Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding

Thread Title Search
Phylos Bioscience sparks outrage after announcing their beginning their own breeding Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2019, 08:05 AM #421
clearheaded

clearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really niceclearheaded is just really nice
they dont need to prevent it to be cloned folks. they just have to get the gov to have rules that force any legal grower to buy the clones if want that registered patented GENOTYPE.

monsanto does this and why farmers are forced to purchase seeds now and cannot grow from there own seed stock... prettty fd up! monsanto sued guys who did saying could be cross pollinated with there patented canola etc.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:02 PM #422
Brother Nature

Brother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Nature has a reputation beyond repute
Or we could just keep growing it illegally like we have since it was first outlawed in the 1300's, the 1700's, the 1800's and the 1900's...

A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man from the mistakes of others.
Brother Nature is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:22 PM #423
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyballs View Post
Do you think it is possible to get it to change sex or go to autoflower before it roots?

Would there be a viable alternative type of prevention?
Not change sex no, auto flower is easy and feminised autos are the easiest line to protect, but they won't be running lines, they will be running specific clones. So they won't want autos. And they'll obviously be female clones, so feminised seeds or regular makes no difference to the clones, so where's the advantage to the lab to make them that way? Unless they release b grade seeds to commercial farmers a la Monsanto.
The stuff sold by the ton to pharma will be their own exclusive clone for repeatable ratios. The way they will protect it is the same way everything of value is protected, high security, legal contracts and lobbying for favourable laws.
Breeders rights etc only apply to stuff that others will get their hands on. And then only restrict visible growers.
GMT is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:48 PM #424
mr.brunch

mr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivormr.brunch is a survivor
Luckily we have an extensive underground in the cannabis community, so we will not be reliant on upstart jokers.

Still anticipating that p-13 clone though

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

Well they tell me ‘bout the pie up in the sky,
Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you’re born and when you die,
They never seem to hear even your cry.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: csg dead chem head- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360280

Mars hydro ts1000 test- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362526

csg triangle cheesedog x London church testers- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362387
mr.brunch is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:12 PM #425
Drunken Buddha

Drunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really niceDrunken Buddha is just really nice
Jay Michaels of NorCal Seeds and Genetics comments on patent laws and Phylos:

https://www.patentdocs.org/2017/11/biotech-institutes-growing-patent-portfolio-us-patent-no-9095554-and-the-path-forward.html

Last edited by Drunken Buddha; 05-22-2019 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: add info
Drunken Buddha is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2019, 08:55 PM #426
izzypog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
Though in the 70's they probably didn't even see weed getting this good.

lol, I hear this a lot.......I was smoking then and I'm still smoking now and I'd rather have one gram of a tropical sativa grown that was grown in the ground and under the sun than an ounce of just about any modern hybrid that was grown under lights in 8 weeks....why? because it's all about the quality of the high.

Today's bud smells great, tastes great, finishes flowering in 8 weeks not 5 months, yields 3 times more and is stronger but the highs are mostly boring with a short duration...when was the last time you were exhilarated or inspired or delighted and high for 4 hours after smoking a joint of today's bud? When was the last time you had laughed so much that your stomach hurt next day? When was the last time you had a creative thought after smoking today's hybrids?

Most bud nowadays gives a short, strong, boring buzz, I just can't call it a "high", it's more like a "low" as it dumbs down and doesn't uplift.

Just pictures from a cannabis cup way back it all looked like trash

Back in the 70's it was always about the quality of the high, looks or smell never mattered (why would it?)...the only reason I smoke cannabis is to get high. Now days, it's all about looks, smell, flowering duration, yield....the quality of the high is not mentioned most of the time.

I was wrong, I really thought that as soon as the US, California especially became legal then we would see every one growing sativas that take 5 ~ 6 months to complete flowering...but instead all we see is more fatter, faster, stronger, bigger hybrids that have boring, monotone effects.

The high from today's buds is about as good as practicing guitar in your room, the high from a great 70's tropical sativa was like playing a lead guitar solo in front of 10,000 cheering fans...that's the difference, but you can keep smoking your pretty, scented buds and I'll keep smoking my sun grown sativas.
YES! Exactly. That is what I have been looking for.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:33 PM #427
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Not true as much you say you are are just wrong PHYLOS has no DEA permits.
I am not defending any of PHYLOS actions, I am correcting the Tin-Foil-Hat wearers, accusers that have zero idea of the truth.

-SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
^^^ That won't happen.

Phylos and it's partners have had DEA approval for long time now and we'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 05-24-2019 at 06:46 PM..
Sam_Skunkman is online now Quote

Old 05-23-2019, 10:51 PM #428
englishrick
Plumber/Builder

englishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant futureenglishrick has a brilliant future
Are you going to make a definitive statement at a later date Sam,?,,, is it basically still up in the air atm?,, il let you lead then il check ya footsteps

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:45 PM #429
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman View Post
My wife is a liver transplant and also need Meds daily from Big Pharma or she will reject her liver.
I know about her liver transplant thing was reading about that last night.
Must be hard dealing with that seeing the liver is very important for health.

How many solo cups does one need?

Who created the Original Skunks?
troutman is offline Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 02:02 PM #430
JonathanT

JonathanT will become famous soon enoughJonathanT will become famous soon enough
My dogs must be f1s because their f2s were all over the place. ��
JonathanT is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.