Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Hawaii > Growing outdoor in Hawaii

Thread Title Search
Growing outdoor in Hawaii Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2019, 04:47 AM #1
Miasa Mura

Miasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the rough
Growing outdoor in Hawaii

Hey ICMAG friends!

Iím planning to move to Hawaii in the next year or two and I wanted to know of any tips you might share. Pest, diseases, issues, whatever youíve encountered while growing on the Islands would be helpful. Thanks everyone!
Miasa Mura is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:53 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Sativas will do well there.

Terpene Amplification

How many solo cups does one need?

Who created the Original Skunks?
troutman is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 05:52 AM #3
Miasa Mura

Miasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the roughMiasa Mura is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Sativas will do well there.
Thatís good news to me

Old 05-13-2019, 05:53 AM #4
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Pure Indicas may get moldy there with the humidity.

It's jungle country, so grow some Sativa trees.

Terpene Amplification

How many solo cups does one need?

Who created the Original Skunks?
troutman is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 09:45 AM #5
oldhaole

oldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud ofoldhaole has much to be proud of
Hawaii is a diverse place. Windward, leeward, mauka, makai, each is a different microclimate, not to mention what island are you gonna call home?

Depending on where you finally land is when to ask the questions. What will work out in the scrubland of Kanio may not work the same in the rainforest of Nahiku.

Either way, it's a really easy place to grow really good weed. But it's an expensive place to call home. The time where you can move to Hawaii, grow weed and build a little empire are long gone, gone with the sugarcane fields. Good Luck.

Just Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Three.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=204197 Long Season 2011....done.

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Four.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=223284 Short Season 2011-2012....done.

Still Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Five.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4995530 Long Season 2012....done.

Not Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Six.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5571647 Short, Long, and Short Seasons 2013....done.

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Embracing the Suck.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=281490 Whole Year 2014.

Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Do it Again.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=300355 The Story Never Ends.
oldhaole is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:26 AM #6
VenturaHwy

VenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud ofVenturaHwy has much to be proud of
To move to another part of the country sounds exciting. Most of us have family and friends that we don't want to leave. I have looked at states really counties that are easy to build on. One person said Hawaii has places that are mostly free of building permits. That is my kind of place if I ever move.
VenturaHwy is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 11:49 PM #7
Miasa Mura

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhaole View Post
Hawaii is a diverse place. Windward, leeward, mauka, makai, each is a different microclimate, not to mention what island are you gonna call home?

Depending on where you finally land is when to ask the questions. What will work out in the scrubland of Kanio may not work the same in the rainforest of Nahiku.

Either way, it's a really easy place to grow really good weed. But it's an expensive place to call home. The time where you can move to Hawaii, grow weed and build a little empire are long gone, gone with the sugarcane fields. Good Luck.
Thank you for the Insight! Iím looking at Kihei or Makawao in Maui - Hilo or Captain Cook on the Big Island. I know that each one of those four spots will have different climates. I assume humidity is a major issue throughout all microclimates? Iím not looking to come and start an Ganja business, just want to grow heady head-stash under rainbows Cost of living is comparable to where I live currently in California, and I wonít have to blast my heater for half the year

Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 PM #8
Miasa Mura

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Pure Indicas may get moldy there with the humidity.

It's jungle country, so grow some Sativa trees.
Iíd really like to grow some South East Asian varieties there. Sativa trees Fersure!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:59 PM #9
Miasa Mura

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaHwy View Post
To move to another part of the country sounds exciting. Most of us have family and friends that we don't want to leave. I have looked at states really counties that are easy to build on. One person said Hawaii has places that are mostly free of building permits. That is my kind of place if I ever move.
Iím hoping that those friends and family will visit, knowing they donít need to pay for a place to stay while they visit Iíve heard that too, about the building permits being fairly permissible in the Jungle areas. I fell in love with the islands and it feels like home.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:15 AM #10
herbgreen

herbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud ofherbgreen has much to be proud of
Luang Prabang Lao Sativa

gypsy still has packs of these........

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/pro...ng-lao-sativa/

I know 'green' grew the bodhi acapulco gold with fantastic results and rsc highland Thai

I think hes on the hawaiian islands

herbgreen is offline Quote