What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
@ Junk. That Rainbow needs 70-80 days lol !! She is fine at 9wks I just took her longer for the CBN. Weight is done at 8wks the rest is buzz preference.

@DTOG yeah man the Barn burner ought to be crazy too!

For those of you not familiar here are the Chem boys:-

"The Gift" See his extreme "minora" shape. Untopped. So damn branchy. He may produce some huge bushes. Will be fun to find out what traits of his are dom. He has massive flowers. Stem rubs reeks of cloves.
This was @ 4wks. He filled out crazy fat later on.
picture.php

I almost lost "The Gift" clone. It got a little fungal action and the stem went brown. Cut off the brown. Dipped in 10% bleach, dipped in hormone. And foliar fed him all day long!! I was stressing big time.
He is super healthy and going "Minora" already!
picture.php

"The Stud" is totally opposite. Single stem he grows straight up. Heavy and resinous too! So cool to have two great males with such different traits.
picture.php

I cannot say enough good things about Copper Chem. Really worth looking through. I have two females in flower.

One is straight up "Chemical Mint" It is fierce like menthol but it's mint. Even on your fingers a sniff feels like it opens your sinuses up!
Stings your eyes in a good way lol.
I asked GU if he heard of Mint terps. Waiting for a response.

I run Thin Mint here. After a 30 day cure it turns super minty. But this chem is way way louder. So cool I just can't tell you.

I just flipped two more females. This one is #13. Reeks of cloves like her brother. I will use her for the F2 I think. I just can't get enough of her serrations.

picture.php

Goats

Discouraged? Fuck no lol ! I love pheno hunting no matter the effort.

I like the way that Goji smells it's just mild. Could be potent as all hell for all I know.

This is the keeper Goji OG #10

View Image

And I grabbed Maverick from GreenPoint. It's Stardawg X Goji OG.

You want to hear something cool?

I forgot I hit Goji #4(yielder) with "The Gift" copper chem male!!

So I got Copper Chem x Goji OG and Stardawg x Goji OG.

Going to let the fresh seeds cure and then run the two lines side by side!! Cannot wait!

View Image

definitely curious to watch that side by side. gu said the reason the copper chem is so expensive is because you can find a male like his in the packs so i am curious to see how your experience goes.

i have a pack of maverick as well. also grabbed a pack of the purple mountain majesty, which is another cut of goji. never grown goji itself personally though, but have heard nothing but good things.

mushroombrew

Veteran
definitely curious to watch that side by side. gu said the reason the copper chem is so expensive is because you can find a male like his in the packs so i am curious to see how your experience goes.

i have a pack of maverick as well. also grabbed a pack of the purple mountain majesty, which is another cut of goji. never grown goji itself personally though, but have heard nothing but good things.

I sent Gu pics of the Stud. He was blown away. So it's my Maverick against his Maverick for "Top Gun" lol.

And I didn't even do it intentionally!

I have Purple Badlands cut too that I am testing. Keep me updated if you find anything cool!

mushroombrew

Veteran
But Honestly the best thing I can do to Check those males is F2 and see if the line improves. The #13 will get hit with both her brothers for an incest DP session in about a month.

Mayhem should ensue shortly thereafter.

Junk

@ Junk. That Rainbow needs 70-80 days lol !! She is fine at 9wks I just took her longer for the CBN. Weight is done at 8wks the rest is buzz preference.

@DTOG yeah man the Barn burner ought to be crazy too!

For those of you not familiar here are the Chem boys:-

"The Gift" See his extreme "minora" shape. Untopped. So damn branchy. He may produce some huge bushes. Will be fun to find out what traits of his are dom. He has massive flowers. Stem rubs reeks of cloves.
This was @ 4wks. He filled out crazy fat later on.
View Image

I almost lost "The Gift" clone. It got a little fungal action and the stem went brown. Cut off the brown. Dipped in 10% bleach, dipped in hormone. And foliar fed him all day long!! I was stressing big time.
He is super healthy and going "Minora" already!
View Image

"The Stud" is totally opposite. Single stem he grows straight up. Heavy and resinous too! So cool to have two great males with such different traits.
View Image

I cannot say enough good things about Copper Chem. Really worth looking through. I have two females in flower.

One is straight up "Chemical Mint" It is fierce like menthol but it's mint. Even on your fingers a sniff feels like it opens your sinuses up!
Stings your eyes in a good way lol.
I asked GU if he heard of Mint terps. Waiting for a response.

I run Thin Mint here. After a 30 day cure it turns super minty. But this chem is way way louder. So cool I just can't tell you.

I just flipped two more females. This one is #13. Reeks of cloves like her brother. I will use her for the F2 I think. I just can't get enough of her serrations.

View Image

I don't have a ton of experience like some of you, but I've never personally seen a plant grow that flat a top (menorah) without topping/training etc.

mushroombrew

Veteran
It is odd for a Chem. Especially a male. And his pollen is pure white. Crazy.

I sent GU an email about the Mavericks. I am being cool. Told him I will hook him up if anything magic happens. But he is probably pissed I am breeding his males.

I do not care. I don't sell seeds or clones. Just keeping them man informed what his genetics are doing...

My maverick was made with heavy yielding genetics. So we will see.

mushroombrew

Veteran
cant wait to flower out a male, yours look friggin nuts

I wanna try the peyote purple from ace next, those looks killer, are cheap, and will deff produce a winner in a pack or two if fem. even reg I feel

"The Stud" is the heaviest male I have ever seen. And resin too?! Been popping seeds since 1990. And I flower all males and females.

So when I say he is amazing I mean it!

So funny my apprentice was like "meh" as it was the first male he saw.

And then he saw other males and pics.

Now he is like "Holy Shit he's fucking nuts!"

Rondon

cant wait to flower out a male, yours look friggin nuts

I wanna try the peyote purple from ace next, those looks killer, are cheap, and will deff produce a winner in a pack or two if fem. even reg I feel

Awhile back I ran Double Purple Doja x with Ace '89 Jamaican. Damn good indoors but outdoors...WOW!!! A few seasons. Just a great plant. One of the few real purple varieties Ive ran back in those days that actually got you high and stayed high. Had legs. And the taste was just "purple". If that makes sense. Hashy and purple. Another one I should have kept. Ace Seeds is one of the only breeding companys that I might fuk with for something truly different. And Ace isnt really anything new....just old forgotten land of origin types that are rare these days compared to the usual stuff. True cultivars for me. I dont really mess with seeda anymore but if and when i rarely do...Ace Seeds is up there.

saitama

Hey Mush. I noticed GML was doing a similar top stop technique that you are doing. Did he learn this from you? :biggrin::biggrin:

mushroombrew

Veteran
DTOG said he does it too! I think I named it but dont know if I am first? Used it to get thick Afghanis to bush out in the mid 90's. Then forgot all about it until I needed OG's to bush. Guys do it in flower to stop stretch. I use it for structure in veg.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Project X x Ghost OG

Project X x Ghost OG

I am more and more impressed with this line each day.

Somewhat of a mystery. All stem rubs are extremely chemmy. One is chem strawberry.

Really unusual. And hard to stop smelling it.

I keep finding plants with the most amazing terp profiles. So I have Chemical mint(copper chem) and chemical strawberry in the building.

These plants look so Chem D like to me. Fast for a Ghost OG hybrid.The males are rank smelling lol!

Project X is Alphakronic seeds.

Cannot find out much. Any of you guys know lineage?

I love this deep double serration. Seedlings give me joy.

picture.php

Rondon

Top em often. Tie the ones that shoot past the others down even. And use a high cytokinin kelp foliar spray weekly (add humic/fulvic acid and yucca for your spreader). Thats how I get lanky og's to stay short and bushy. Also throw a little silica in with the nutrient solution. Makes less bendy rubnery stems and keeps em short and stocky as well.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Depends on what you want from the plant. If you do it early like a 6" plant you get 6 leads shooting out like a ball shape.

I wait until OG get 16-18". Then the lowers get long but the plant stays tall and upright. This is my preference.

Latest posts

Latest posts