What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with late grow...need all the advice I can fer

thedudefresco

Guys I'm in need of advice!!!

I ordered seeds mid April but they never came...plan was to germinate by June 1st but Ive reordered and my seeds probably won't be here for a week or more. I'm going to assume July 1st. :(

So...Wtf can I do to get the biggest yields possible? I have cooked supersoil in five 100 gallon holes already ready....mostly have feminized indica seeds coming with some autos as well I wasn't planning on really using. I'm in Southern California. No frost here until late November if ever. I'm really worried that I won't be able to veg long enough. Can I use supplemental lighting like a solar light for an hour after dark to prolong veg? The spots sunny all day. Really worried and bummed my hard work digging and amending won't pay off. What can I do? Superthrive? I was banking on some good yield and it looks like the fact that the seeds haven't come is gonna fuck me.

Thanks guys looking forward to some good advice.

thedudefresco

Buy some big clones

I might, but unfortunately the clubs here don't have any of the strains I wanted to grow. Il likely get 2 and maybe try the other 3 holes from seed. The clones they have aren't large though. Lemon haze and rascal og are what I seem to have access to. Let's say I plant these Friday. Is it ridiculous to think I could pull a pound from the two clones?

ManyManySpliffs

thedudefresco I wouldn't worry about getting a pound off them 2 clones outdoors, it's certainly doable. I've started later than this and got pounds for my effort. Checkout my last grow in 2014 in my sig. I wasn't going to grow that year and a friend got my hyped wanting to learn how to grow. I didn't expect much starting mid-late July from seed and as you'll see I ended up with some nice nice thick bushes. I will admit, it took topping and LST to get those bushes. If you're not familiar with those methods I would suggest doing a search on here and doing some reading on supercropping/FIM and LST. Using those methods you'll end up with some nice bushes, which'll pack on the weight you desire. So stop freaking out and calm down, all is not lost and you have loads of time left outdoors. Just keep studying and get it right when you do get those seeds or clones. If you're not sure on something like feeding or pruning, just remember less is more. Don't make the classic newbie mistake of doing too much and you gotta have loads of patience. When you think she ready, give her an extra week or two. That's what I mean by patience. You can't rush primo bud and you'll be rewarded well for your patience. Good luck and happy growing..

You run into any further problems and YOU'RE going to run into problems along the way, remember you always got us here to help.

Lethal

Hi, I got to say +1 for ManaManySpliffs's post. Everything correct. Stop freaking out you have plenty of time in your area still. I am living in way different part of the world and I would still be able to finish at least some autos still.
So as mentioned gather some information and then ask around there is ton of guys willing to help including myself ;)

Have a good one!
Lethal:tiphat:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
These people here have given you great information.

Definitely not too late for clones and as long as ya get them popped at first of July probably still won't be too late to get a decent yield from seeds either.

Man if I lived in California instead of Kentucky, I would definitely have me a good clone hookup for sure!

Last edited:

thedudefresco

Wow thanks for all of the help so far.

I'll start with the clones, since I'm still waiting on seeds. Planning to pick those up tomorrow after work.

I'll ask the dispensary what lighting they have them under. But how should I go about putting them outside? I will harden them in the shade like any plant, but what about preventing flower? Should I use a floodlight on them for several hours after dusk for a few days or bring them inside under a desk lamp or something for a few days before putting them in the soil?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
To hit a mere 1-2 lbs per pot outdoor veg time is irrelevant unless you are incompetent. I've hit those number planting mid July with 6" clones giving them nothing more than a good soil mix and water. Genetics, environment and the care the plant gets is far more important. If you don't believe pot size has any impact try a little size by side experiment and see what happens. Anyone who claims pot size does not matter very obviously does not know what the fuck they are talking about or how to properly grow cannabis. Even in veg the difference is like night and day - a plant in a 5 gallon will veg much, much faster and get far larger than the same plant in a 1 gallon. Cannabis does not like to have it's roots restricted. If you want big, fast growing healthy plants give them space and then watch them explode.

All hail the almighty sun!

plantingplants

Dont buy small clones from the dispo- get on bt or craigslist and get some proper plants to plug. Get what you can but if i were you i would want someone's seed start extras. Dont buy them too big. Get fresh ones that are in the right amount of soil for their size. Othrwise get the small clones and put more than one per hole.

And yea personally if I got in that late and i was in socal, depending on the plant size i would supp light to extend veg for an extra 2-3 weeks, weather permitting. Depends what strains you get too.

thedudefresco

Thx ibchilin and Plantinpots. I've already picked up 2 pretty small clones from a dispensary and they've been planted in rockwool cube placed in a dixie cup lol. The chick at the front didn't know much but said the light was on all the time, so i'm assuming they're on 24 hour veg cycle. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to proceed. I can see roots sticking out of the rockwool a bit, and so far, i've packed some weak soil around the dixie cup and wet it a bit.

Should I put a small amount of superthrive in there? They're looking a tad droopy. Will they get all fucked up if they don't have light all the time?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The plants are probably drooping because they aren't used to the temps and more intense light. Indirect lighting from the sun is still pretty strong, look at all the growth at shaded forest ground levels...Daylight is at 14 hours in so cal so its hard to say how they will react, Some strains will flower at 14 hour days from what ive read.

To keep them in veg you would just need like 2 23 watt 6500k cfl lights to run at sundown for like an hour or so.

Nutrients the plant has available can delay or speed up the onset of flowering as well. Something like alaska fish fertilizer 5-1-1 would work good because its mostly nitrogen for veg growth.

I planted a clone in a 65 gal smart pot on June 25 and pulled 2 lbs. Alien OG she was. I highly reccomend btw if you can track her down. In your situation clones would be your best bet.

I have friends that plant fresh clones on solstice from 24/0 that has never had a problem pre flowering btw. Some indices may not like it though.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I planted a clone in a 65 gal smart pot on June 25 and pulled 2 lbs. Alien OG she was. I highly reccomend btw if you can track her down. In your situation clones would be your best bet.

I need to get my hands on some alien genetics, sucks they made so few of the fruity pebbles OG seeds. I was lucky enough to smoke on it almost daily a few years back when i would get weed from my friend's dad's med dispensary in Seattle. Never knowing they only released 10 packs of seeds with 10 seeds each for $1000-$1500 per pack. I would have killed for just one hermie seed lol.

thedudefresco

Okay so like I said the two clones are in the ground now; let's say my seeds do come and I want to try em out...would it be wise to plant 2 seeds in each hole since the season is shorter this late in the game?

thedudefresco

Seeds just arrived. They're soaking in water atm. I'm struggling with whether or not to directly plant them in the holes, to start 2 seeds per hole, or whether or not to start them in cups before transplanting. Il post pics if you guys help me to figure out a strategy for best yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts