What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

X

xavier7995

Who here owns a flask and how important is a captive top? I'm in the market for an English pewter flask and am leaning towards this one. Love the simplicity of it.

https://www.englishpewter.co.uk/sf435ct

I have a similar top on mine, kind of mixed feelings about it. Since it's meant to be on the go, I can't imagine not having some sort of way to keep your top attached. My complaint, and it could just be that mine is not good quality, is that having it attached to a solid hinge can make it a bit difficult to get the top to swing down and align properly to then screw back on, requires some jiggling.

Edit: gonna have some gin

Green Squall

I have a similar top on mine, kind of mixed feelings about it. Since it's meant to be on the go, I can't imagine not having some sort of way to keep your top attached. My complaint, and it could just be that mine is not good quality, is that having it attached to a solid hinge can make it a bit difficult to get the top to swing down and align properly to then screw back on, requires some jiggling.

Edit: gonna have some gin

Yeah, if I'm going to buy a flask, I want a quality made one that won't leak and will last a lifetime. Only thing is that having a captive top limits choices. What kind of gin are you drinking? By far my favorite spirit and will be filling the flask with this fine stuff....
https://caledoniaspirits.com/spirit/tom-cat/

X

xavier7995

Well...sigh...it was gonna be some Gordon's but will go beefeaters instead to keep it slightly classy. Neither are flask worthy. Only one even deserves to poured into a glass made of glass.

Been grumbly all around lately and don't enjoy weed, booze, or food much so no point wasting good stuff.

Edit: that tom cat looks delicious. Once the funk lifts going back to bourbons.

Green Squall

Well...sigh...it was gonna be some Gordon's but will go beefeaters instead to keep it slightly classy. Neither are flask worthy. Only one even deserves to poured into a glass made of glass.

Been grumbly all around lately and don't enjoy weed, booze, or food much so no point wasting good stuff.

Edit: that tom cat looks delicious. Once the funk lifts going back to bourbons.

Hope you snap out of that funk buddy! I know what its like. With summer about here, I feel like the nice weather helps tremendously.

About the gin, I've actually never had Beefeater..Weird, I know..Bombay Sapphire has always been my go to. The Tom Cat is something I only use sparingly. Someone gifted me a bottle a few years ago and I've been hooked since.

X

xavier7995

Try the beef! I honestly only drink it as it was my pop and all of his buddies goto. Its kind of rough, for a long time I wouldn't touch it...but eh, it really does have a solid "this is gin" aspect and is sort of my bellwether to judge others against. I'm sort of weirdo on that front.

Edit: not a Bombay fan, no particular reason I can point to.

Barbados Plantation Rum, extra old. I like it even more than the Botucal. Fits perfect to the Ghost Train Haze.

picture.php

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Great Lakes makes an amber lager called Elliot Ness that could scratch that itch.

Brown ales aren't popular with brewers due to brown malt taking a long time to mellow during conditioning.

Green Squall

Great Lakes makes an amber lager called Elliot Ness that could scratch that itch.

Brown ales aren't popular with brewers due to brown malt taking a long time to mellow during conditioning.

Didn't know that about the brown malt. Makes sense why I didn't see any on the shelf when I was checking out the craft brew section. IPA's and pale ale's abound, but no brown ales!

My local brewery actually makes a killer amber lager that I'm a big fan of. Drink it all the time. I found another brewery a few towns over who does a southern english brown ale that I'm going to check it. Its described as "notes of chocolate and a crisp malty finish. 6.8% ABV."

superx

Veteran
Attracted to this purely because of its name. It’s a craft beer brewed in Ireland .....IPA, quite a sweet one.....

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts