Kali China and I have grown many Bubba x's, its probably my favorite indica.

rlsmooth

Looking quite nice!

I would trim off all the leaves on the bottom 1/3 of the plants to get that bit of extra yield on the buds.

Biobizz contains a lot of molasses already, probably don't need to add more.

The plants look like they could use a light foliar spray of some epsom salts. (intervienal chlorosis).

I've had my eye on the Kali China and I have grown many Bubba x's, its probably my favorite indica.

Hi m8! Thanks for tuning in.

Yep I agree with defoliation on the bottom part, been doing that during past 1,5 half weeks ^^ And yeah, with giving molasses I actually ment giving Guanokalong grow !

How long you usually like to flower your Bubba x crosses to get that nice indica hit you like?

Are you seeing signs of MG deficiency in the plants, or just suggested to do some epsom in advance? Is it possible to do such a foliar feed now in flowering? I've only found some of the lowest leaves going yellow, coz the lamp is like 1,5m above them.

oldbootz

Veteran
Hi

How long you usually like to flower your Bubba x crosses to get that nice indica hit you like?

I usually go 9 weeks with most bubba hybrids. But each plant is different and I didn't try Aces bubba hash yet.

Are you seeing signs of MG deficiency in the plants, or just suggested to do some epsom in advance?

I may have been too hasty with this advice because another look at it (the middle plant), and its actually not yellowing between leaf veins which is the plant needing magnesium, its slight yellowing on the veins themselves. Nothing to really worry about, the plants look happy. It might be from being close to the light (bleaching) or could just be an extra hungry plant.

They are developing well under your care.

As far as doing foliar sprays during flowering, its ok as long as you don't spray anything that wont dissolve in water and wash off. Also best to do it at lights off.

rlsmooth

Decided to take some poor quality photos (after morning hit..^^) of BH closing 3 weeks flowering. Watering time for the girls this morning. I love that they are packing some nice resin early enough!

Edit.. Fuck, decided to do closer inspection upon all the girls and noticed one BH had gone nuts on me. Lowest growth tops that did'nt enjoy too much light had several nuts and some of em had already spread-.- found some pollen from the leaves. I tolerate no such activities so the ladyboy was removed from the tent. Shit happens.. will keep all the girls under closer surveillance for the upcoming week.

kOPComW.jpg

krO1u40.jpg

Last edited:

rlsmooth

Hi,

First of all sorry to possible followers who wanted to see great Bubba Hash pics. This run was the worst of my life, felt ashamed of screwing so many things up myself and was pissed at myself for degenerating as a grower, so I negleted this topic, because the plants weren't worth showing due to my fuck ups. Main issues were overwatering, which caused gnats for the first time in my 2 years of growing and also lead to serious amounts of decificiencies. I put a little bit blame on the soil, but it was me who didn't know how to water it properly..took forever to dry coz of coco. Also I think my CMH bulb wasn't functioning in it's full power, because it stopped working basically immediatly after my grow was done. I also had too many plants with too long veg for that space, and it caused huge stretching and I basically ran out of space. Got some plants to smokable buds, but the amount was like you'd been growing with 250w hps and maybe even less. luckily the quality of the survivors was great, when counting in the conditions.

Stressfull conditions made some of the plants throw balls, so they got removed early. Anyway I've come to this planet to learn, now I have some beast Tikal and Panamas going great in a soil I've used before and (hopefully) properly working cmh bulb, so the positive energy of those plants made me want to share some pics of the by gone Bubba Hash and Kali China grow. Hopefully I'll have some nice sativas to show when spring comes :)

I searched my phone files and found that I have some pics left of the plants that saw it to the final weeks of the grow. First is the best and frostiest Bubba Hash.

LNvgaof.jpg

a7utS7n.jpg

9V30MfO.jpg

8LuOXZE.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts