Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

Thread Title Search
Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2019, 08:11 AM #391
LostTribe

LostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post
You're right, and while I've seen passive decarboxylation studies, I didn't save them, or even believe them based on personal experience extracting aged material.

I've extracted year old harvests, that still produced extensive CO2 bubbles when the concentrate was decarboxylated at 250F.
I agree. Recall that I have had most of the older material (over a year cure for example) I have run with ethanol still turn to shatter. Heating seems a requirement.

Hope you are well GW!

LT

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:05 AM #392
LostTribe

LostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant futureLostTribe has a brilliant future
Quote:
You're right, and while I've seen passive decarboxylation studies, I didn't save them, or even believe them based on personal experience extracting aged material.

I've extracted year old harvests, that still produced extensive CO2 bubbles when the concentrate was decarboxylated at 250F.
Hey GW!

So if you had a bit of older pretty dry bio mass what would you do to turn it into savable long term medicine to treat cancer?

I want to also add a how to to the first post so if you think newer bio mass would be better to do another way please advise.

My thought was to just do an quick wash ethanol extraction. I previously did QWET using frozen Everclear. Would you recommend room temp vs frozen?

You stated no winterization was necessary so I am guessing room temp and then just filtering quickly as usual. If you have a link please post. I am fuzzy on decarboxylating afterwords as well.

Best,
LT

Old 05-19-2019, 02:06 PM #393
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
Hey GW!

So if you had a bit of older pretty dry bio mass what would you do to turn it into savable long term medicine to treat cancer?

I want to also add a how to to the first post so if you think newer bio mass would be better to do another way please advise.

My thought was to just do an quick wash ethanol extraction. I previously did QWET using frozen Everclear. Would you recommend room temp vs frozen?

You stated no winterization was necessary so I am guessing room temp and then just filtering quickly as usual. If you have a link please post. I am fuzzy on decarboxylating afterwords as well.

Best,
LT
I would use frozen QWET to minimize chlorophyll pickup.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....highlight=QWET

Here is how we typically decarboxylate.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150429...carboxylation/

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:14 AM #394
LostTribe

Quote:
I would use frozen QWET to minimize chlorophyll pickup.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....highlight=QWET

Here is how we typically decarboxylate.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150429...carboxylation/
Hey Brother,

Checked links, appears you go straight from filter to hot oil bath and you were reclaiming ie distilling off the ethanol and re collecting, Nice!

So you advise on first running biomass in frozen QWET. Will freezing the ethanol prior to quick wash suffice or do I need to freeze the ethanol biomass mix overnight prior to filtering? Can I evaporate off the ethanol with a fan and then scrape as normal prior to the hot oil bath at 250 degrees F? For the hot oil bath do you use a hot plate and do you use a double boiler or straight on the heating surface?

Additionally, out of the blue a few days ago one of longtime best friends called to say his father had just had surgery to remove cancerous cells from his voice box and they were planning to proceed with a very aggressive several weeks of chemo 5 days a week.

I have not yet asked if he would consider the oil. Last time another good friends parent was diagnosed he immediately shot it down as insane even though he was at one time a seasoned stoner.

Wondering how I might cautiously bring it up..... They are outside of Denver and I hear Dr. Robert Melamede was onboard with Phoenix Tears Denver for a more local, reasonable and professional approach.

Again, Blessings and thank you so very much for your continued contribution to this cause.

Best Always,
LT

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:41 PM #395
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeGray Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
Hey Brother,

Checked links, appears you go straight from filter to hot oil bath and you were reclaiming ie distilling off the ethanol and re collecting, Nice!

So you advise on first running biomass in frozen QWET. Will freezing the ethanol prior to quick wash suffice or do I need to freeze the ethanol biomass mix overnight prior to filtering? Can I evaporate off the ethanol with a fan and then scrape as normal prior to the hot oil bath at 250 degrees F? For the hot oil bath do you use a hot plate and do you use a double boiler or straight on the heating surface?

Additionally, out of the blue a few days ago one of longtime best friends called to say his father had just had surgery to remove cancerous cells from his voice box and they were planning to proceed with a very aggressive several weeks of chemo 5 days a week.

I have not yet asked if he would consider the oil. Last time another good friends parent was diagnosed he immediately shot it down as insane even though he was at one time a seasoned stoner.

Wondering how I might cautiously bring it up..... They are outside of Denver and I hear Dr. Robert Melamede was onboard with Phoenix Tears Denver for a more local, reasonable and professional approach.

Again, Blessings and thank you so very much for your continued contribution to this cause.

Best Always,
LT
I typically freeze both the material and the ethanol overnight at -18C/0F. We have taken the ethanol to -50C using dry ice.

You can evaporate the alcohol away with a fan, but it will pick up more water from the atmosphere.

You can just pour it in a shallow dish, like a casserole dish, and cover it with cheese cloth to keep the pet hairs and dust out, before setting it out to evaporate naturally. You can also set those dishes on heating pads to speed things up.

You can also boil it off to atmosphere in the same hot oil pot that you decarboxylate in.

I actually use a fondue pot of hot oil, and set the container of concentrate on a jar lid so that it doesn't contact the bottom of the pot. Heating elements produce local hot spots, so a double boiler arrangement is required.

I don't know your friend well enough to know the best approach, but one would be to ask him if he has seen the latest cancer research using cannabis concentrates. Perhaps at that point provide him with a summary and links or reading material.

In my experience, most brothers and sisters with cancer are open to new ideas if it saves their lives. Some had already expended all other options and were grasping at straws.

Dr Melamede is a personable and helpful guy, as well as being a wealth of knowledge about latest research on the effects of phyto-cannabinoids on our endo-cannabinoid systems.

You're welcome. Good luck with your friend!

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.