What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mosca's Cinderella 99 "F1"

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Blend 2 cloves (bunches or heads, not 2 teeth) of garlic and a lot of hot chillies in about half about gallon. Then spray that over your girls. I hear it takes care of caterpillars.

Crazy Chester

Blend 2 cloves (bunches or heads, not 2 teeth) of garlic and a lot of hot chillies in about half about gallon. Then spray that over your girls. I hear it takes care of caterpillars.

Damn, Gantz - I don't think anything could survive that - including the plants ;)

But I'll look into your tip - if it doesn't actually hurt the plants, I'd definitely use garlic and peppers - I'd imagine the caterpillars (and any other pest I can think of) would hate it!

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
This is my tiny auto garden

It's nothing impressive, I know... wait a minute.....:yoinks:

CATTERPILLAR!!! :cuss:

It died shortly after.

If another appears I'm making that garlic chilli mix and spray them

Crazy Chester

Yup, Gantz, just one ain't bad.

Mine haven't been right since their transplant. PH difficulties at first. I think I've corrected that, but they were damaged pretty bad. I'm just trying to do the best I can considering the circumstances. I might be able to save it fairly well.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Hello everybody. Just posting my 2017 outdoor grow of Mosca's Cinderella 99 "F1".

I grew out a pack of his "F1" C99 a few years ago. I got seven females, two males and one true hermaphrodite. I was hoping to get something similar to my Original Brothers Grimm grapefruit pheno clone. Alas, that did not happen. The best female in the bunch was one that smelled strongly of Mango, had at least as much resin as my original clone and had a fairly balanced sativa/indica high. It was a very good plant, but I let her go because I was looking for that "racy" sativa high my clone had. In any event, I took some pollen from the males and seeded a branch on the females.

I then grew out several of those seeds and only got the mediocre plants from the first grow - didn't even get that nice mango pheno. So, I took some pollen from two males and seeded branches on the females. Now, I'm growing out ten of those. At the risk of confusion due to the name Mosca gave the strain, I'll just call these F3s.

I believe Mosca used original Brothers Grimm plants to make his C99 strains. However, I believe I've discounted too much the importance of the male that Mr. Soul used to create his original C99. Given that it seems difficult to get the original phenos in the new Brothers Grimm C99, that male was more important than I had thought. In any event, I believe the genes for those great phenos are in there somewhere. Eventually, I will find them.

The plants are currently in one gallon fabric pots until I can sex them. The next node will probably be an alternating one and I should begin to see pre-flowers soon. They are in a 50%/50% coco/soil mix. PH around 6.2. They are about a month old and have had most of their growth in the last two weeks. Before that, they were really slow growing (I believe due to the cold outdoor temps here in the SF Bay Area).

This is also an experiment to see how many females I get (I'm not making seeds this time). I used the "dimple" method to see if there's anything to it. I picked out the seeds that had the most prominent dimples to use for this grow.

Follow along to see if the "dimple" method actually works and to see if I find a coveted female similar to the ones that used to be common in the early years of this century.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73706&pictureid=1757107&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73706&pictureid=1757108&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Bx/f1? Because I highly doubt mosca got the parent plants that made bros grimms original c99 just curious bud

Crazy Chester

Hi Emperortaima, welcome to the thread.

I didn't say Mosca used the parent plants that Brothers Grimm used to create their C99 to make either his "BX" or his "F1." While the mother of the Brothers Grimm C99, Princess, still exists, I don't think the actual males (several) used in the Brothers Grimm "cubing" process to breed with her existed when Mosca made his seeds.

However, I do believe he used plants grown from Original Brothers Grimm C99 seeds to do it. Whether that's all he used, I have no idea. If it was all he used (males and females from original Brothers Grimm C99 seeds), then he technically made F2s, like Joey Weed.

Also, even if all the plants he used to produce his seeds were descendant of the original Brothers Grimm C99 seeds, he may have used plants that were more generations removed from them (F3, F4, etc.).

The problem is, I don't know what "Cinderella 99 F1 is the result of recombining two distinctly different Cinderella 99 inbred lines" means. Lol.

Last edited:

Crazy Chester

Wow. Yours look way more into flower then mine.
I can't wait to see how it comes out.

You are in norcal also?

Nope - I'm in the SF Bay Area. Yeah, we're flowering here half-way through the summer. Of course, the lower latitude also makes it impossible for us to veg out huge trees like you guys in the Emerald Triangle.

Crazy Chester

Thats looking good brother how's the smells?

Thanks, Emperortaima for the compliment, but I've shown you guys the best of these plants. Other parts of them look pretty rough! But, photos of that are better off left for the infirmary forum, I think. Lol.

The smells are pretty weak right now at only three weeks, but the one with the sun shining through it is starting to smell faintly of pineapple and on another one I can detect just a touch of grapefruit. I think a week from now there will be enough resin on some bud leaves to rub on to get a decent preview.

Crazy Chester

might wanna sock some nitrogen and some cal mag

Thanks for the suggestion, Noonin NorCal. It's getting both. There's something else going on, either broad mites or the PH isn't right (which is tricky because I used a combo of soil and coco).

She's just going to have to limp to the finish line. Lol.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Thanks, Emperortaima for the compliment, but I've shown you guys the best of these plants. Other parts of them look pretty rough! But, photos of that are better off left for the infirmary forum, I think. Lol.

The smells are pretty weak right now at only three weeks, but the one with the sun shining through it is starting to smell faintly of pineapple and on another one I can detect just a touch of grapefruit. I think a week from now there will be enough resin on some bud leaves to rub on to get a decent preview.

That's my personal favorite part of c99 is that pineapple dankness she harvests early for a sativa too I'll be watching this till ya do a smoke report bless up

Crazy Chester

That's my personal favorite part of c99 is that pineapple dankness she harvests early for a sativa too I'll be watching this till ya do a smoke report bless up

Thanks for the blessings. Yes, indeed, two plants smell a bit like pineapple, two a bit like grapefruit, two a bit like licorice and two I can't figure out yet. At four weeks, and given the rough ride they've had so far, I imagine the terpenes will change as they go into their second half of flowering.

For you, though, I wish for a bona fide pineapple pheno with strong terpenes. I'm happy with either that or grapefruit.