What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Cheese 100 Gallon Organic Outdoor Grow

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I found out what was going on with that branch on the front. It got pinched where it met the stalk and was slowly dying off so i just removed it.

I dont mind watering it as it needs, the plant is all i have going on for the time being.

PDX Dopesmoker

I found out what was going on with that branch on the front. It got pinched where it met the stalk and was slowly dying off so i just removed it.

I dont mind watering it as it needs, the plant is all i have going on for the time being.

Thats plenty of plant for one dude, looks like more than most people could smoke in year. Hope you have enough mason jars.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Thats plenty of plant for one dude, looks like more than most people could smoke in year. Hope you have enough mason jars.

Do you think this is enough mason jars? Lol
picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

Do you think this is enough mason jars? Lol
View Image

Could be a tight squeeze if we have a good harvest season.
Growing in smaller pots than what you have I get the idea that about 0.5-1 ounce per gallon of soil is what to expect. We weighed just over 3 lbs of trimmed dry bud out of a 45 gallon last summer.
You have 100 gallons of soil and 80 mason jars. Each one of those 32 fl. oz. Mason jars will hold about 2 ounces of dried flower, so my guess you'll have about 25-50 jars of delicious blue cheese bud to smoke.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Looks amazing! How do you feed the tomato fertilizer? Do you place on top or mix into the soil?

Thanks man, I just top dress with the tomato fertilizer and kinda work it into the top layer of soil with my hands. The directions ive been following say to use 1/4 cup dry fertilizer for every 5 gallons of soil every other week.

So for my 100 gallon pot would be 5 cups fertilizer every other week. Im scared of over feeding though and cut it down to 2 cups every sunday = 40% strength per feeding.

Then i mix my liquid nutes up and water.

Could be a tight squeeze if we have a good harvest season.
Growing in smaller pots than what you have I get the idea that about 0.5-1 ounce per gallon of soil is what to expect. We weighed just over 3 lbs of trimmed dry bud out of a 45 gallon last summer.
You have 100 gallons of soil and 80 mason jars. Each one of those 32 fl. oz. Mason jars will hold about 2 ounces of dried flower, so my guess you'll have about 25-50 jars of delicious blue cheese bud to smoke.

Considering this was my first outdoor attempt ive been estimating pretty low. The plant continues to amaze me as time goes on though and has far exceeded my expectations.

3lbs on the low side sounds damn good to me!:dance013:

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

Thanks man, I just top dress with the tomato fertilizer and kinda work it into the top layer of soil with my hands. The directions ive been following say to use 1/4 cup dry fertilizer for every 5 gallons of soil every other week.

So for my 100 gallon pot would be 5 cups fertilizer every other week. Im scared of over feeding though and cut it down to 2 cups every sunday = 40% strength per feeding.

Then i mix my liquid nutes up and water.

Considering this was my first outdoor attempt ive been estimating pretty low. The plant continues to amaze me as time goes on though and has far exceeded my expectations.

3lbs on the low side sounds damn good to me!:dance013:

A lot of people consider it bad form to count your chickens before they hatch, I guess they think it make you seem greedy or something. Fuck that, being prepared for a realistic outcome is the way to go. You have a very nice jar collection, hopefully the elements cooperate and you fill them all.

Davesnothere420

May, 31, 2017
Day 24 outdoors.
Day 70 from germination.
Plant is 3 feet tall.
View Image

Fed 10 gallons water
6 tablespoons kelp
6 teaspoons blue moon mega roots

June, 5, 2017
Day 29 outdoors.
Day 75 from germination.
Plant 3 feet tall, 3 feet wide, 3 feet deep.
View Image

Fed
3 cups jobes heirloom tomato
10 gallons water with:
10 tablespoon alaska fish 5-1-1
10 teaspoon blue moon mega roots

So far the plant has been growing naturally and i have not started any pruning fearful i would stunt its vigorous pace of growth. Now that its began growing sideways more than vertical i figured its a good time to start. Someone with experience pruning large outdoor trees care do advise?

Looking good.

41dad

It's huge. Amazing job. You start to move into flower mode? What plans for nutes to use during flowering? Can't wait to see some buds growing so please post some killer pictures.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
September, 11, 2017

The plant is into flowering im thinking around the end of week 2 from the looks of the early buds forming.

Pretty sure im nitrogen deficient as the plant has been eating away at the older fan leaves. Started from the bottom about when flower started and now towards the top.

Ill feed some more alaska fish 5-1-1 today.

picture.php

My cat Gizmo guards my weed plants
picture.php

Early bud forming
picture.php

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looks like she could use some bamboo stakes or a cage or a trellis wrap. good job so far... i love the blue cheese

St. Phatty

September, 11, 2017

The plant is into flowering im thinking around the end of week 2 from the looks of the early buds forming.

Looks great !

You must have decent Southern exposure so you get more hours of sun.

My plants started flowering about August 7, at about the same latitude.

Latest posts

Latest posts