What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why reclassification of cannabis may not be the best for the people.

GanjaGrin

It would be all bad if the pharmaceutical industry takes over. Considering over 300 billion is spent on medicine's each year. I'm sure the big pharma companies will have their lobbyist pushing for laws that would benefit them in some way.
Also I wonder if cannabis is rescheduled, will seed companies and or breeders be able to then patent their strains now? If so that would be a mess of a problem to sort out, but it might make some people a good amount of revenue!

paper thorn

Veteran
schedule 2 will fuck us over completety

if you think it will still be 'legal' haha.

pot docs will vanish overnight.

you will have to convince your regulat doctor to prescribe you pot.

super strict rules for sch2 drugs. try dealing valiums and go to jail. try dealing or possessing pot pills without a prescription and go to jail.

don't matter, your doc will never prescribe you pot anyway, so you won't get any from the pharm

go ahead grow, possess, smoke, and be just as illegal, no more illegal than you are now

paper thorn

Veteran
remember, hillary wants schedule 2 so she can act like she's pro pot, but knows it will fuck us over, but her buddies in big pharma will make bank.

Trump wants to leave it to the states.

Last edited:

sadpanda

from US Dept of Justice's Controlled Substances List - http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/schedules/orangebook/c_cs_alpha.pdf

Methamphetamine (ice, speed, crystal meth) = Schedule 2
Ketamine (powerful horse tranquilizer/sedative) = Schedule 3
Ethylmorphine - Schedule 2
Ethylmorphine 100 mg/(100 ml or 100 gm) - Schedule 5
Ethylmorphine combination product 15 mg/du - Schedule 3
Xanax (Alprazolam, a benzodiazapine, "benzos" are massively addictive, overprescribed, and abused) = Schedule 4
Lysergic acid (LSD precursor) = Schedule 3
Cannabis = Schedule 1

Big pharma + Private prisons + Big alcohol ... people and scientists combined apparently do not talk as loud as money.

igrowone

Veteran
I'm still waiting for anyone to answer this question:

how will schedule 2 benefit pot smokers/growers?

depends where you live, your medical conditions(if any)
and until there are more specific details about implementation, it's going to be hard to say whether it's bad or good

oldchuck

Veteran
It will never fly in the long run. Cannabis is a plant, an herb, not a "drug." The force of the push for "recreational" plus the push for "medical" plus the force of all those outlaw growers out there will keep big pharma and big government in their place. The herb will prevail. I hope.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Is it too much to ask of these extremely high paid officials to get it right the first time?
Huge pensions for just serving 1 term, are they not paid to be the voice of the people?
We as responsible citizens should not have to settle for what they toss us!
Shag

oldchuck

Veteran
Yeah, Shag, it's too much to ask. The political process seldom gets it right the first time or the tenth for that matter. You are, maybe, expecting perfection?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Yeah, Shag, it's too much to ask. The political process seldom gets it right the first time or the tenth for that matter. You are, maybe, expecting perfection?

Naw!, not perfection just do what they are paid to do, listen to the voice of the people that is all!
Do most people want big pharm to completely take over the med side of things, I think not but that is just what will happen if we do not watch the bastards...FO shore!
Peace and other hippy stuff to ya man!
:smoke out:
Shag

paper thorn

Veteran
depends where you live, your medical conditions(if any)
and until there are more specific details about implementation, it's going to be hard to say whether it's bad or good

living anywhere in the US, sched2 will be the same

med condition? well i guess if you have a condition that a MD will prescribe a pot pill for.

good luck with that.

paper thorn

Veteran
remember, hillary wants schedule 2 so she can act like she's pro pot, but knows it will fuck us over, but her buddies in big pharma will make bank.

Trump wants to leave it to the states.

funny, i just got neg repped for this post.

hmmm?! a hardcore hillary supporter i guess?

sorry guys, just because she's a dem, does not mean she's on our side.

she wants sched 2, and when you can show me a sched2 drug that a Naturapathic doctor can 'recommend' for you since sched 2 drugs have to be prescribed.
or when you can show me a sched 2 drug that you can get from a 'dispensary' or in it's raw form...
only at a pharmacy and the pharmacy will never sell buds.

Gry

Oldchuck is on the money. "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'll take all the hippie stuff I can get. We were right" [/FONT]

igrowone

Veteran
living anywhere in the US, sched2 will be the same

med condition? well i guess if you have a condition that a MD will prescribe a pot pill for.

good luck with that.

let's see, it will be the same in NY as California?
so either nearly all California patients will be removed access to cannabis
or NY gets an upgrade and gets a huge increase in access
i don't believe either extreme will happen, all state control is not disappearing

shaggyballs

Veteran
If cannabis is reduced to sched 2 all medical cannabis will need to approved by the FDA before being prescribed.
You will not be allowed to smoke, no doctor will prescribe smoke with the FDA and the AMA to answer to.
Say goodbye to everything not in pill form or things such as sativex spay ect.

Are you sure sched 2 is what America needs?
I am sure it is not.

seeded

Wouldn't schedule 3 or 4 be more appropriate than schedule 2 for cannabis?

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin

Schedule III

Schedule III drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a moderate to low potential for physical and psychological dependence. Schedule III drugs abuse potential is less than Schedule I and Schedule II drugs but more than Schedule IV. Some examples of Schedule III drugs are:

Products containing less than 90 milligrams of codeine per dosage unit (Tylenol with codeine), ketamine, anabolic steroids, testosterone

Schedule IV

Schedule IV drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a low potential for abuse and low risk of dependence. Some examples of Schedule IV drugs are:

Xanax, Soma, Darvon, Darvocet, Valium, Ativan, Talwin, Ambien, Tramadol

I can't imagine you could get it schedule 5 or taken off the list completely but 3 or 4 seems far more appropriate than 2 to me.