Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Sun System 315 LEC Ceramic Metal Halide ~ VERTICAL?

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Barney's Farm
Sun System 315 LEC Ceramic Metal Halide ~ VERTICAL? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2017, 12:09 PM #11
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
im honestly thinking 3 stacked up , in cool tubes , on a light rail will crush my room into super star levels

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ _
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 04:03 AM #12
Sleeper7784

Sleeper7784 is a jewel in the roughSleeper7784 is a jewel in the roughSleeper7784 is a jewel in the roughSleeper7784 is a jewel in the roughSleeper7784 is a jewel in the roughSleeper7784 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Crowder View Post
im honestly thinking 3 stacked up , in cool tubes , on a light rail will crush my room into super star levels

To cool tube or not to cool tube........ I bought a cool tube and thought I was going to use it and never did. Vertical atleast. Ended up using it in the veg department.
Sleeper7784 is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 06:54 AM #13
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 967 View Post
I'm also thinking of using a 315 along with a 600w HPS (usually rock a 250w mh conversion bulb, just cos it's sitting there unused otherwise) my question is (sorry, not to hijack) would one be suitable, along with a 600w sodium in a 4x4 tent? Temps will be fine just wondering about light intensity and bleaching etc

Chur
What I'm sure of is that twin 315's in a 4x4 space will do a really good job.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:01 AM #14

967 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
What I'm sure of is that twin 315's in a 4x4 space will do a really good job.
Yeah I'm just unsure of the buds the colour spectrum will produce. Pretty sure I can only get 4200k? in my corner of the world. And I don't want to drop all that coin at once, but I am pretty much thinking of moving in that direction eventually
967 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:36 AM #15
digging

digging has a spectacular aura aboutdigging has a spectacular aura aboutdigging has a spectacular aura aboutdigging has a spectacular aura about
Anyone running vertical double stacked, 315 watts CMH, on all four sides of a plant ?
digging is offline Quote

Old 10-20-2017, 04:34 AM #16
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yeah I'm just unsure of the buds the colour spectrum will produce. Pretty sure I can only get 4200k? in my corner of the world. And I don't want to drop all that coin at once, but I am pretty much thinking of moving in that direction eventually
Lots of people mix lamp spectrums. I think that more blue encourages shorter internodes & that's about it. It maybe brings out the purples & maroons in maturity a little more

I went from a 1000w hps to a 1000w dual arc lamp & then to the twin 315's & that's what I noticed in the process other than less heat & lower electric bills with the 315's. I'm sure your mixed spectrum setup would work just fine if it doesn't generate too much heat for you to shed readily.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 10-20-2017, 06:14 AM #17

967 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
Lots of people mix lamp spectrums. I think that more blue encourages shorter internodes & that's about it. It maybe brings out the purples & maroons in maturity a little more

I went from a 1000w hps to a 1000w dual arc lamp & then to the twin 315's & that's what I noticed in the process other than less heat & lower electric bills with the 315's. I'm sure your mixed spectrum setup would work just fine if it doesn't generate too much heat for you to shed readily.
I'm waiting on an email back from supplier about hanging vertical and if it's all cool I'll drop the $400. Figuring it should be all good but not actually sure about how the light fits into socket. Haven't looked into it yet, just looks like it bolts in sort of?
967 is offline Quote

Old 10-20-2017, 04:23 PM #18
Jhhnn

Quote:
I'm waiting on an email back from supplier about hanging vertical and if it's all cool I'll drop the $400. Figuring it should be all good but not actually sure about how the light fits into socket. Haven't looked into it yet, just looks like it bolts in sort of?
Genuine Philips 315's are U (universal) rated, meaning they can be operated in any position. PGZ lamp holders are a polarized twistlock configuration. Insert the 2 slightly different feet on the lamp into the 2 slightly different holes in the socket & turn 90 degrees clockwise until the pins bottom out in the keyholes. Secure & easy. Piece o' cake once you notice that the feet are different sizes.

PGZ & PGZX lampholders are slightly different. Double envelope open fixture rated 315's will fit both. Single envelope enclosed fixture rated 315's will only fit PGZ lamp holders.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 10-20-2017, 06:44 PM #20
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
i find it hard to believe a 315w cmh will replace a 600hps and yield the same amount

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote