What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...slowly drying...the Panama outdoor buds kick-ass this season :muahaha:

DSC08020.jpg

inverse

very nice raco!

can anyone attest to the pink pistils of the panama red pheno being homozygous in breeding? i think breeding this with a purple plant, to have purple buds and pink pistils while growing would be so beautiful!

C

charlie garcia

Hola

I ill not say that mcuh but you can find those traits you look for..., depends on numbers you run a little luck. Offspring from this panaman lady shows same type of "hairs"

best luck

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
3dDream said:
Dubi, I am sold. I got my pack of Panama today and it's dated 22/09/08 on the back. It will be a a month or so before I can get to them, I just wanted to post in support of what you guys do. Keep doing what you are doing.

I micro grow in a small cabinet which will only make the plants look like they are being tortured in comparison to charlie garcia's, pebbles', and Raco's pics. One has to do, what one has to do...

Thanks again.

26811Toledo_-_Iron_Maiden.jpg

Thanks for support our work 3dDream. The cabinet is baeutiful, be careful with air ventilation if you close it completly. I-d recommend you not veg Panama more than 4 weeks in such cabinet. Good luck! :wink:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
inverse said:
very nice raco!

can anyone attest to the pink pistils of the panama red pheno being homozygous in breeding? i think breeding this with a purple plant, to have purple buds and pink pistils while growing would be so beautiful!

The pink pistil trait is quite dominant when you breed with a pink panama mother, even in outcrosses. Not 100 percent dominant but quite dominant and easy to find.

lordbudly

Veteran
dubi said:
But we have been working very hard to reduce the size, flowering times, to increase yields, bud density and resin formation of the original panama lines in our hybrid. We have also adapt the genetics to colder environments and have reduced light requeriments.

Our Panama it's a vigorous and manageable sativa that can be grown indoors and in great variety of climates. She flowers in about 10-11 weeks producing very dense, resinous and aromatic high quality sativa buds.

There are 2 phenos in the population, being both quite frequent: the green and the red pheno.

The red pheno grows very bushy. Its young pistils have a characteristic red colour (and not the whitish classic colour ), and then magenta when they are mature. The high is strong, dense and psychedelic.

The green pheno is lighter in colour, has wider leaf and thicker stems. The grown pattern is a little bit more columnar but still with very good branching.

The green pheno flowers with the classic white pistils. The strong crystal formation and the light colour makes a nice combination of green and white.The high is a little bit clearer and more energetic than the red panamas.

Both phenos have similar size, potency, bud density, resin formation and similar flowering times, finishing at mid October in temperate climates. The aromas are sweet, earthy with great terpene density and quality.

Pics of the green pheno growing outdoors.

Could you explain psychedelic? And is green pheno productive? social? or by energetic is it just a waker- uper

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
lordbudly said:
Could you explain psychedelic? And is green pheno productive? social? or by energetic is it just a waker- uper

Green panama pheno is like a good jamaican but more powerful: clean, clear, happy, social and active.

Red pheno is more like a strong colombian high: dense, introspective, saturation of senses, more body high.

I hope it helps.

lordbudly

Veteran
yeah it does, i planned on ordering em and was going to keep only the red but the green seems to have some attractiveness to it too, do you think a person can get a good red and green pheno? (more leaning to one of the parents, not a mix) in 1 pack?

Hi dubi,

First I'd like to thank you for being so constantly friendly, helpful and easy going. It is very nice of you.

Also, it is interesting the way sometimes people think along the same lines. I was going to post up here asking for detailed tips about Panama indoors in a 1 to 1.5 meter tall cabinet and someone else just did in the torture chamber shown above.

For both of our sake (and any later readers) can you share any more detailed recommendations about Panama in a micro cab? How many times to top it? What height to start topping to have it not stretch too much for the small cab, and then lots of LST? Expected yield in a small space? Any tips you can share would be gratefully received. Sorry if too many questions, am new to this. :rasta:

Last for pheno effects, would the green be anywhere along the lines of original pre '98 Kali Mist or so?

And the red, can it compare to any other well know strains besides Columbian only? From what you wrote it almost sounds indica-like to me though I'm sure that wouldn't be the case. Any ideas for medical use of the red and the green?

Thanks again.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Thiru Valluvar - I was trying to be funny with the iron maiden pic. I do run a very small cab and have grown a few mostly sativas. Small pots, low feedings, and training are necessary to control lanky plants. I have grown with small pots and low feedings with no training and my girls are still 3+ feet out of a beer cup, but I feed a bit differently than most in that I bottom feed. 12/12 from seed is another option that can be used to control the size but I have found that it does nothing to control the size alone. I am planning on vegging until they show sex or until I can take clones and run the small clones. I will be sure to post pics along the way. Good luck!

Sylacauga

You might try this....

Keep it simple and
Just prune them, and observe the re-growth, then prune again after 10 days or so directing the growing shoots the way you want them to respond.

Its simple to train them if you pay attention to how they respond with their re-growth once pruning begins.

Outdoors I have seen beaver cut them off at the main stalk down to only 5 or 6 inches a couple of small branches and leaves and then regrow back up to full size (as long as they have a good root mass and it being early enough in the season).

Indoors I used to keep mine below 18 - 24 inches until ready to flower allowing for a 3 foot stretch of 6 - 10 main flowering branches/colas, I would allow the new shoots to grow to the fifth node then flower them ...this keeps em at about 5 feet
(remember to account for container size/height)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
lordbudly said:
yeah it does, i planned on ordering em and was going to keep only the red but the green seems to have some attractiveness to it too, do you think a person can get a good red and green pheno? (more leaning to one of the parents, not a mix) in 1 pack?

Good day lordbudly,

New panama version has reproduced towards red pheno, it's quite easy to find a very resinous early flowering panama mother with red/pink pistils.

Green pheno is still there of course, but you'll probably need to grow a few more to find also an excellent green mother to keep in mother room.

1 pack to find a very good red mother, 2 packs or more to find a good green mother too.

Remember pink/red pistil is an outdoor trait, indoor panamas dont show much color even with slight low temps in the room.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thiru Valluvar said:
Hi dubi,

First I'd like to thank you for being so constantly friendly, helpful and easy going. It is very nice of you.

Also, it is interesting the way sometimes people think along the same lines. I was going to post up here asking for detailed tips about Panama indoors in a 1 to 1.5 meter tall cabinet and someone else just did in the torture chamber shown above.

For both of our sake (and any later readers) can you share any more detailed recommendations about Panama in a micro cab? How many times to top it? What height to start topping to have it not stretch too much for the small cab, and then lots of LST? Expected yield in a small space? Any tips you can share would be gratefully received. Sorry if too many questions, am new to this. :rasta:

Last for pheno effects, would the green be anywhere along the lines of original pre '98 Kali Mist or so?

And the red, can it compare to any other well know strains besides Columbian only? From what you wrote it almost sounds indica-like to me though I'm sure that wouldn't be the case. Any ideas for medical use of the red and the green?

Thanks again.

Good day Thiru Valluvar,

Thanks for your kind of words :smile: ACE Seeds crew feels warm with all you around here.

If you are thinking to grow Panama indoors inside a 1-1.5 height cabinet, then i wouldn't recommend you to veg them more than 1 month from seed, 20 days should be enough. Then pass them to 12/12 flowering cycle, top the ones that start to stretch strongly (aprox half of the plants, one topping is enough), they will finish after 60-75 days of flowering.

I have grown modern kali mist but i have never grown pre 98 kali mist, i smoked old version only a few times and her aroma is incredible exotic, among the finest incensey aromas you can find in the canna sativa world.
Her effect was very menthal and strong but introspective too, haze essence, i have found clearer and more motivational effects growign african sativas or american sativas.

I personally believe modern kali mist has strong body effect (sometimes even dirty for me) because skunk/afghani influence. Green panama would be more active and happier than modern kali, red pheno has also a strong dense and introspective effect, maybe more similar to modern kali.

Im not a med grower but green panama should be more benefitial to increase body activity and energy, red one for a stronger body effect.

Thanks for your comments 3Dream and Sylacauga! :wink:

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
rabid said:
Just started these Panama and KC Haze. Thanks dubi... :yes:

Hey 3dDream...When did you start yours?

Thanks for posting rabid,

They should enjoy your climate and good cares! Best wishes! :smile:

lordbudly

Veteran
dubi said:
Good day lordbudly,

New panama version has reproduced towards red pheno, it's quite easy to find a very resinous early flowering panama mother with red/pink pistils.

Green pheno is still there of course, but you'll probably need to grow a few more to find also an excellent green mother to keep in mother room.

1 pack to find a very good red mother, 2 packs or more to find a good green mother too.

Remember pink/red pistil is an outdoor trait, indoor panamas dont show much color even with slight low temps in the room.

Do you think with a higher wattage H.P.S. you might be able to catch this redness? this is out of curiousity, because the red one i want plainly for its trait, because with when your in the higher end of the hps range (600w+) you get those similiar rays that the sun produces, or is it some other unknown variable

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Spangli said:
Hi Dubi,

Just wanted to say thank you for these genetics.
20 weeks from seed in 12/12.

Peace

Looks wonderful Spangli,

so nicely developed and healthy, congrats for your green hand :wink:

Thanks for keep us updated. I hoep you enjoy her! :smile: