What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blueberry Trials

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Bluedigiberry from VerdantGreen is the current leader. Real blueberry tasting pot and effect. Amazing! Pics in post 255. Seeds available through Real Gorilla. (Sidenote: Verdantgreen's Bubba Kush is also excellent)

**The search is back on with DJ SHORT BlueBerry F4. Coverage starts on page 22** update 12/21

Other company BlueBerry strains will be testing this winter. Hazeman and Dutch Passion.

As far as side by side the Trial did not go as planned, my fault as I did not receive a large order of seeds and got busy, but it is going and all are welcome to add pics of Blueberry plants and info.

Welcome Blueberry heads!

beta

Veteran
Very interested to see how this goes. I have a sneaking suspicion that real deal Blueberry doesn't exist.

Everyone says they've tasted it, but nobody actually has a true blueberry flavored clone. My guess is people are mis-remembering OR their herb was artificially flavored.

I've grown TONS of DJ Short Blueberry and never once found anything even remotely Blueberry flavored.

Santa Cruz Blue Dream is one of my favorite clones to grow. Supposedly, one of its parents is DJ Short's Blueberry. It tastes like blue metal and vanilla, but nothing like blue berry.

jayd

carnt wait to see how this turns out. love the old school strains. i prefer the indica blueberry myself, been a long time since ive come across any
good luck

GoatCheese

Veteran
Very interested to see how this goes. I have a sneaking suspicion that real deal Blueberry doesn't exist.

Everyone says they've tasted it, but nobody actually has a true blueberry flavored clone. My guess is people are mis-remembering OR their herb was artificially flavored.

I've grown TONS of DJ Short Blueberry and never once found anything even remotely Blueberry flavored.

Santa Cruz Blue Dream is one of my favorite clones to grow. Supposedly, one of its parents is DJ Short's Blueberry. It tastes like blue metal and vanilla, but nothing like blue berry.
LOL. Yea, we're making it all up.
Here's a Dutch Passion's Blueberry i grew years a go that had a blueberry muffin aroma.

I'm not a huge BB guy these days, but some BB indicas sure are nice.

picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I can assure everyone true fresh blueberry tasting cannabis exists and it isn't just a memory. Subcool said he never found a good blueberry, he uses super soil which is too hot. Overfeed them and it ruins the flavors. It is difficult to grow blueberry.

Good call on the peak seeds, I didn't think of them.

I was planning on DJ Blueberry but not true blueberry. But why not, might as well document the differences.

Great suggestions thanks!

Goatcheese, that is a beautiful plant!

Bmac1

Veteran
Hemp Depot has blueberry f2 from beanhorder and Joey Weed. That might be a good spot to check.

G

growhigh1233

you guys know me ................ im a sucker for blueberry :biggrin: #subbed

G

growhigh1233

oh they exist................. weed snobbery stops some people from finding tho ..............i know for a fact its in the dutch passion regular line ...rare,, but its in there .............i agree about DJ'S line tho

Lifebreather

Veteran

I've seen dozens of blueberry cuts and even more crosses.

Never, not once, have I came across any blueberry flavor.

Lots of blueberry smells, though. The stankiest blueberry cut I've ever come across made the room absolutely REEK of blueberries, had no potency and no flavor to speak of.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Nothing revolutionary but...

DJ Short - True Blueberry and Blueberry

I always wondered how these differed

Ive grew both and honestly was very dissapointed. And yes my seeds were from gypsy. I grew the Dutch Passion Blueberry in the early mid 2000s and it's far and away better. You might ask how that is?? Because DP probably done the pheno hunt and found something. That's something else about DJ Short I feel the 4-5 packs of TB is 100% breeder seeds, I remember some great males in the TB. And it's kinda like that with DJs BB but it's alot more easier to find something half decent. And I grew DJs stuff in the early mid 2000s also.....so I can't really say what there like now lol. I grew a Seedsman BB recently ...its definitely got some awesome plants, but it's not old school BB but really good

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
I can assure everyone true fresh blueberry tasting cannabis exists and it isn't just a memory. Subcool said he never found a good blueberry, he uses super soil which is too hot. Overfeed them and it ruins the flavors. It is difficult to grow blueberry.

Good call on the peak seeds, I didn't think of them.

I was planning on DJ Blueberry but not true blueberry. But why not, might as well document the differences.

Great suggestions thanks!

Goatcheese, that is a beautiful plant!

watched one of his weed nerd episodes month or so back he got a pack of newberry to try in veg they didn't look happy. he said how he struggled with blueberry before. i smoked amazing blueberry once got it at a smaller music festival.

highsteppa

Veteran
The stretch-indica plant w/golf ball buds with some stick in between them is the originally blueberry description with the bb flavor it was known for in the mid/late 90’s.
We have it locally in clone form called “blueberry cake” from Pittsburgh, Pa...very old cut but still bomb and breeds very well.

popta

If you're from canada you've probably done this one before, but Jordan of the Islands is still a huge blueberry fan and has his straight blueberry available

igrowone

Veteran
i was curious about the DP blueberry, thanks to the members that recollected their experiences
and have seem some other posts that say the same
that DP has some rare real deal BB phenos

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
anyone try sagarmatha's blueberry think he has couple different ones. tried a few of his strains over the years

Happy Times

I've been planning this project for awhile now and it is time to get underway. Seeds will not be sprouted until the end of August, as I am gathering the genetics over the course of the next few months.

I am going to grow every Blueberry I can find side by side. I am building a new room specifically for this grow out. I will be using organic soil, HPS 1k lights.

Blueberry and I go back to the early 90's. We grew so much I never wanted to see the stuff again. The seed was purchased in Canada by a friend of a friend. They grew all the seeds and let them open pollinate, producing many many seeds.

I was gifted several hundred which I grew out, keeping the best or most interesting female plants. The results were incredible. A squat classic blueberry indica leaning plant that reeked and tasted of blueberries. A sativa leaning pale green flower with a blueish tint that was racy, heart pounding heaven for me back then. And many others with tastes ranging from vanilla, coffee, hash, fruits, the whole nine. Those flavors we're icing on the cake because it was the effect that initiated the love affair between blueberry and myself.

Everytime I browse seed sites I always wind up drooling over a blueberry of some kind, so I have decided to see what is out there in 2019.

I've read all kinds of things, grown several, and think it's time to put the available varieties and current clones to the test. Blueberry is difficult to grow properly, hence the poor reviews I read all the time. I am currently smoking some Blue Heaven I can taste the gold in so to speak. The effect is phenomenal, up, positive, long lasting, fridge raping, peaceful, Heaven.

I ask the members of ICMAG to let me know what seeds you would like to see grown out, they obviously need to be available currently. Also any clones people might have that want them to participate in this side by side, let me know. As many blueberry varieties as possible will make for some good information for those seeking the best blueberry genetics in the future.

NO BLUEBERRY CROSSES

This trial is for advertised straight blueberry.

I will make the list in this first post and update as seeds and clones are selected for the test.

Thanks ICMAG and have a toasty day!

Does MoB make your cut? Not sure if it’s considered a cross

Latest posts

Latest posts