Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Sports and recreation > NFL 2018

Thread Title Search
NFL 2018 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2019, 02:02 AM #791
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
yeah carls jr and hardees are the same place
i guess its kind of hit and miss with them, a lot depends on the crew behind the counter
we have one just down the road, but i dont really eat there that often because ive gotten bad food and service there a few times
the ones i want to try are the ones with the green buritto in them, the have the same menu as carls but also a full on mexican menu like taco bell; its two resturants in one!
i think they have a kfc like that around here too, with kfc and another place tucked into the same building
adidas three strip brother! im rocking some of them right now
i ahve a bunch of complete suits, pants with the jacket to match but dont wear the jackets most of the time
no, in the warmer months i wear shorts and flip flops
shirts are optional around here when the weather gets nice
i like to wear some logoed t's , used to be chargers but now its rams and stuff with various other logos i get
most of the time im skinnin' it
the girl used to get horrified when her friends would come over and me and her brother would sit around in shorts and flip flops
the middle boy lifts heavy on the regular and eats like hes in training 24/7 so hes pretty cut and im still holding my own for an older guy
we dont have ac (other than a portable room cooler) but i dont mind heat
/especially when im half dressed
that would be fun to have a little bet here with the teams next season and a sig bet would be cool
nothing too heavy, just a little sentence or two in your sig line
/i would go with an avitar bet maybe, but we both have sweet signage ( i look for the horse toothed jackass pic when i hit up the thread)
we could still roll witha bong hit bet too, it would be fun for the pics if nothing else
lets think about it and have some fun
so i was giving the dark horse team some thought and think i might have a couple
the leaning towards jax turning things around this season or the bucs getting back on track
if i had to choose right now im all about jax returning to form but tampa bay just signed suh
im not sure hes the piece they need to turn things around but its a step in the right direction
i think jax is going to be lead by the defense but chubbed up under center with nick foles
/jax was gifted a great prospect in the draft landing j.allen
maybe not as dark as some teams but im not hitching my wagon to the jets or az, thats for sure
hope your week is startihng to wrap up nicely and you are all ready for the long weekend
any plans in mind brother?
whatever it is i hope you have a fun and relaxing weeknd!
pop_rocks is online now Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 04:10 PM #792
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Yeah, sometimes even the same restaurant can have wildly varying food quality from one day to the next, depending on the shift’s cooks. I went to a checkers a couple weeks ago, late night, had some hot fresh greasy food that hit the spot, went to the same checkers recently around dinner time, burgers were lukewarm and sad. Again, went through drivethru and didn’t feel like going back, although the dogs ate well.

We’ve got some combination taco bells/KFC’s, ive never actually ordered both tacos and fried chicken when there, just one or the other. Maybe im not taking full advantage of my opportunity?

Those adidas track suits are iconic, and they make high quality gear. Theyre made out of some sort of nylon or polyester, right, like superstrong but very slick and soft and comfortable? Ill have to look into getting me a set, not sure if I can pull it off outside but inside ill be pimping.

Heh, im rocking the dad bod nowadays so not sure I can pull off going shirtless round the house, and that’s with only the woman around, not young ladies. But I hear san diego is pretty temperate during the summer, doesn’t get too crazy hot like LA, so going shirtless with minimal a/c is probably the way to go, especially if there’s a nice breeze present.

What kind of sig bets are you thinking? Like bets praising the winner, or the winner’s favorite team?

Jacksonville with a new QB is primed for a rebound season, although I think they lost some defensive starters. They cut malik Jackson, a DT, for cap purposes, but they still have Calais Campbell and Yannick ngakoue on the D-line, and like you mentioned they got Josh Allen in the draft at #7 overall when most experts thought he would be gone by then. Im not sure about nick foles as a full time starter though, he started last season when wentz was still recovering from his knee injury and wasn’t that impressive, but played well later when wentz went down with a back injury.

I think the jets with leveon might be interesting, leveon is a top 3-5 RB, and with a healthy quincy Enunwa and a new offensive coach maybe sam darnold can ball out next year. Jets are going through some internal turmoil, however, they fired their GM and the new head coach, adam gase, took over interim GM duties.

It’s supposed to rain a lot this weekend so not sure how much I can do but hopefully ill be busy.
Bababooey is offline Quote

Old 05-25-2019, 03:06 PM #793
pop_rocks

pop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond reputepop_rocks has a reputation beyond repute
so speaking of dark horses, where do you think the 9ers fall on the spectrum?
a friend was saying how they are way darker than jax but i think as long as jimmyG stays healthy they should be all right
i think they face the same problem as az playing in the nfc west, (rams x2, sea x2) but they should be an improved team
yeah nick foles...
mes kind of like fitzmagic where hes going to give you about four really good starts, and prob four bad games; but what about the other eight?
coming off a 5-11 season i think they will only get better led by their defense
/solid front line, good mid section and a mean secondary
plus dom capers is back on the coaching staff so even if the offense isnt burning down the house the defense will hopefully keep them in the close games
i was looking at their schedule and can see them starting off slow but they should be able to rack up some wins here and there
we are lucky that we live close enough to the coast that we get a nice breeze in the afternoon, if you went a couple miles inland the temps really start to climb
yeah those are the pants,i have some old suits and they are definitely made of a different material, more cotton i think
you can score full sets on amazon for like $40-50 bucks depending on the color
i usually wear just the pants part but sometimes you want to rock the look
you are selling yourself short baba and could totally pull this off man!
yeah a line or two about the winner would be fun, nothing too offensive or bad but just a go rams of something ike that
we got some time so if you want to get creative im all in!
hope you have a great long weekend brother, its summer time!

Old 05-26-2019, 02:23 PM #794
shithawk420

shithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivorshithawk420 is a survivor
Sorry ive been out guys.had a real crisis.anyway apparently the Bears got kickers but they arent better than Parkey? Oi vey.my dad drinks too much and listends to The Score.he says this years Bears is gonna be better than 85 Bears.i just say i cant wait till the season starts
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 05-26-2019, 05:17 PM #795
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Bababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to allBababooey is a name known to all
Hey Hawk good to hear from you! Sorry to hear youre having a crisis, life sometimes punches you in the gut, I know from experience. Hope ya’ll pull through though.
Bears had a minicamp where they had 8 kickers try out a 43yd FG and only 2 of them made it. Yeah, not inspiring a whole lot of confidence, but there’s a lot of time till real games start…
I think ur dad does drink too much if he thinks next years team will be better than the 85 one. But we’ll see, I have high hopes.

If garappolo starts week 1 and stays healthy all year I could see the 49ers doing pretty well, maybe winning 8 games or more. Despite investing heavily in their D-Line the last few drafts their run D wasn’t great, but now with Nick Bosa at Edge rusher they can move soloman Thomas inside, to his more natural position. If their D can be stout again they have a chance to be special, maybe better than the hawks but still behind the rams.
Not sure why foles was better coming off the bench with the eagles, I think he’s more consistent than Fitzmagic and keeps turnovers lower. Ur right, if he can make a play or two and avoid TO’s, with that D and run game they should be very good.
I know packers fans weren’t too happy with dom capers Defense the last few years (he was their DC from 09-17), but he’s just a sr defensive asst with the jags so maybe he wont be calling plays. He’ll also have more overall talent and less injuries than he did with the pack, and no matter how good a coach u are you cant make chicken s!@# into chicken salad.

Yeah, it’s sort of the same here, the lake keeps things cooler and breezier, especially when summer starts, but I imagine with the ocean the effect is more pronounced.

Ill have to look into the track suits online, maybe in the summer they’ll be a bit cheaper if demand is less. I’ll probably wear the whole outfit during the winter, I keep the stat at like 65 cause im cheap. The woman constantly complains but the dogs like it.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:36 PM #796
pop_rocks

yeah good to see you hawk
sucks about the crisis man;we cant choose the cards life deals, but you just play them the best you can
i guess im half as drunk as your dad because i think he is right,this years bears defense will be something special

the 9rs have a decent team if garappolo is there and the defense takes a step forward
i think nick bosa is going to bring the same intensity as his brother and should be a force from day one; plus he will also bring up the guys around him
i see foles as a place holder until jax can find its new franchise qb, but i think he can win a few games and keep things interesting while the defense develops
good point about capers;you are right that he totally has way more pieces on the board in jax and we will see how they play this next year
whats on the menu this weekend baba'
we are heading to my buddies house later today for dinner and bringing a potato casserole thing and a poke cake
/i havent had a poke cake since i was in jr.high home ec.!
but its y buddies birthday and him and the mrs got started talking cake...
sounds grindin!
hope you are all having a great weekend guys!

Old 05-27-2019, 04:34 PM #797
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Yeah Hawk, so long as you keep chiming in once in a while, let us know youre still around, we’ll be happy.

Joey’s brother seems like hes the most pro-ready of the rookie defensive players, and if he stays healthy all season he’ll probably win rookie of the year.

Foles is 30, if he plays well for 5-7 years he’ll be more than a stop gap starter for the jags, but ur right, if he’s not worth the $$ they paid for him (22M/yr, 2 years guaranteed) they’ll move on and find a cheap QB in the draft.

Capers coached the packer’s D during their super bowl run in 2010-11, that was when clay Matthews was in his prime. Injuries and subpar drafting gutted that Defense starting 5 years ago and Capers coaching wasn’t able to compensate. Mike Pettine was the DC for the packers last year and they weren’t that much better (22nd in pts allowed vs 26th in capers’ last year) but maybe the offense not being great had something to do with it. Rodgers had a somewhat poor season by his standards last year.

When you said poke cake I thought you meant a sushi type cake. Ive had a spicy tuna roll appetizer that was shaped like a small round cake, with the fish, cabbage/carrots, edamame, avocado in different layers. Sort of an interesting take on traditional sushi, and poke bowls are supposed to be a hot new food craze.
But I looked up poke cake and those things look good, you can even use liquor as the ‘filling’ that you pour into the holes. Not sure if it’s possible to get drunk on rum cake, but sweets and liquor, my two favorite things in one dish? Sheeeee…iiiiitt….

I don’t think I ever took home ec in school, maybe I did but cant remember. I do remember taking shop in jr high, and my shop teacher was missing like 3 fingers, so u knew that when he talks about saws being dangerous u better pay attention.

Old 05-27-2019, 05:33 PM #798
pop_rocks

yeah i took wood shop in school
/the teacher was cool and would let me sharpen my knifes with the classes stones
home ec was rad, a room filled with girls and your classwork often included food
last night the poke cake came out amazing! my friend went nutto over it and was eating huge slabs topped with ice cream
he liked it so much, when we said we would just leave him the pan and his face totally lit up!
/the cake good but it was too moist
the lady and girl love that po'ke stuff your talking about and they will eat it up in all styles;im not a fan of raw fish so im not really down
its funny you mention sweet drinks because last night my friends brother had this bottle of baileys that he was drinking
sweet, almost like an ice cream but anything more than a sip and i would have to take one of those lactose pills
but i guess you could soak a cake in something like that, or a kalua (for coffee flavor) and get a nice taste
i agree that n.bosa is the most pro-ready player in the draft
he did pull his leg in ots and might have to learn to harness his intensity, but i think hes going to be something special
i dont think foles is the qb of the future for the jags, but we will see how he plays this year
they dont really have much as far as proven players at qb so its all in on bdn this season
/checks the roster... im sure jax is going to be spending some extra time scouting qbs this year
so got any plans for later today? baba
we have some meat going and are going for a fun walk later today
hope you are enjoying the nice easy start to the week

Old 05-28-2019, 03:54 PM #799
Bababooey
Horse-toothed Jackass

Heh, ur shop teacher let you sharpen ur knives? Like a small pocket knife, or did you bring a big ass bowie knife to class?

Yeah, im trying to remember if I took home ec and I don’t think I did, I think id remember if I took a class with mostly girls. Plus, I don’t remember actually cooking anything, so…

Yeah, poke cake seems like it would be moist, with the liquid filling going into all the holes throughout the cake. What kind of frosting did you use for it? I like sweets but most cakes and cupcakes from the grocery store has this thick sugary frosting that is just too much for me. I prefer a less sweet buttercream frosting, it’s not so overpowering of the actual cake itself.

I think there’s some poke bowl type restaurants in Chicago now, haven’t been but the woman likes that stuff. Although I can just buy sashimi grade tuna at the Asian grocery store, they sell frozen blocks of red tuna for like $8, I once made the woman like 3-4 poke powls out of one block, she really enjoyed that.

Yeah, the irish cream liquor is best as a mixer, especially with coffee, and for baking with. It’s a little too sweet to drink on its own, but it does have 17% alcohol, half as strong as most hard liquor but a decent amount nonetheless.

I didn’t know nick bosa pulled his hamstring at mini-camp. Dang, he missed most of his last college season with a core muscle injury that needed surgery. Guess all those roids made his muscles too strong for his own good. But seriously, the best ability is availability, he could be JJ Watt 2.0 but if he cant stay healthy he doesn’t do the niners much good…

The sad thing is that if foles is halfway decent, they have a good D like you said, so they might win 6-8 games a year the next 2 years, meaning theyre not gonna get a shot at a top college QB unless they trade up. Tua, Fromm, Herbert all come out next year, Trevor Lawrence the year after that. They might be the answer to the jags at QB but they’ll all go top 5, probably, well maybe fromm might go top 10…

It’s been raining frequently so I haven’t had any grill time just yet but maybe once June hits and weather stays dry for a few days at a time I can do something about that.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2019, 01:47 AM #800
pop_rocks

happening baba'
i made some pork ribs on the smokey joe yesterday; indirect heat and wrapped in foil they came out pretty good
i ended up tearing a couple of the wrappers so they cooked a little faster than i had wanted but i still got a good three hours on a low heat
i need to work on my dry rub because i think they came out a bit too seasoned for me; a touch too spicy for my taste but the mrs loved them
man an block of sushi grade offers so many options, have you ever made your own hand rolls?
i got this plastic musubi box at a store we have called dyso (sp?) ;its like a 99yen store
they sell all these really cool japanese items for about $1 -$3, but the quality is way better than what you find at the dollar stores
place your sea weed wrapper in it, fill the box with your choice of toppings and cap it and you have this musubi thing that is really good
i dident have anything really good when i was a kid, mostly those buck knifes but the teacher was cool
i have a few nice blades now ranging from edc knives to full on zombie killer hand swords
/actually a 18" kershaw machette
so it sounds like foles might have had a family issue this past weekend
hes been excused from all otas but it dosent sounds like its something with him
also heard richie incognito got signed to the raiders! first v.burfect and now incognito; looks like they might be trying to resurrect the old raiders smash mouth playing style
i am thinking that with all the down time because of the injury,bosa was just pushing himself way too hard and trying to really make an impression with his new team
hopefully he will learn to manage some of that intensity and not over do it on practice
like you said he isnt helping the team taped up on the bench
hope you had a great holiday weekend and your week is off to a great start!
/tomorrow is already wed so we are ahead of the game brother