What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Lebanizer yep, i think i mention in this thread about some foie grass smelling plants i've found in Honduras line. Citric lemony terps are very common in these old American sativa landraces, although Honduras is not very lemony like for example Panama does.

The New Caledonia is the only one i recall being described as having that smell

No, New Caledonia is all fruity! I think you maybe confuse it with Kali China which can indeed produce very meaty-livery smelling phenos.

RobFromTX

The 12 in the back are honduras. This time Im hoping to run across the late flowering fruit loops pheno ive been reading about :yummy:

Attachments

• IMG_20230405_131153543_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230405_131153543_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28

Keif Cake

Veteran
I wish i had some hawaiian sativa to mix it with! Thinking about getting Northern lites from CSI and requesting Hawaiian lites as a freebie to get some hawaiian genetics to mess with, but it's the Headband x Triangle Kush i mixed it with, 2 of 2 plants i started to test the cross with look and smell great, but the fruity pebbles smelling one really has my interest. Should be chopping em down within a few more weeks, but expecting some really nice heady smoke out it, maybe the Honduras will remove the tiredness you start to feel from HB x TK, and i really only notice the energy crash from it when I'm out fishing

Lebanizer

Here's the little her,

She's about 43 cm tall. I've vegged her for 3 weeks and sexed her for an entire month (that's how long it takes) in a 1L pot and then repotted in a 3L when i did the light flip, she looked very very light lime colored so I figured she might have had deficiencies so I repotted her in an 11L pot. She seems to be doing better. Using a 1L pot was maybe a bit extreme and if I were to do it again I would veg and sex her in a 3L pot instead and then repot in at least 6L and possibly 11L too. But for people who have small spaces, let it be known that it can be done ! Its peculiar smell was never offputting just surprising and it's actually growing on me ! Lemony grilled meat is something I'm looking forward to sampling ! It's been seeded as can be gathered from the swollen ovaries by a repro I'm running but have no interest in the cross so i'll just toss the seeds. It's really just to get a feel for its high. Also I just love the superlong pure white pistils, definite eye candy !

View media item 18708875
View media item 18708872
View media item 18708873
View media item 18708874

RobFromTX

Here's the little her,

She's about 43 cm tall. I've vegged her for 3 weeks and sexed her for an entire month (that's how long it takes) in a 1L pot and then repotted in a 3L when i did the light flip, she looked very very light lime colored so I figured she might have had deficiencies so I repotted her in an 11L pot. She seems to be doing better. Using a 1L pot was maybe a bit extreme and if I were to do it again I would veg and sex her in a 3L pot instead and then repot in at least 6L and possibly 11L too. But for people who have small spaces, let it be known that it can be done ! Its peculiar smell was never offputting just surprising and it's actually growing on me ! Lemony grilled meat is something I'm looking forward to sampling ! It's been seeded as can be gathered from the swollen ovaries by a repro I'm running but have no interest in the cross so i'll just toss the seeds. It's really just to get a feel for its high. Also I just love the superlong pure white pistils, definite eye candy !

View media item 18708875
View media item 18708872
View media item 18708873
View media item 18708874
She looks great man. i remember mine had that light green color when they were that young too

Lebanizer

^^^^
Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with that strain so the lime color took me by surprise. Reassuring to know it's normal. She's filling up now, little by little. Also I noticed a flowery background made its appearance. So there she is : lemony grilled meat with a flowery background, talk about a gourmet sativa :ROFLMAO: !

Keif Cake

Veteran
It's difficult trying to fit this one in a single shot, I'm ready to find out how much improved it will be over the first run.
20230410_211903.jpg
20230410_211926.jpg

The Mango Biche, looks like a nice selection, getting loaded with really fine resin, and very much like how the buds run the length of the stems.
20230410_212002.jpg
20230410_212030.jpg

Looks like i got a decent pollination, should be at least a hundred Mango Biche x Honduras fems.

20230410_212216.jpg

20230410_212150.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Nice work! Its hard keeping honduras in check. They just want to take over the place. Whats the source for your mango biche if you dont mind me asking?
Thank you! I'm happy that it is trying to take over. Got it from Caleb at CSI Humboldt, he released a preservation run back in November of it, Deep Chunk, and Burmese IBL.

RobFromTX

Thank you! I'm happy that it is trying to take over. Got it from Caleb at CSI Humboldt, he released a preservation run back in November of it, Deep Chunk, and Burmese IBL.
CSI thats the source i was eyeing. They have some tasty sounding ibls. So would their version be a hybrid or is it a pure sativa line?

RobFromTX

OMG! I wish i could order it.
Oaxaca is at the top of my list of strains to find. I bought Mextiza back around 2015, none of them germinated, and it has been elusive to me.
The strain he mentions, mountain gold, uses an Oaxacan Gold line thats been preserved by vermontman since the 70's. Hes a great breeder and its a tasty strain (y)