You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Distinguished and Nurtured Kind Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2019, 06:10 AM #591
Americangrower

Americangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond reputeAmericangrower has a reputation beyond repute
Is the Topanga Canyon Pure Kush the 1 with a slight sweet lime and marshmallow smell?
If so I grew her back when it was just called Pure Kush. She vegs and stretches big time. I would bet Sis x PK would grow similar to say GG4.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:25 AM #592
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
Just to make sure words don’t play me false, I’m interested in seeing the ‘sea of single colas’, whatever the plant count is: I’ve heard about it being done, but a lot of what I’ve read seems contradictory, and I learn best from watching, asking questions, then doing.
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 01:24 PM #593
Zapadra

Zapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud ofZapadra has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by useless.gardens View Post
no. glue throws a bent finger here & there. its genetic... & not an environmental manifestation.

so if you got a glue that doesnt throw the occasional bent finger... its not the real deal.

gg4. my top 10 all time fav plant to grow. smoke is in my top 5.
That's how I know mine is legit, often throws a variegated bent finger.

I would rather inspire than achieve.
Zapadra is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:57 PM #594
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
@useless - I agree. I've always wanted to run a true SOG since overgrow days, but I've just never done it. Aero was too complicated with organic nutes and clogged emitters. Containers of organic soil have to be too large to fit the proper number in the space. Soil bed, was really the only possible means of pulling off a water only organic SOG. It is the end goal for this setup.

@Americangrower - Yes. That is the same cut. To the best of my knowledge, when this cut was sourced for the reversal and such, it was picked up at HPRC via Kevin. The "Pure Kush" moniker is interesting on this plant, because it is certainly an OG type "kush" vs kush in the traditional, regional sense. It has always been an indication of it's very early / closely related ties to OG Kush, before the OG moniker was added. If I'm not mistaken, it came from bag seed in '97, from the Topanga Canyon area, as if that wasn't a given. The details I have on it are vague at best though. I'd really love to know more about her - but yeah, the limey/marshmellow OG like pure kush - that one.

If she grows like an OG (or Glue) and gives me 2.5-3x stretch, which seems entirely possible based on her current profile, then it is actually possible, for me to veg in the 9 Sis x PK and veg in the 4 Cobalt #2, top those, and flip. I could possibly manage an even canopy with that approach. It's something I'm still considering.

It seems, most people who want to see the larger plants, are really just wanting to see Cobalt #2 dialed in properly in. I want a a bunch of the Sis x PK in jars by default, so...

@White Beard - It can be done. On overgrow - it was being done in trays of hydroton, with rooted clones in rockwool cubes, flood and drain style. Zero veg time, straight to flower, 4 plants per sq ft. It was touted as the highest production method possible, it just required healthy moms and lots of cloning. Most people stayed away because of the higher plant counts.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:41 PM #595
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond reputebigtacofarmer has a reputation beyond repute
16-25 plants in 1 gallon pots was all I ran for the first few years before med cards and so called legal growing. Now it seems like too much work with most strains. Still the easiest way to get a good yield from my og. Like a sea of spaghetti, golf ball nugs and bamboo sticks.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:10 PM #596
Ibechillin
Research Enthusiast

Ibechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant future
Posted this just a minute ago lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibechillin View Post
My first year growing I ran a 15x12 room recirculating hydro with two 4x12 tables under three 1000W HPS on light movers that traveled the full length of the tables, I did 4" rooted cuts in 6" rockwool blocks straight to flower sea of green. It was common for them to finish flowering in 8 weeks as 4+ ft tall plants with colas as big around and long as my leg, I sold many oz from that room that were just one nug .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
Playing around outdoors again (current grow 2019 starts on post #75):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271

Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Ibechillin is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:19 PM #597
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
You guys know precisely what I'm talking about then. Everything about this room, was primarily designed with the end goal of running a more SOG like fashion. Just have to run enough plants to find the one worth repeating.

But, I did take a vote and the majority said run the 8.

This is what the bed looked like at the end of the last round.

The layer of leaves was easily pulled back, I amended according to the 10 sq ft recipe as listed above. That'd be the exact same recipe I'd use if I was mixing a new 1.5 cu ft batch of soil as well. This is some what intentional. I'd like to think as the bed ages and the soil sinks a bit all I'll have to do is add a "bag" of soil to the top and start a new cycle.

No wait time. Plants go in immediately after the amendments are scratched into the soil. They'll get worked in more as the holes are dug for the transplants. Everything is watered in place. Lights are turned on and left high for the first day then I'll bring them down close to limit stretch.

I liked how super cropping worked last round, so I imagine when tucking things under a screen, which will be put in place pretty much immediately, I'll super crop the branches to train them.

All 4 Cobalt #2 are on the right. 3 Cobalt #1 are on the left and the 1 Sis x PK is in the doorway.

Round 2. Thanks to everyone for sticking around and giving advice and pointers along the way. The company is much appreciated.

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:08 PM #598
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
18 would limit root space, but doable, works out (if my math is ok) 7.7sq." per plant,

8 plants would have about 17.5sq." per plant.
forgive me i don't recall the depth. inconsequential for 8, but critical for 18. imho

that said, i've flowered to seed in yogurt cups, but that's an extreme example.

i thank you for providing us this opportunity.

be well Frank

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 09:46 PM #599
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

Trich, there is about 58 gallons in the soil bed. That's about 7 per plant. If the goal is to achieve 4 oz per plant, that's doable in 5 gallons soil usually. So, the 7 gallon is really just cushion to ensure there was enough soil present.

The beds depth is 11", which is really a bit more in the center because, well, like you said, it sagged. LOL.

I don't think root space would be an issue for 18. Given, they are sized accordingly for the grow. Going in at about 8-10". Vegged to about 18-20" and flipped. Strip all lowers that have more than about 1-1.5" of secondary growth by the 3rd week, and watch nice, long colas fill in with 1 or two shorter side buds, per plant.

If this Sis x PK is a good plant, seeing how I now have a bunch of cuts of her to make mothers, it's entirely possible we see a full room of it next round, done in more of a SOG fashion.

dank.Frank
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:26 PM #600
White Beard

White Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivorWhite Beard is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank.frank View Post
Round 2. Thanks to everyone for sticking around and giving advice and pointers along the way. The company is much appreciated.

dank.Frank
You’re good company, and I learn a lot
——————
“You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, but you know you have been captured,
Still you feel so civilized - and you look so pretty in your new lace sleeves...”

——————
Letting my freak flag fly!
White Beard is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.