Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Laws & Cannabis Legislation > Legalization is a Bad Joke

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Next Light Systems for LED lights
View Poll Results: Do you think Cannabis will be legal without any restrictions in your lifetime.
Yes 19 11.05%
No 92 53.49%
Maybe 24 13.95%
Laws are fanciful and don't control what I do. 37 21.51%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Legalization is a Bad Joke Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2017, 06:43 AM #201
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffnPufferfish View Post
thats the trick, youre not truly legal unless the feds say so.
Since the Cole memo, the Feds in CO have confined themselves to busting growers who are in violation of both federal & state law shipping product out of state. If they wanted to change that they'd bust the giant legalized growers first, I'm sure.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:33 PM #202
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
Oregon levies a 22% tax - and Quality has declined markedly. Unimaginably bad pot that would never be sold in the informal market.

I would say, the Legal Market in Rec. Oregon is the Black market - it's the most dishonest, e.g. Diamond Cannabis. I had never seen kif'ed pot before I made the mistake of buying an 1/8 of it from them.

Don't Feed the Cancer, let it starve. Maybe they'll get it right in 2019.

OLCC (state liquor commission) is partially to blame also. They seem to have trouble understanding that it's their job to make sure consumers receive something in exchange for the 22% tax.

The Attitude of Entitlement, at some Rec. retailers and the OLCC, is something I've never witnessed in the Cannabis industry.

LONG LIVE THE GREEN MARKET ! (the informal market).
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:20 PM #203
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond reputeAvinash.miles has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhhnn View Post
Since the Cole memo, the Feds in CO have confined themselves to busting growers who are in violation of both federal & state law shipping product out of state. If they wanted to change that they'd bust the giant legalized growers first, I'm sure.
not entirely accurate

dea and metro drug task force raid people REGULARLY with NO direct evidence of diversion out of state
when i was raided cops told me "it's too much work to prove you are selling, but we COULD" (that was just local LEO< but i've had exp w denver metro drug task force, i know thye bust people without evidence that's worthy of a trial - typically the grow is enough to nail peeps to the wall and MOST of the people getting busted in colorado are being tried in the state, not at the federal level even tho DEA is involved in those busts - the implication is that the charges won't stick federally but the state case is rock solid based on the grow and nothing else).
i laughed and said "no you can't, or you would"
but then i realized, they DON'T have to at all, the system is rigged to bust people for growing, the whole out of state diversion thing is just a scapegoat.
Avinash.miles is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2017, 04:52 AM #204
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
not entirely accurate

dea and metro drug task force raid people REGULARLY with NO direct evidence of diversion out of state
when i was raided cops told me "it's too much work to prove you are selling, but we COULD" (that was just local LEO< but i've had exp w denver metro drug task force, i know thye bust people without evidence that's worthy of a trial - typically the grow is enough to nail peeps to the wall and MOST of the people getting busted in colorado are being tried in the state, not at the federal level even tho DEA is involved in those busts - the implication is that the charges won't stick federally but the state case is rock solid based on the grow and nothing else).
i laughed and said "no you can't, or you would"
but then i realized, they DON'T have to at all, the system is rigged to bust people for growing, the whole out of state diversion thing is just a scapegoat.
I have no way of knowing for sure, but I figure the feds & the locals work together on a sort of sliding scale. Things that are local in origin probably stay that way until there's indications to the contrary. They all want to bust the big guys & there seem to be plenty of them to go after.

Which isn't to say that the locals won't be assholes about the new limits, depending, but rather that traditional & formerly legal caregiver growers aren't the feds' targets, at least not so far. They haven't been for years. The 12 plant limit is just a really shitty thing for the politicians to implement. I doubt it will stand up in court. I seriously hope it does not. The amount of cannabis such growers put into the current market really isn't much at all.

Prosecutions in state court rather than federal court are part of the state guarding licensed growers & the revenue stream it all provides. They have to be eager to do that as part of the deal established by the Cole memo. As you say, it's also easier to prove. The feds can always come back over interstate transport if state prosecution fails. I'm sure that plays strongly towards plea agreements for people involved in deals like this-

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/28...g-ring-denver/

I hope that you & others who've helped me & been kind come through this well. I truly do.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 11-14-2017, 08:13 PM #205
shaggyballs

shaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to beholdshaggyballs is a splendid one to behold
It is no doubt that Legalization is a Bad Joke.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote