What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orchid growers

2rxv4gz.jpg

bivt4w.jpg

25hpno7.jpg

nvejjl.jpg

64i0ow.jpg

Green Squall

I did not know orchids regenerate. I got a call from my mom the other day telling me the orchid I got for her bday last year is reblooming. She continued to water it after it died even though I said she was wasting her time. Guess I was wrong!

MattoMaria

Ambassador
Hello everyone :tiphat:
I've never seen this thread before, it's very interesting!

I have many types of plants, but i encounter the biggest difficulties with orchids.
Some time ago, someone in my house has broken one of my orchids. The florist said me that i could make cuttings with this typology of orchid, so i tried. I had put the cuts in water with 1ml of rootbooster and after a very long time this is the situation:
picture.php

picture.php

Bye :D

Ps: sorry for my bad english!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
There is a patch of flowers down a hill in my yard I was told were Orchids. Then I was told they were Monk's Hood.
Are these the same? And poisonous? I had a guest put one in her hair behind her ear.

Attachments

• A patch of Monk's Hood north of Fairbanks.jpg
    A patch of Monk's Hood north of Fairbanks.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 26 years ago this patch of Monk's Hood was noticed.jpg
    26 years ago this patch of Monk's Hood was noticed.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 1 Monk's Hood.jpg
    1 Monk's Hood.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2 Monk's Hood.jpg
    2 Monk's Hood.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 15 Monk's Hoods from straight overhead.jpg
    15 Monk's Hoods from straight overhead.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 24

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
^That is not Monk's Hood. It is Cypripedium guttatum(terrestrial orchid) and also not poisonous. Good find!

Latest posts

Latest posts