What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cash Cropper Strains?

Best strain for quality, yield, bag appeal, and quickness? In that order (Both indica & sativa) I'm getting some pure williams wonder seeds to start with. Just wondering if there's a bid bud cross, new autoflower, or anything else out there that would be better. I'd also like to get ahold of some dumpster if anyone has a line on that. Thanks in advance! Love this place. Twice the knowledge with none of the bullshit.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
So many variables ... indoors or out? Big trees/ small bushes/ sog/scrog? Hydro/soil?
Could be many different answers depending on the setup.

F

FreeUrMind

I am intrested in cash cropper to. Setup 4 x 4 tent 600watts hydro ebb and flow hydroton in net pots

Easy7

Veteran
Depends where you shop for seed. Dumpster is a clone only, thought to be G13 northern lights.

Most of the usa seed banks gear is longer flowering than old school strains. Not very old school but say 1990s sensi strains. Pushing the ripening of outdoor harvest window right up to frost dates. Very rare to have flowering strains that go past 75 days finish outdoors here.

Fems or regs? So many options. As always pheno selecting is key.

Old strains like a lot of sensi or nirvana strains can get 5 harvests in hydro a year. Running modern cali strains with 75 day flowering...lucky to get 4 harvests.

Depends on local market too. Or your style.

Easy7

Veteran
It comes down to strain. High yielding makes me think sativa oriented. Takes awhile to flower and fewer but perhaps heavier harvests.

Believe it or not you could make 16k - 20k a year in my locale with a 4 x 4.

Fems or regs? Try something older and less focused on west coast market. There were plenty of yesterday varieties that were cash croppers.

Jack herrer
White rhino
Sensi skunk
Super skunk
Super silver haze
Amnesia
G13 haze

Bodhi has a bunch of g13 hashplant crosses that are regs and could be selected for heavy crop rotation.

Just because people knock each other over for yesteryear hacks does not make yester year strains any worse. Lot's are great and as good as they were. Word is serious ak47 lost a parent and maybe other old strains lost some original selected parents.

New strains have stupid names often. No easily traced lineage. Most are hacks of clones that actually had selection. Otherwise they are pollen chuckers and not real breeding. I doubt people breed much for resistance.

F

FreeUrMind

It comes down to strain. High yielding makes me think sativa oriented. Takes awhile to flower and fewer but perhaps heavier harvests.

Believe it or not you could make 16k - 20k a year in my locale with a 4 x 4.

Fems or regs? Try something older and less focused on west coast market. There were plenty of yesterday varieties that were cash croppers.

Jack herrer
White rhino
Sensi skunk
Super skunk
Super silver haze
Amnesia
G13 haze

Bodhi has a bunch of g13 hashplant crosses that are regs and could be selected for heavy crop rotation.

Just because people knock each other over for yesteryear hacks does not make yester year strains any worse. Lot's are great and as good as they were. Word is serious ak47 lost a parent and maybe other old strains lost some original selected parents.

New strains have stupid names often. No easily traced lineage. Most are hacks of clones that actually had selection. Otherwise they are pollen chuckers and not real breeding. I doubt people breed much for resistance.

Excellent post thanks for the info on strains

Easy7

Veteran
Last I smoked someones stuff, the paid 50 for eighth of brick.

40 to 60 is usual here. 60 won't weigh more than 2.8 to 3 and 40 bags are fat. A rip off is a rip off and a good deal is a good deal.

Phases

$50 eighths! Wow that's crazy.

It's $20-$25 and eighth around my neck of the woods. (Ontario, Canada)

I am curious to see what the prices will be like once Canada legalized cannobis recreationaly..

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
@phases
Haha yeah $20-$25 eighths are standard around my area tacoma washington, those PNW deals.

The prices will probably vary place to place, thats seems to be the way its been since the med dispensary days.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Blue dream is a notorious cash cropper strain with good quality, ive seen amazing things in hydroponics.

How are you gonna have a 'cash crop' with a 4X4 tent?
Very easy with the right strain/phenotype and some intelligent tipping in veg. Take my experience for example:

Strain: Single clone of Jack herer.
Grow box: 1.2m x .95m x 2.1m (4' x 3'2")
Light: Single ended 600w with magnetic ballast.
Media: Perite/vermiculite mix, hand watered with Canna Flores. Ignore pH.
Veg time: Three weeks maximum using an already topped cutting. The plant is trained and tipped further to encourage around 20-24 branches in a stadium-type arrangement.
Flowering: 49-52 days so around seven weeks.
Yield: Average about 20 zips, which is a productivity of 2 ounces per week over 10 weeks.

This technique works best with sativa dominant phenotypes that stretch in the first three weeks of flowering. This gives you size without a long veg time.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If you really have the old WW (before that was interpreted as White Widow c.93ish) then don't stop believing!!

*cues Journey*

:headbange