What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plastic mesh grow bags vs cloth

Never seen before.

Looks very very intresting.
Alot of air i see here.
NICE.

You must do watering so they run off little water in the bottom always with these
im pretty shure.
And the good thing is that you cant overwater almost i think with these.

I think i will try these. Must see if i can order them to my Country

Cool thing
They look really nice to me.

iM pretty shure i can take off 10% perlite and 10% of the coco in my soil mix, and use 20% + more soil .
This can be really nice for indoors grow.

Is there anyone who ever use them or know more info?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Never seen before.

Looks very very intresting.
Alot of air i see here.
NICE.

You must do watering so they run off little water in the bottom always with these
im pretty shure.
And the good thing is that you cant overwater almost i think with these.

I think i will try these. Must see if i can order them to my Country

Cool thing
They look really nice to me.

iM pretty shure i can take off 10% perlite and 10% of the coco in my soil mix, and use 20% + more soil .
This can be really nice for indoors grow.

Is there anyone who ever use them or know more info?
Folks leave footprints...

You can still over water them or cloth pots. It will help you but, please stop propagating you can't over water a pot using these pots!

G

Folks leave footprints...

You can still over water them or cloth pots. It will help you but, please stop propagating you can't over water a pot using these pots!

Pretty sure thats not what he is saying or myself either. Some of us can figure out how to water.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Pretty sure thats not what he is saying or myself either. Some of us can figure out how to water.
... it's a long story re: footprints!

I use them myself (cloth pots) and it is definitely a misnomer that you can't over water using them. That is what I am saying IME.

No one have say LETS OVER WATER THEM ALLTIME.

These pots looks really nice.

I must try them :)

Switcher56 you use these ones ?

please tell us how they are ?

These are super air pots i think ?
Normal dirtpots is made of alot cotton i think ?

These are only plastic?

I can see that air roots get already

h.h.

Veteran
I think your sides would stay too dry, regardless of how you water.

I don't like the regular fabric pots for the same reason.
I think still better than solid plastic.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I think your sides would stay too dry, regardless of how you water.

I don't like the regular fabric pots for the same reason.
I think still better than solid plastic.
If you use them (cloth pots) as designed, they work just fine IME. Mine are on a schedule of W D D F D D W. I vary the amount of water they receive by what the plant tells me. I am experienced with "screened pots" so it was a no brainer for me. OTOH, don't mess with what you are doing if it is working out for you. OTOH if it doesn't, may as well be receptive to new ideas.

h.h.

Veteran
If you use them (cloth pots) as designed, they work just fine IME. Mine are on a schedule of W D D F D D W. I vary the amount of water they receive by what the plant tells me. I am experienced with "screened pots" so it was a no brainer for me. OTOH, don't mess with what you are doing if it is working out for you. OTOH if it doesn't, may as well be receptive to new ideas.
I went from cloth to these and haven't looked back.

picture.php
picture.php

acespicoli

nice to see some other people here asking this question
(alot of grow bags are non woven plastic yuck )

hemp, jute/burlap all natural, is my latest choice

I went from cloth to these and haven't looked back.

View ImageView Image

Nice
These Green Grow Pots are they expensive?

I like the price on these
Gro Pro® Elite Commercial Grow Bag

5 gallon only about 7-us dollar

pg19_000105.jpg

Sometimes you need start watering from the sides

with these pots i think. ?
Just like the Fabric Textile Pots needs.

The best is No Root Bound Ever.
I dont use Normal Plastic pots ever again. Because they

Root Bound

Now i use Airpots plastic with holes, and Fabric Textile Pots also called Dirt Pots.

The Textile Fabric Pots are fine 3-5 times grow. Textile is Textile. Not for ever.

I like the idea with these Plastic Mesh grow bags because, i think they last LOOOOONG.
10 grows, maybe more even ?
And Price is very good also.

The only Down Side i can see is there is no handles on the sides ?
I like to lift my pots easy to find out by weight if they need Watering.

The Green Ones had nice blue handles on the sides.
I like that, this makes it very easy lift and feel the weight of the Pots to controll watering needs

picture.php

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
FWIW I cut my handles off as they get in the way. I pinch the pot with thumb and forefinger to lift them and judge their weight. Handles are just a nice touch but, not necessary :)

<<[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sometimes you need start watering from the sides>>

If you mean avoid the "center plug" then yes. You want your roots to seek H2O, not sit around and become lazy LOL. The water/feed will permeate the plug all by itself through permeation..
[/FONT]

Dick Dankerson

FWIW I cut my handles off as they get in the way. I pinch the pot with thumb and forefinger to lift them and judge their weight. Handles are just a nice touch but, not necessary :)

<<[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sometimes you need start watering from the sides>>

If you mean avoid the "center plug" then yes. You want your roots to seek H2O, not sit around and become lazy LOL. The water/feed will permeate the plug all by itself through permeation..
[/FONT]

Interesting. I just planted two 15 gallon square fabric pots and was wishing they had handles. maybe I'll be glad they don't after I've grown in them for awhile.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Interesting. I just planted two 15 gallon square fabric pots and was wishing they had handles. maybe I'll be glad they don't after I've grown in them for awhile.
I think I should have specified that IMO, you don't need 'em for 5 gal pots and below. Besides, for folks that are growing in 15+ gal pots, normally they aren't lifting their pots, and most have some type of netting/scrog going on etc.... I don't. like mobility :tiphat:

h.h.

Veteran
Nice
These Green Grow Pots are they expensive?

I like the price on these
Gro Pro® Elite Commercial Grow Bag

5 gallon only about 7-us dollar

View Image

Sometimes you need start watering from the sides

with these pots i think. ?
Just like the Fabric Textile Pots needs.

The best is No Root Bound Ever.
I dont use Normal Plastic pots ever again. Because they

Root Bound

Now i use Airpots plastic with holes, and Fabric Textile Pots also called Dirt Pots.

The Textile Fabric Pots are fine 3-5 times grow. Textile is Textile. Not for ever.

I like the idea with these Plastic Mesh grow bags because, i think they last LOOOOONG.
10 grows, maybe more even ?
And Price is very good also.

The only Down Side i can see is there is no handles on the sides ?
I like to lift my pots easy to find out by weight if they need Watering.

The Green Ones had nice blue handles on the sides.
I like that, this makes it very easy lift and feel the weight of the Pots to controll watering needs

View Image

About 5x the price.
$20 for a 12 gallon.
Still about one of the the cheapest accessories you can buy.
Why put a $300 plant under $1000 lights and use a $4 grow bag?
I can think of a few reasons for some.
For growing my legal limit, it makes sense for me to have the best I can get.

About 5x the price.
$20 for a 12 gallon.
Still about one of the the cheapest accessories you can buy.
Why put a $300 plant under $1000 lights and use a $4 grow bag?
I can think of a few reasons for some.
For growing my legal limit, it makes sense for me to have the best I can get.

Actually this is so true.
And i Indeed.

So much money and care, and these plants are worth money also.

So why use cheapiest pots
smile.gif

-.-

18.jpg

This is the latest Honor the Plant Vinyl X2 Pro Series Grow bag!!! This is the same bag style used by The Gnome, Chef Anna and most of the top growers across the world!

These bags feature our Grower developed CannaWall™ technology!!! There are others trying to copy CannaWall™ but there is only one original!

i have Google about the Honor The Plant Pots.

This Company got alot different style special Pots

They claim self they make the best Canna Pots on the Market

I must say WOW

THEY are made of VINYL.
Vinyl is some Plastic kind Material ?

They have different series .

With and without handles.

19.jpg

You can choose colors
I know this is not important at all for growing.
Anyway FUN to all BLING BLING people.

I really want try these Vinyl Pots.
Must email them someday ask if they send them outside US

. Last

NOW WE HAVE STRONGEST MAN COMPETITION ON ICMAG :

Who lift 15 gallon pots Easy without handles on the pots? LOL

biggrin.gif

-

Please take a look, they have different Pot styles

honortheplant.com/collections/all-products

Last edited:

[/FONT]

YES this is what i mean.
And also to avoid these open-air pots go Too Dry at the Sides

I want also tell about one more important things before choose any Pot style.
Try couple different and see what works best for your envoirment, and how often you can, or like water the plants.

The random plastics pots can be best if the envoirment is hot or a bit dry, or if you have super good ventilation.
And then offcourse maybe these Air Pot things can be better for you if you have higher humidy and not the top ventilation system.

There is Pros and Cons with Everything almost.

The best pot is that your envoirment like most. And yes, this is different for different growers, and grow areas , and mediums.
Not all have the same Soil either.
There is alot things that must match before you can make great Success growing.

Im still learning alot.
I get better and better with this growing thing :)

ICMAG is good place talk about these things.
I cant talk about this IN-REAL with people

Last edited:
G

I think I should have specified that IMO, you don't need 'em for 5 gal pots and below. Besides, for folks that are growing in 15+ gal pots, normally they aren't lifting their pots, and most have some type of netting/scrog going on etc.... I don't. like mobility :tiphat:

This I agree with. Small pots are light enough to not need handles. Over 7-10 gallons handles are good.
Need to look at the green ones closer. My current gro-pro bags are fine but always keeping an eye open for better products to help grow better plants.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP

Try couple different and see what works best for your envoirment, and how often you can, or like water the plants.

... from what I have read to date W D D F D D W is the holy grail of schedules we should try to achieve. I have been successful in doing so. I may have to vary the amount one girl receives over the other but, IMHO it is insignificant. I rather have them on the same schedule. My last run, while all my plants minus one were getting 1.5l when fed or watered, one girl only took 1.25l. Insignificant amount when we look at it but, sufficient to play havoc on my schedule by 12-18 hrs. <---- that is significant (in my books)

Latest posts

Latest posts