You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Greenpoint Seeds > Copper Chem grow zone

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Greenpoint Seeds
Copper Chem grow zone Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2019, 06:14 PM #91
FrozenFire

FrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud of
Seed size is quite drastic between ccf2 tall pheno and c99 from the ccf2 male. The ccf2 seeds are a little smaller than average size, and the c99 are bigger than average. Those are the biggest beans I've made yet. Fyi I believe that the seed size has fuck all to do with seed viability or vigor. They are mature seeds in both instances. Mercury was in retrograde at time of harvest, which means I should have over 90% female seeds

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 48 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....344873&page=48

Copper chem grow zone: my pollen chucking and breeders notes.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352428
FrozenFire is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:50 PM #92
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFire View Post
Seed size is quite drastic between ccf2 tall pheno and c99 from the ccf2 male. The ccf2 seeds are a little smaller than average size, and the c99 are bigger than average. Those are the biggest beans I've made yet. Fyi I believe that the seed size has fuck all to do with seed viability or vigor. They are mature seeds in both instances. Mercury was in retrograde at time of harvest, which means I should have over 90% female seeds

View Image

I've not heard of this phenominon that you speak of. Could you elaborate a bit?

I'd be interested in seeing the results of popping those seeds with a claim like that.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:37 PM #93
FrozenFire

FrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud ofFrozenFire has much to be proud of
I was told that by an old farmer while we were smoking a joint at a flea market. When I questioned him about it, he said that gaia favors females when mercury is in retrograde. He said he always got more females when he harvested seeds at that time. It seemed like a pretty legit explanation, based on sound logic and reasoning. Correlation means causation with all things mystical.

The neverending insanity of frozenfire: currently page 48 forward for undercurrent and aeroponics.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:37 PM #94
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFire View Post

View Image

Speaking on seed size. I made some observations this past year. I made seeds with an OG male. They all came out normal size, across the board. I used a Alien Rift male on some other cuts. The F2's were super small. But the hybrids, all had huge fucking seeds. Way larger than normal. Snowdog, Lime Gorilla Bubble, Old School Haze, seeds were all gigantic.

At first I thought maybe the male made that happen. But after some reading, I think seed size correlates with bract/calyx/pod size. Don't know so much if seed size has to do with vigor, as much as it has to do with actual seedling size. Bigger seeds = bigger seedlings. Although I know a bigger plant in theory grows faster than a smaller one(roots) , I've had some super small seeds take off like a rocket. Not here for a fight either. Just some healthy discussion based on observation and experience.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:56 PM #95
NEED 4 SEED

NEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really niceNEED 4 SEED is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTripleOG View Post
But after some reading, I think seed size correlates with bract/calyx/pod size.

I made the observation last year that calyx size is not the main (or not the only) determining factor for the seed size. I used 2 types of pollen on one plant. The mother plant was sensi skunk, pollen came from herself selfed and from chimera cookies feminized. After the harvest I separated the seeds and grew some out. After testing it was clear to me that not only there were two seed sizes in one mother plant but also that the bigger ones were from the selfing pollen and the smaller ones were from the sensi skunk/chimera cookies fem hybrid. That leads me to the conclusion that hybrid seeds aren't always bigger too. ( I was thinking this before too). My SSH x BB seeds are really tiny too, smaller than the parent seeds. So atm there is no generalizing about seed sizes in my opinion. At least not with the polyhybrid stuff we all are growing.
I posted the pic before, here are the seeds:

NEED 4 SEED is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:04 AM #96
FrozenFire

Thanks for all of yall speaking up on seed size! I think it's just a matter of who the parents are and how their genetics combine. Speaking of which, I harvested my ccf2 short pheno and got just over a hundred seeds from the targeted cola. The seeds were of similar size as I got from her taller sister. The short pheno has rather dense indica style buds that trim into nice looking cone buds. They smell super dank while trimming. Reminds me of rubber, ass, and hints of gasoline. Not a bit of fruit or sweetness to be found.

So total weight pulled from the ccf2 aerotable run was 1.65 pounds. I was kind of surprised. Turns out a few of the plants I thought were fluffy had better density to them than I anticipated. Aside from a couple of oz, all of it will be turned into delicious bho.

Last edited by FrozenFire; 03-18-2019 at 06:16 AM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:14 AM #97
FrozenFire

Behold ccf2 bho! The high will leave you clear headed, brain buzzing, and completely couch locked. This is the stuff is best for smoking while sitting in a lazy boy. Then ponder the inner workings of how the gravity of a black hole can absorb light...

Last edited by FrozenFire; 03-20-2019 at 06:50 AM..

Old 05-16-2019, 07:32 AM #98
GatorGumbo

Did you ever get the lab results back?

Old 05-23-2019, 07:20 AM #99
FrozenFire

I never sent any of them off for testing. After the cuts cured, none of them had anything spectactular that made me want to spend the money on testing. It's good weed, just not quite up to the level I was hoping for.

So next step is growing out crosses made from that ccf2 frosty male. I've got seeds I just started of out crosses with orange glue and hulks dream. I also started seeds of ccf2 male to his ccf2 short pheno sister. This should give me an idea on how ccf2 male pollen effects other strains he is crossed with. Only six seeds of each of these crosses were planted today... I am hoping his crosses are good as I've got hundreds of seeds made by this male

Old 05-23-2019, 08:55 AM #100
GatorGumbo

Right on, yea hopefully there's something in there for you.