Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > With legalization in over half of the states...

Thread Title Search
With legalization in over half of the states... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2019, 11:49 PM #1
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
With legalization in over half of the states...

Am I still justified in being paranoid in having seeds delivered to my house where I grow?

I can order domestically from one state away. How do I know the senders mail isn't being flagged when it gets shipped out of state to a restricted state? (Great Lakes Genetics is in MI. I'm in WI.)

I really don't have any friends that I can have mail delivered to.

Granted, a lot of my grow equipment was shipped. But I've been collecting it for a couple years in various previous residences.

My seed stock I collected in 2004-2006 and have been storing it until my current location.

Hell, if Great Lakes had a store front I'd just drive there! Detroit is a short 6 hour drive for me.
GOT_BUD? is online now Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 02:11 AM #2
festerous

festerous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of lightfesterous is a glorious beacon of light
You could always get a P.O. box in the nearest legal city.
festerous is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:05 AM #3
WillyNilly

WillyNilly is on a distinguished road
I'm in a similar situation. I live in a neighboring state to WI and am waiting on a couple packs of seeds from Great Lakes Genetics (I, too, thought about making the drive to MI before realizing they don't have a store front). Because legalization is gaining momentum, and I'm only growing a few plants, I'm not too worried. My thought(hope??) is the authorities aren't focusing too much on the domestic seed banks and that the worst that could happen is that they confiscate my seeds.
WillyNilly is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2019, 05:23 AM #4
CannaRed
Cannabinerd

CannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud ofCannaRed has much to be proud of
I'm in Prohibitionland Virginia.
I have had seeds mailed to a Va address 5 times.
I had them USPS delivered to a business that often accepts packages for people. Received all seeds except 3rd time (oh well, they were freebies anyway).
I'm still here!
Also according to the wording of farm bill- legal hemp is defined as any cannabis that has less than .3% THC. This loophole legalizes seeds because seeds do not have any cannabinoids.
Now your state might not allow seeds, but USPS is federal law.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:42 AM #5
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT_BUD? View Post
Am I still justified in being paranoid in having seeds delivered to my house where I grow?

I can order domestically from one state away. How do I know the senders mail isn't being flagged when it gets shipped out of state to a restricted state? (Great Lakes Genetics is in MI. I'm in WI.)

I really don't have any friends that I can have mail delivered to.

Granted, a lot of my grow equipment was shipped. But I've been collecting it for a couple years in various previous residences.

My seed stock I collected in 2004-2006 and have been storing it until my current location.

Hell, if Great Lakes had a store front I'd just drive there! Detroit is a short 6 hour drive for me.
Not aware of any 'flags' from Great Lakes mailing to non legal states. Yes, they are outstanding in regards to mailing. As a vendor and customer there, you'll get your order plus generous freebies.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2019, 03:29 PM #6
igrowone

igrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond reputeigrowone has a reputation beyond repute
if you think of the current state of the USPS
is it likely they are implementing an expensive system to flag small mail from a legal state to a non legal state?
the legal states are changing year by year
small seed shipments have been simply confiscated in the past
seems like a lot of effort for no gain

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:01 PM #7
Hydro8

Hydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to allHydro8 is a name known to all
If you are wondering about it you already know it is a risk. You can collect a bunch of "ahhh.. dude Don't worry because..." that will not help the reality of it.

If a highly funded entity that is paid to find illegal grows get a list of addresses that had seeds sent to them.. I would not want to be on that list if I was growing !

I was reading the news from a non-leagl state and they had a "bust" from a facebook posting about a gram of wax. Someone reported the post, local LE got a warrant, searched a home and someone is sitting in jail with felonies over a facebook post about a gram of wax.
Sitting in Colorado this seems so bizarre and backwards.. but it is the reality in some places. The "drug war" is still going in some states be careful.
Hydro8 is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2019, 06:18 PM #8
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
One way to receive a package without having your address on it is have it sent to, “Your name”, “general delivery” at the post office address.

Not all Post offices have that service, so check online or call before sending to one.

You need to present an ID when picking it up, could get a fake id and not even use your real name
Could have it sent to a non local post office if that’s important as well.

It sounded like it would raise a red flag at first to me, but it’s a common service people use while traveling or moving from place to place.

I recently bought some kratom plants from a guy who suggested it, just to give the oinkers one less thing to track. Worked well.
redlaser is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2019, 01:25 AM #9
GOT_BUD?

GOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud ofGOT_BUD? has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro8 View Post
If you are wondering about it you already know it is a risk. You can collect a bunch of "ahhh.. dude Don't worry because..." that will not help the reality of it.

If a highly funded entity that is paid to find illegal grows get a list of addresses that had seeds sent to them.. I would not want to be on that list if I was growing !

I was reading the news from a non-leagl state and they had a "bust" from a facebook posting about a gram of wax. Someone reported the post, local LE got a warrant, searched a home and someone is sitting in jail with felonies over a facebook post about a gram of wax.
Sitting in Colorado this seems so bizarre and backwards.. but it is the reality in some places. The "drug war" is still going in some states be careful.
This is the way I keep leaning.

I've never been even looked at sideways for any kind of possession or growing or anything related to drugs or cannabis. Ever. I worked side by side with cops for years, and they never had a clue.

I'd really like to keep that streak going.

It'll be legal medically soon enough. I can wait. I just hope that Grandma's Hashplant from Bodhi is still around when it does.
GOT_BUD? is online now Quote

Old 05-17-2019, 01:46 AM #10
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
As someone who’s spent his life being invisible to cops, I respect the comment
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is offline Quote