What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Jesus and 'The Holy Bible':::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck what he says. Look at his actions.

What actions are not upholding christian morals?

He has to choose his battles right now, so not everything going on, is exactly how he wants it to operate. There are some bad advisors I think too. Of course the military industrial complex is hard to stop.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

He has to choose his battles right now, so not everything going on, is exactly how he wants it to operate. There are some bad advisors I think too. Of course the military industrial complex is hard to stop.

He lies, cheats and fucks whores.

What exactly are you trying to prove about christians or shithead?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Please expand a little! What is the basis for saying that? Thanks for sharing, TycoMonolyth! :D :smoke:
Well... let's start with emperor Constantine then to Merovingian king and Charlemagne and the conquering holy roman empire. Next we had the inquisition and reformation. In Christs name we were held hostage to the dark ages for 600 year!! My god... but hey... we still have the crusades and vatican rule of the world's largest army, and financial support of how many modern wars up to and including the Nazis. All in the name of Christ. Now fast forward to the Christian frauds in recent times and the financial fraud (Jim and Tammy fay just to mention one of the many), the murder, sexual exploitation, cultural genocide and lives destroyed by the church in residential schools.

I'm getting depressed. Fuck 'em all.

I think people have misinterpreted the Bible. By studying the Bible and praying to God/Jesus, God will allow you to learn Truth.

The only people who misinterpret the bible are those who study it. I mean it's simple man. Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. Faith (in humans), hope (for a better future) and charity (to those less fortunate). THAT'S IT. Nothing else. Period.

If you hear a preacher tell you "I have the answer" or "This is what it means", you're lost. We're in the 3rd epoch of man. Every 2000 years, about the time it takes for society to come to terms with the truth, a new revelation is bestowed on us.

- Epochs -
4000 years ago was the 1st epoch and revelation (old testament): God gave a savage society it's 1st laws. "An eye for an eye." If someone hurts you, you can hurt them back. This stops people from savagely taking what you have (including your life)

2000 years ago was the 2nd epoch and revelation (new testament): Ok... taking someone's eye may have been an accident. Even if it wasn't, we're not savages. So show compassion. You're not like them. "Turn the other cheek."

Today - The 3rd epoch of man and revelation (The Urantia Book): Society is older now. It's not just us anymore. Turn the other cheek, but defend the weak. Reach out for the greater good. You have a direct line to god. You don't need another person to communicate with god.
[iframeb]WOC0452cD4A[/iframeb]

Peace.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
If Trump represents the average Christian, then it's no wonder I generally don't like the average Christian. Pretty much the exact opposite of what your own Jesus preached in your own holy scriptures.

I'm not even a Trump hater, seriously. But to associate him with Christianity? Good Lord. That religion has been hijacked, apparently.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Gypsy said he wants us to enjoy the forum, just discuss and debate in a respectful way. We are brothers. I'm hoping to help people find truth in God and creation. Christianity really is the truth I believe in my heart! :smoke:

Damn good thing we have this god given weed in common. lol (ya. I believe also)

I find discussing god the same as discussing enlightenment, the multiverse, Aliens or a holographic reality. All are as likely as the next. I don't trust men, so I dug deeper and discovered something I can get my head into in the late 90s. And no... acid wasn't involved, but the person who showed it to me was into LSD big time. lol

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
What are you talking about? I'm able to discuss my thoughts how about you?
I'm saying that up till a few months ago your posts looked almost vaguely human, but the past 5-6 pages of your profile is somebody going through a nervous breakdown and lost all touch with the shared reality we are in. :tiphat: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt you aren't an account compromised by the russians.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

I'm positive that you're trolling.

White Beard

I was baptized at the age of eight, by special dispensation. Southern Baptist convention. I was serious and well-read for my age, but I had no defense against my mother’s weeping over her dear boy (me) going to hell for not having Jesus.

I had no defense against the sensation of being yelled at by God on Sunday, after being yelled at at home all week. I had no defense against the ad-hoc insistence of Christians that the Bible was to believed, not questioned or understood. I had no defense against the teachings as laid out in sermons, prayer meetings, bible-study, fellowship night, or Sunday school. I had no defense against the very different Christianity my mother practiced - the sort we now know as fundamentalist, evangelical, and inerrant....

The struggle to reconcile Christianity with Christianity eventually convinced me that not even Jesus could save me from the psychological and emotional damage I’d racked up by the time I broke with the church at 15 and began to look around. Fifty years on, I *still* find parts of myself that retain that damage.

Your posts of late strike me as those of one new to their faith, eager to share, and “filled with the spirit”...so this is probably be as far as I can go with you on this. Truly, I wish you well, and I leave you with this: listen to the Voice you have within; *IT* will not lie to you, and when the “word of god” from without contradicts it, choose wisely.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I would rather keep any Christian faith posts in just the one thread - as has been done with the Buddhists - linking it all up with politicians and shock-jock presenters seems a bit odd to me - especially when you include all the product spam from infowars - it just seems kinda ridiculous pipeline -

And sure - you are gonna get a lot of flak from those that have reason to be negative towards Christianity - I could wax lyrically about it myself -

Dog Star

Veteran
Jesus told that you need to pray to his heavenly father...

i dont get why Christians then pray to Jesus,Mary or any other saint cause God is
only one.. he also despise body so he dont need one..

YHWH is a only God... Wind,Fire,Water and Earth.. this elements will made your
life and be absolute over you... its actually very hard to put God in any shape
or body.. he alone is against shapes,bodies of any kind..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If I was omnipotent and all powerful - could create great miracles etc - for starters I would tweak the human brain (which supposedly I created) - to not desire to, or pursue any course of action that is detrimental in any way to our fellow men/women or children - Yes I would make it impossible for humanity to fight against each other or engage in war in any way - Secondly I would make everyone food and medicine/health care secure.

There are more wonderful things I would do if I was all powerful - and it makes me wonder - if there really is an omnipotent god - then where the heck is she/he/it? - because I can't say the he/she/it is doing a very good job of things - with all this trouble and strife, starving kids and nations going to war we have on this world all the time.

P'raps god took a long vacation? - or SABBATICAL as they say - one that has already lasted as long as humans have been walking the earth.

Bi-Bull meaning Two Bulls and a lot more plagiarism then books, verses and omissions hold in that revision of King James - No thanks ill pass by this crypto re-legion nonsense.. Thought that this was IcMag, not some place for the religious fanatics

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
God has purposes for His perfect creation we cannot imagine. Its all been made go honor Him. Creation is made for His glory. God's divine purposes for creation are hard for us to comprehend, but it has to do with renewal of life and creating new things. God wants redemption, and likes to see us overcome through trusting and following Him. He communicates to us through events that occur.

Will try to spend some time in here later. Lets study! Have a good weekend! Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys! :smoke:

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Why did god create cancer? - is it a celestially endowed form of population control?

- and the mosquito - which is humanities biggest killer - why did your god create such a thing to suck the blood of babies in the night - leaving them to suffer and die every minute of every hour of every day of every year - since time immemorial?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cancer has got more common since modern industrial society due to more toxic compounds. God's design is perfect though. Because of the difficult things we go through, things happen that couldn't have otherwise occurred. Its God's design, we will never know everything that happens. With God all things are possible.

God knows the heart, he wants us to remain thankful and keep the hope of the glory of God's creation.