What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

malawi x panama

Borderliner

They have done very well 33" at flip after 2 month veg and now at 40". In 5th wk 11.5-12.5 light schedule. Their in 6" pots. There are 6 plants but hard to tell as they are multi-tops and flop over. They have been under an excessive uvb lights and looks not to have dwarfed too much. Actually 40" plants in my 4x4 closet is about as big as I'd like. :tiphat:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74099

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Looks great, Borderliner; digging your lights. I think I looked at those COB/spectrum LED combos. Very great idea, a tad expensive for me;)

Borderliner

Thanks for the kind words dwd. Yeah they were expensive well the Amare se 450 was about 900. The t5s not so bad.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Cool. I have a MalxPan about the same stage. They look very similar. I have other varieties this grow but none as vigorous and carefree as this x

Borderliner

Cool. I have a MalxPan about the same stage. They look very similar. I have other varieties this grow but none as vigorous and carefree as this x

Claude thanks for looking. carefree is the word with this cross. Even malawi and zamaldelica fem grow was carefree other than trying to tame thru lst. look forward to seeing your pics. malxpan:tiphat:

Borderliner

These were topped twice first at the 4th node so wonder if topped earlier say at 3rd node would that lead to wider possible shorter plants at finish?

deepwaterdude

These were topped twice first at the 4th node so wonder if topped earlier say at 3rd node would that lead to wider possible shorter plants at finish?

3rd node is generally where mainlining starts, if that helps? Fella's got a couple se 450s on craigslist, but almost full price. Might as well get one new. What's the true flower footprint in your experience?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Borderliner, I envy your grow. Seeing your plants flowering so nicely excites me. Mine are just green leaves. Still waiting for the days to shorten a little more. I'm in no hurry, I like being warm. The older I get the more I hate winters. Peace

Borderliner

farmerlion, thanks for the kind words. Green leaves the work stage if can get out of veg without pests, rot, or rodents feel like it's down hill from there. I lived above the arctic circle for awhile and like winter.

Borderliner

These are about 6 wks. Can see plant structure and pia. Well all those flopping tops are making good size buds.
picture.php

picture.php

Borderliner

pic 3 shows some tip burn. the worst one was touching light. pic 2 burn from touching light, have feed as high as ec 1.10 once or twice most at ec 0.8- 1.0

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Borderliner,

Your Malawi x Panama is well developed in her 6th week of flowering.
I'm glad you are tuning up well with her current correct feeding requirements.
Looks a bit more on the Malawi side of the hybrid, i'm curious to know your opinion about her aromas once they start to develop.

Thanks for your sharing your growing dairy with us!

Borderliner

Hi Borderliner,

Your Malawi x Panama is well developed in her 6th week of flowering.
I'm glad you are tuning up well with her current correct feeding requirements.
Looks a bit more on the Malawi side of the hybrid, i'm curious to know your opinion about her aromas once they start to develop.

Thanks for your sharing your growing dairy with us!

dubi thanks for stopping by now they are all mj-pine nose.