What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exploration of the Big O...Bodhi's Ae77 Cali O X's

billycw

Veteran
heady blunts- Thanks, haven't pulled through water since bubbleman days. My back got too bad to sit over that 5 gallon, waiting for that damn water to sieve all the way through with a good batch lol Need to try one of these new hands free washing machine things one of these days. That hash sample was pulled from a vac with about a 1/2 hour to go, wanted to capture the bubbles seeping out to show someone. Thought it was kind of neat and was too tired and lazy to take a set of finished photo's:biggrin:

The A11g girls are great clear day smoke like the Genius clone. You will find both Pineapple(found 3) and Tangerine (found 2) pheno's all finishing super fast. I'm real interested to see what that same male does to some longer flowering girls like the Cuban Haze someones running right now.

Gram Paw smurf- Crazy a dog shit pheno would pop up, did you have more then one like this? I bet she will smoke like a good old Skunk#1, if so thats a score. I think that some real amazing early genetics lie inside the Ae77 Cali O. Seeing some catpiss type pheno's pop out of Satsuma's, structure really reminds me of mexican sativa's in bud structure.
Here is the oddball mexican sativa pheno, sweet catpissy perfume at 75 days. Satsuma #5
picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
whodatis has some lemon diesel x a11g testers going i can't wait to see if they finish up super quick too.

cuban haze x a11g sounds very interesting...

Minitiger

Really nice thread. Just finished it, super-interested in the Satsuma particularly, but I have so many seeds to get through already that I reeeeealllly shouldn't get any more. Probably I will, though haha. Think I have about a dozen different Bodhi strains already, in addition to everything else I gotta get through. Really trying not to get any more until I've gotten through at least half of them haha.

Just as an aside, have you ever checked out Tangerine Dream? As anti-Dutch genetics as I am, I fucking love that strain when grown properly. Hard-core tangerine smell that translates to the flavor when done right. Suuuuuuper-old school high, as well: red eyes at half mast, shit-eating grin, laid back as a mofo. First time I got it was like three or four years ago, smoked a j, ate a huge meal at some Chinese joint in my neighborhood and was still BLAZED for an hour or two afterwards. Only problem is I think whatever seedbank they're available from only has feminized seeds. But if you don't have a problem with that (I do), you may wanna look into it.

Anyway, yeah, great thread.

billycw

Veteran
Satsuma smoke test

Sorry for the delay on posting up a smoke test for the Satsuma's, just finished up a clone run of them so without further delay...

Satsuma #1

Appearance- Light lime green nugs with decent density covered with a ample layer of trich's

Smell- Soak a old dirty shoe in mandarin juice for a week, then right before you smell it you pour enough fresh mandarin juice to fill her up.

Taste- inhale has a sweet mandarin type sweetness with a hint of funk from the shoe, but upon exhale is where cali o really shines. Exhale is a mouth coating layer of fresh mandarin juice that coats a nice oily layer that seems like it gets down in between the teeth.

Effect- Great happy soaring sativa type hit that has a life is good type vibe. Find myself starting projects I never intended whistling like its fun.

Satsuma #1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Satsuma #4
picture.php

picture.php

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell yeah billycw, great job and nice smoke report. The shoe had me laughing.
Just snagged a pack of satsuma so this has me very excited.

billycw

Veteran
kangrowru, Dognponyshow, Corpsey- Appreciated, really enjoyed the journey Cali o took me on glad you liked the ride:biggrin:

Always reading, I found something of interest and relevance to bump and bring up to ask here...

On the old CW I found a post by "Dr. Evil" from November 27, 2001 on a discussion on SK#1 origin. I know time lines are close for this to be possible even if just in gene pool lots. There are people that know for sure... Would love to hear the story and insight on history here:biggrin:

CW quote from "Dr. Evil" on November 27, 2001
Questions about Origin of Skunk #1 - and maybe a Re-Mix of Skunk #1
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2001, 03:38 pm »
Hi All,
The original skunk #1 was (Afghani x Acapulco gold) x Columbian. The original cali-o was the same mom (afghani x acapulco gold) x thai. Hence the similarities. Used to know someone involved with the original project many eons ago. The original goal was to try and shorten the flowering time of a sativa enough to grow in northern california. Got to smoke bud from related (same lines, but not same exact parents) of the afghani and the acapulco gold (which was one of my all time favorites, turned a roomful of experienced stoners into giggling idiots for a couple of hours).

HTH
Dr. Evil

Possible? I would have loved to see that early Afghani x acapulco gold beauty.

Some recent Blood Orange shots for you, lemonish skunky type palate that coats the mouth with her greasy oil.
picture.php

picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Nice find n share billy! Blood orange is looking good. Hope someone chimes in with info on the early sk1 n cali o lineage. I would love to try the original ag and also the best of the thai line.

Happy New Year!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Anybody else working with Ae77 Cali-O, especially the Bodhi crosses? I'm a big fan of the Big O- Orange!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I'm playing around with Satsuma F1,F2, and cuttings. So far I have found one with a strong almost rotten orange smell that I like. I am trying to up the potency a little. I grow some of them outside and I like the grow structure.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Welcome aboard Outcold, thanks for the double serrations tip have read Cali o momma does that. Always good hearing from people that were around back in the golden days of forums, so much info lost.

billycw, hope you're still around. Can you tell us what you mean by double serrations? Photos would be terrific! Thank you!

Red Eye Genetics - Outlaw Orange
I recently started some of these to see how the mix is knowing that Cali-Orange in both seed form as well as Ae's cut. He had a lot of respect for Kak1963 and the Kak-O he made with the Cali-O and a select Afghanistan line. I grew the cuts and the California Orange I grew around 92 having had seeds given to me by someone who lived in Northern California. Those seeds were the first ibl's I grew and bred with, but sadly I was young and naive. Thought I would have access to more and I never did breed these beyond a few generations.

Ae77 was great leader first and foremost. A awesome old school breeder as well as a teacher with a lot of integrity and principles. I was blessed to have been one of the few to harbor his cuts after he returned to Michigan and things got heated up. If not for him I would not have the real Skoosh line nor the Chromatic Diesel I have.