What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neighbors dogs camped outside my homestead.

hayday

Veteran
Get out the ElectroLux and that will be the end of it .Just kidding fest... good luck with the pups.Dont hurt em

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I and the whole area around me, we all have acreage. The tweakers on the corner have dogs that pack up and do nothing but cause problems, one neighbor raises birds and the dogs have killed one of his birds, he called animal control and they told him there is nothing they can do unless they catch the dogs in his yard, they almost killed my dog a couple years ago. I have talked to yelled at them and they say we are trying to keep our dogs in our yard. Animal control says if you shoot them and they don’t die you are responsible for the vet bills. Bascailly it comes down to if the owners don’t contain their dogs there is not much you can do. I saw animal control at their house honking at the gate and the people and dogs just hid and never came to the gate. I would get a handle on it as soon as you can. This has been going on for a long time with me, and basically there is nothing we can do short of trapping or killing their dogs...

Sounds like something that could be fixed with 5 gallons of gas and a match,not the dogs of course.

festerous

Veteran
So the neighbors showed up at some point this morning. Just long enough to tie the dogs up then they left.
Aside from the dogs barking and yelping most of the day all was good.
The property which they are leasing lies down a hill in a heavily wooded area.I couldn't see the dogs from the road but I can only wonder what they are using to secure them.

My wife and daughter went to town to do some laundry and errands.
Then we got a severe thunderstorm that seemed to hover over the area for about three hours.

I got a text from the wife saying the bridge is gone and she can't get home.

We live at the end of a private road and the bridge which is about a half mile away is but a huge plastic culvert topped with gravel.

So me and our puppy walked down the the creek and sure enough the creek was now twelve feet wide and about three foot deep with water rushing through it.
So there is my wife and daughter with ourJeep on the other side of this now raging river.
And Euronymous our 10 week old puppy decides it would be a good idea to greet them on the other side.
So he jumps in and gets washed away down stream, it's pitch black out and my wife and daughter are screaming hysterically.
About a minute later puppy comes running through the woods to greet them.
Fuckin crazy awesome dog somehow made it!
I was sure he was a gonner.
I then walked back to the homestead and got my extension ladder and carried it down the hillside to where the creek was.
Made a second trip to grab some scrap OSB I had laying around and made a temporary bridge across the violent waters.

If my wife hadn't went to do laundry we would be stuck here untill the culvert gets repaired and unable to get to work or town for food and supplies.

As for the neighbors I'm hope that the half mile walk up a mountain side will discourage them enough that they pack up and move somewhere else.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If you do shoot them, do it one at a time, at least a week apart, and drag them where they won't be found by the owners...

LEO & game wardens here say to "shoot, shovel, and STFU" RE problem animals. the law is too restrictive to be effective. dogs running deer & attacking livestock/pets/people should be killed on sight...JMHO

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
My dad's neighbor's dog kept chasing his horses in the paddocks and even lunged at him once. The neighbor wouldn't tie him up to keep him from roaming so the old man caught him and castrated him. Dog never came back.

G

Gauss

I don't love all dogs, I love my dog. If anything screws with my dog, I don't care what it is, it's getting put in the ground at my own humane discretion and I'll sleep well. Yes, it's the owners who failed their pets, but doesn't mean I will fail mine due to the consequences of that.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the neighbors showed up at some point this morning. Just long enough to tie the dogs up then they left.
The property which they are leasing lies down a hill in a heavily wooded area.I couldn't see the dogs from the road but I can only wonder what they are using to secure them.

Then we got a severe thunderstorm that seemed to hover over the area for about three hours.

We live at the end of a private road and the bridge which is about a half mile away is but a huge plastic culvert topped with gravel.

So me and our puppy walked down the the creek and sure enough the creek was now twelve feet wide and about three foot deep with water rushing through it.
So there is my wife and daughter with ourJeep on the other side of this now raging river.
And Euronymous our 10 week old puppy decides it would be a good idea to greet them on the other side.
So he jumps in and gets washed away down stream, it's pitch black out and my wife and daughter are screaming hysterically.
I then walked back to the homestead and got my extension ladder and carried it down the hillside to where the creek was.
Made a second trip to grab some scrap OSB I had laying around and made a temporary bridge across the violent waters.

If my wife hadn't went to do laundry we would be stuck here untill the culvert gets repaired and unable to get to work or town for food and supplies.

As for the neighbors I'm hope that the half mile walk up a mountain side will discourage them enough that they pack up and move somewhere else.
One word:
Unimog

dddaver

Veteran
One word:
Unimog

What's that? I tried Merriam Websters, Google, and Urban Dictionary. Only thing I found was this: Unimog - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unimog
Unimog is a range of multi-purpose all-wheel drive medium trucks produced by Daimler (formerly Daimler-Benz) and sold under the brand name Mercedes-Benz. In the United States and Canada, the Unimog was sold as the Freightliner Unimog.

I'm pretty sure that's not it. Or do you suggest he run them over?

X

xavier7995

Pretty sure it was just in reference to getting over the flooded river/washed out bridge.

QQNPK

Holy crap my heart stopped for a moment reading that so happy the puppy is okay. A hell of a situation your in right now best of luck with that :tiphat:

festerous

Veteran
The neighbors have not been here since Thursday morning. I would hope they left the dogs big bowls of food and water.
But unfortunately the rain has most likely turned the food to mush and has probably washed away.
So we have been feeding them and they are a little more trusting of us.
I found out through the grapevine that they are several hundred miles away at the moment.
So we will continue to feed them for the time being.

As for the culvert, I found it today about a quarter mile downstream. It is fucken heavy and could not move it.

The rest of my neighbors are awesome and are going to help us retrieve it in the morning using come- a-longs and tow straps.

I love where we live, everyone besides the new neighbors that are homesteading on these two hundred acres are like minded and will do anything to help each other out.

G

Gauss

That's good to hear. Community is really important, I think lots of people forget that in their pushbutton lives.

Bobby Boucher

That sucks.

If I were in your situation, I don't know that I would have it in me to shoot the dogs, but the only other semi-logical solution is for you and your loved ones to carry pistols or bear mace whenever you aren't indoors.

If the neighbors really are hundreds of miles away, I think animal control might not be such a regrettable option, either.

Take it from the guy with a cleft lip from trying to befriend a neglected dog. Shit is not a game. Having your face torn apart is bad enough for man, let alone for a woman or a girl. I hate the guberment too, and I don't snitch for nuttin', but I might make an exception for a couple animal abusers to save your daughters beautiful face.

These people are obviously fucking morons. I highly doubt trying to reason with them will have any positive impact on the situation. People who abuse animals are mentally and morally defective from the get go.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That sucks.

If I were in your situation, I don't know that I would have it in me to shoot the dogs, but the only other semi-logical solution is for you and your loved ones to carry pistols or bear mace whenever you aren't indoors.

If the neighbors really are hundreds of miles away, I think animal control might not be such a regrettable option, either.

Take it from the guy with a cleft lip from trying to befriend a neglected dog. Shit is not a game. Having your face torn apart is bad enough for man, let alone for a woman or a girl. I hate the guberment too, and I don't snitch for nuttin', but I might make an exception for a couple animal abusers to save your daughters beautiful face.

These people are obviously fucking morons. I highly doubt trying to reason with them will have any positive impact on the situation. People who abuse animals are mentally and morally defective from the get go.

I'd give them 4 tylenol in a few meatballs each. Problem solved.

festerous

Veteran
After making a mess rummaging through our burn barrel. The three dogs came onto our property and stole our puppies new bone. So followed them onto the neighbors leased property to get the bone back.

This was the first time I had actually walked down to their campsite. As we have been giving them food and water at the cul-de-sac at the front of our property.

It was trashed, tent destroyed, chewed up cans of food and plastic spice bottles everywhere mixed in with the rest of the trash and debris.
This land was pristine and in it's natural state but a month ago.
I only ventured far enough to get the bone back then returned home.

At this point I was pretty sure they had abandoned camp and the dogs.
When my wife got home after work, we walked down to the campsite as I wanted to get her opinion as to what the neighbors intentions were.

Behind the tent was a crate covered with a towel.
When I lifted up the towel there were four sickly looking puppies that have had no food or water for 4-5 days.

Now, we new they had a crate of puppies but assumed they took them with them and left the older dogs to fend for themselves.

Unable to get ahold of the money grubber who is leasing the property to these degenerate fucks.

We drove to town to buy proper puppy food and treats for these poor unfortunate creatures.

On the way back we got a text from one of the neighbors saying the new neighbors just drove by and were on the way to the property.

Just as we pulled on to our private road here comes the neighbors leaving again.
Now the road is very narrow we had to do a bit of manuvering to get by them.

The degenerate neighbor lady rolls down her window and said the creek is washed out and she can't get up to her property. And asks how we are getting to our property.
We told her we walked

We said have a nice evening and headed to check on her campsite hoping we wouldn't need the puppy food and our dogs would have some extra treats this week.

The big dogs were gone and things were looking up, but the crate was still behind the tent.

Sadly, we found two dead puppies in the crate and four live ones.

We didn't notice the dead ones earlier as we were shocked to find that our new neighbors left their puppies behind.
They had been dead for more than a few days as they fell apart when we removed them and cleaned up the cage.

It was dark and we did the best job we could cleaning up the cage and making their situation a bit better.

As we were leaving we found another full grown dog tied to a tree with an electrical chord around her neck.

She was hiding under a pile of brush and the chord was tangled. She only had about a foot of freedom.

She seemed good natured and was very happy to eat for the first time in five days. We gave her plenty of food, treats, spring water and tied her out with plenty of room to stretch her legs.

Poor dog was starving to death whilst listening to her puppies starve to death. Unable to reach them.

We are going to take them to a shelter in the morning so hopefully they can recover and have a chance at a better life.

As for the neighbors fuck them

Last edited:

hayday

Veteran
Not wanting to be the Judge and Jury but those people do not deserve animals. Or air...You're a good guy ,caring for the pups

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You did the right things - at least after this you can have a clear conscience - knowing that you helped -

dddaver

Veteran
Although I'm very adverse to ANY gubment involvement, animal cruelty is one thing I just can't abide. Call SPCA and let them do the rest.