Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Peak Seeds Northern Lights

Thread Title Search
Peak Seeds Northern Lights Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2018, 10:59 AM #61
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
I saw someone had mentioned in this thread that a Sensi male had been used in the breeding of Peak's NL. I was curious to what the background on his NL was and asked. Mike J. said that Sensi genetics were never used in his NL line. He said he used the old BC Seed Companies NL and added a bit of Hemcy's NL around 2007. He said he's been inbreeding since, modeling it after the NL#5 from the 90's.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:00 AM #62
BMISS genetics

MJ is a really good guy.... I always recommend him to anyone wanting to get good genetics for a cheap price....

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:58 AM #63
SandyFantasyman

Location: Painted Hawaii, on the edge of the volcano (but when forced into reality: Canada)
SandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really nice
Rather than a new thread, I figured I'd post here and bump the whole shebang, as it's a good thread about a good breeder.

Here's a photo of PS NL, day 12 from flipping to flower.

Last edited by SandyFantasyman; 05-21-2019 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: replaced thumbnail with full photo
SandyFantasyman is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:59 AM #64
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

JustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant futureJustSumTomatoes has a brilliant future
Beautiful plant there SandyFantasyman. How's it smelling for you? Mine had a pine, with a hint of burnt rubber in the background type of smell. They weren't the strongest smelling plants, but I wouldn't describe it as being low odor.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:20 PM #65
SandyFantasyman

Location: Painted Hawaii, on the edge of the volcano (but when forced into reality: Canada)
SandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really niceSandyFantasyman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Beautiful plant there SandyFantasyman. How's it smelling for you? Mine had a pine, with a hint of burnt rubber in the background type of smell. They weren't the strongest smelling plants, but I wouldn't describe it as being low odor.
Right now there isn't much ambient smell. For both the mom and the dad, though, when I clip fan leaves with my thumbnail there is a skunky aroma. The skunk is all I recall from the dad(chopped him last week). I clipped a few fans from the mom this morning to try to answer this post and the skunk is the strongest scent, but there are other subtler ones that I can't quite identify.

I'm not at all good at describing smells or tastes, as this post makes obvious. Hope this was of some use.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:52 AM #66
noknees

noknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura aboutnoknees has a spectacular aura about
is he still filling orders? have an envelope stuffed, but never sent it. kicking myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
I saw someone had mentioned in this thread that a Sensi male had been used in the breeding of Peak's NL. I was curious to what the background on his NL was and asked. Mike J. said that Sensi genetics were never used in his NL line. He said he used the old BC Seed Companies NL and added a bit of Hemcy's NL around 2007. He said he's been inbreeding since, modeling it after the NL#5 from the 90's.
there's nothing posted that reminds me even vaguely of the sensi cut. especially the smells. unmistakable.
noknees is offline Quote

Old 05-22-2019, 09:35 AM #67
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

noknees, these are the quotes at the beginning of the thread that I was referring to. I never grew Sensi's NL so I can't compare it to Peak's, but I would take the breeders word that it was NOT used in it. When I asked MJ about it he said he wasn't sure how the Sensi rumor came to be. Makes me wonder if when the breeder mentioned adding "Hemcy's" in there, it was meant with a wink. Whether or not there is Sensi there I would say that Peak's NL is a great all round strain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
^^ No, I found it to be stable and expect the seeds to provide me with good genetics. I never deal with clones anyways for legal and other reasons.

The BCSC NL is about ready to be flipped into flower, expecting top notch genetics there too. Peak used BCSC NL crossed to Sensi NL to get his strain or that is what I read on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fogey View Post
This is correct information about the Sensi male, I have it in writing from Mike J. himself on that.

As for the BCSC #5 mother, Mike said the plant's performance had begun to drop off and he was looking to re-invigorate the strain - which I took to mean he bred a completely new mother using mostly genetics from the original.

Cerainly, when I placed my first order in September 2015, Mike advised that the NL beans he had for sale at that time were not his "premium" NL, advising me to wait for harvesting of a superior NL product, which I later ordered some months later..

So again, I suspect Peak Seeds is using a new Northern Lights mother plant.

Peace

Old 05-23-2019, 06:02 PM #68
SandyFantasyman

I hope OP doesn't mind me putting pics in this thread. I will happily cease, just say the word.

Three days from last time, so 15f. Sorry it looks bleached out, it looked a lot more clear on the original photo.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:50 PM #69
SandyFantasyman

12 days later
Peak NL 27f
A bit of nute burn on the tips, my bad. The damage on the lower leaves happened during defoliation. Still doing decently.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:27 PM #70
JustSumTomatoes
Senior Insomniac

Any shots of the whole plant?