What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

RobFromTX

Someone mentioned getting an indica pheno earlier in this thread.Which im assuming is from regular seeds. But how often does it pop up compared to the other phenos? Grew out some feminized but I want to explore this strain

Ravel

Someone mentioned getting an indica pheno earlier in this thread.Which im assuming is from regular seeds. But how often does it pop up compared to the other phenos? Grew out some feminized but I want to explore this strain

I posted a picture of my indica pheno. It actually came from a pack of feminized seeds. I grew out four, one was the indica pheno, two were the classic Tikal expression, and the fourth was a really wild looking structure.

The indica had the most beautiful buds and definitely the most amazing smell.

RobFromTX

I posted a picture of my indica pheno. It actually came from a pack of feminized seeds. I grew out four, one was the indica pheno, two were the classic Tikal expression, and the fourth was a really wild looking structure.

The indica had the most beautiful buds and definitely the most amazing smell.
I grew out the wild looking structure pheno myself. It looked like a giant vine you see climbing the sides of old houses. Killer bud though. I would imagine that was the guatamala sativa pheno?

splinter7

Pics here look great. quite motivational.

I just started up my first Tikal and plan to FIM and LST to try to keep it flat to the canopy.
running 4 2-gallon hempys in a 1.7'x3'. The other 3 plants will be different sativa dom strains.
trying to keep the plant height under 2.5 feet from the top of the medium.

Will i be able to pull the tikal off in a 5ft tall tent?
Any tips to keep it manageable?
How is yield? I do 400 to 500 g/m2. it's seems lower for more sativa dom plants.

I was able to do a whole tent of liberty haze, but it didn't stretch. i had some more indica plants triple in size and it was almost a problem, but well within the height constraints. the indicas seems to take up more space too with teh plants overlapping (i know it's crowded)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to our room on ICMag Stephensplinter :) and thanks for supporting our work.
Are you about to grow Tikal regular or feminized version ?

Tikal is a vigorous sativa dom hybrid, but highly adaptable to indoor growing.
Depending on pheno and whether you are flowering from seed or clones you can expect more or less stretching-final size. As a reference, Tikal usually increases 50-100 % her size in the transition to flowering, but rarely tripling height.

splinter7

Welcome to our room on ICMag Stephensplinter :) and thanks for supporting our work.

Depending on pheno and whether you are flowering from seed or clones you can expect more or less stretching-final size. As a reference, Tikal usually increases 50-100 % her size in the transition to flowering, but rarely tripling height.

Thank you. I hadn't been on this site in ages, and I was delighted to find an entire thread on this rare strain that interacts with the breeder. Wow. The fem versions are all I run these days due to space. Tikal has one slot in my small room. It sounds like you are hopeful that it will work out in the limited space.

Topping is ok?
Does it take long to mature sexually?
And, will it stretch much more if I don't wait for the pre flowers to show? I usually flip the lights around 7 weeks after germination and LST to maintain a canopy.

Mostly, I got this for the old man who is jumping back on the wagon after a 40 year hiatus. He wants something closer to 70s bud, but i am not confident i can do a pure sativa. I decided to do this when he asked for the trim from my grows as they smoke leaves not buds to avoid the seeds. Also, I am trying to avoid skunk smells as that didn't exist for them in their era.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ravel i said yours looked like a NL/Haze pheno (not a Haze pheno) more than Guatemala, hence the chunky flowers. Are you enjoying your Tikal ?

Stephensplinter Tikal reacts great to topping, quickly producing strong branching. By the 7th week of life they are alredy reaching their sexual maturity. You can flower from seed although i always like to recommend to give plants a bit of growth indoors before switch to flower, if you don't have much space 3-4 weeks of growth from seed would be enough. Kindly take a look to other growers' grow reports in this thread, there's lots of useful info.

Ravel

Ravel i said yours looked like a NL/Haze pheno (not a Haze pheno) more than Guatemala, hence the chunky flowers. Are you enjoying your Tikal ?

Stephensplinter Tikal reacts great to topping, quickly producing strong branching. By the 7th week of life they are alredy reaching their sexual maturity. You can flower from seed although i always like to recommend to give plants a bit of growth indoors before switch to flower, if you don't have much space 3-4 weeks of growth from seed would be enough. Kindly take a look to other growers' grow reports in this thread, there's lots of useful info.
I don't actually smoke anymore, but everyone I gave it to seemed to really love it!

RobFromTX

I grew 3 fems. Two stayed short and one skyrocketed. Almost 8 feet that looked like a giant vine. Great smoke on all of them!

Ravel

Thank you. I hadn't been on this site in ages, and I was delighted to find an entire thread on this rare strain that interacts with the breeder. Wow. The fem versions are all I run these days due to space. Tikal has one slot in my small room. It sounds like you are hopeful that it will work out in the limited space.

Topping is ok?
Does it take long to mature sexually?
And, will it stretch much more if I don't wait for the pre flowers to show? I usually flip the lights around 7 weeks after germination and LST to maintain a canopy.

Mostly, I got this for the old man who is jumping back on the wagon after a 40 year hiatus. He wants something closer to 70s bud, but i am not confident i can do a pure sativa. I decided to do this when he asked for the trim from my grows as they smoke leaves not buds to avoid the seeds. Also, I am trying to avoid skunk smells as that didn't exist for them in their era.

I topped two of my Tikals and LST'd the other two. The LST plants were at least a week younger than the toppeds yet produced far more branching and bud. All I can say is that my Tikals loved LST.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friends, it's sad to me to announce that after 20 years being continuously in stock, Tikal regular and feminized versions are completely sold out here at the source and they won't make a come back in short term. You may still find latest packs available through our official retailers still offering physical stock.

revegeta666

Seriously? :rolleyes: good thing I made some seeds then.

edit - does that mean there will be a change in parentals for the next release? If you want to share that info ofc

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@revegeta666 Yep, seriously. We are not going to change genetics of Tikal, simply it's not going to be back in short term. It's very difficult to keep advancing so many different lines and work on new things, and at the same time keep everything in stock. Hope you understand.

splinter7

If you folks don't mind me asking question:
Does Tikal have an issue with newer lighting, or does it have some sensitivity to light?

Last edited: