What's new

Another bunch of strangers in my tent

rob feature

Howdy friends :tiphat:

I haven't been at this for very long, but the last time I grew I decided I liked the idea of trying new things. I can't grow all the time...only do it once a year. That's all the weather will allow as I don't have A/C and Summers are too warm for a successful grow under lights. So as soon as it cooled off I picked up a few clones and fired up the tent for another Winter session. This run will be Girl Scout Cookies, Sour Diesel and King Chem. I've tried the Sour D and King Chem, but never GSC...looking forward to it. However I've never grown any of these and consider them strangers in that regard.

Anyhoo, things were pretty busy when I first got this started so this will be a retro report up until about halfway through flower.

So let's get started shall we?

Everyone transplanted into permanent homes - 5 gallon geo pots filled most of the way with Promix BX. The poor little Sour D clone (top left) was barely enough to work with, let alone what I would consider a good clone, but since it was the only one available and I LOVE Sour D, it went on in the dirt.

i-tVLZstt-XL.jpg

The King Chem clone looked much better

i-GdC4msB-XL.jpg

Jumping ahead a bit through most of the boring part, I almost expected them to be taller at 60 days.

i-8S7r4Mx-XL.jpg

Then again, that's after several toppings. Either way, I can't veg any longer. I have a time window and they had to be flipped ready or not.

I also had a nutrient issue early on. I used V+B successfully last time, so figured I'd run with that again. Using RO pH comes out perfect with this stuff. But. I forgot that I bought the dirty version. I went nearly the whole veg period using only V+B dirty, but freaked a bit when I noticed a magnesium deficiency. Then I remembered from the V+B thread that the dirty formula is made for tap water which contains Ca & Mg typically in decent amounts here. But I'm using RO - which left me Ca/Mg deficient. Adding 3 mL/gal CalMag and complimentary pH UP, my issue promptly up and got lost. Growth got more vigorous and spotty light yellow turned a deep green. :woohoo:

. . . . .

rob feature

On to flower!

12 days in or so the Sour D started showing me the first signs of funbags

i-TMwGchn-XL.jpg

A little closer

i-vfX7QzL-XL.jpg

3 days later the cookies decided they wanted to play

i-sfkMdSr-XL.jpg

Stretching out on Day 15

i-RLjBsQR-XL.jpg

This was a rapid growth period for the cookies...4 days later

i-qD9mSPn-XL.jpg

. . . . .

rob feature

This is where the cookies started running away from the pack. They were outgrowing everything else in the tent by great leaps. Trichome growth and spacing was faster and more dense than anything I'd seen before.

Day 23

i-fmxp3gt-XL.jpg

Day 25

i-d3p62Q6-XL.jpg

King Chem on the same date

i-rJBHbhz-XL.jpg

And the Sour D

i-jJZNGzZ-XL.jpg

. . . . .

Last edited:

rob feature

Day 30 and the cookies are still blowing my mind

i-KXc99mJ-XL.jpg

The whole gang at 35 days

i-7FzmQ7s-XL.jpg

This is where things start to get interesting. Just as the cookies slowed a bit the others decided they wanted to play as well. Not just play - they wanna win!

King Chem at 36 days

i-sGbJb5K-XL.jpg

Sour D

i-JZFmMWK-XL.jpg

Cookies

i-hMc2tRB-XL.jpg

rob feature

So enough with the time travel. I'm all caught up now & can maybe slow down and work with a bit more detail.

I'm out to day 43 in flower and assume I'm over the hump with most of these. I neglected to mention before that I have 2 cookie plants and one of each of the others. The cookies are starting to show me some signs of maturity as is the King Chem, but I have to look super hard to find darker hairs on the Sour D. I think it's gonna finish last.

I'd been wondering all along if I actually got my hands on true GSC clones. I'd been hearing that more often than not folks actually wound up with something entirely different or some variety that just kinda grows out like cookies. Having never grown them before I only have internet pictures for comparison but what I'm seeing in the tent resembles what I'm seeing when I look at GSC images. So fingers crossed. It looks to be a nice ride either way.

Cookies - still moving along, but being passed

i-dkkXsRB-XL.jpg

King Chem is filling in nicely

i-kNzkzJq-XL.jpg

But the stunner has been the Sour D. I recoil in shock every time I open the tent.

i-MC74Gc9-XL.jpg

I'm on the downhill side of feeding now - still feeding a 3:2 ratio of V+B:+Size. See, that's the downside of trying to do a writeup in a few minutes. You forget details like that. Now that I think of it I forgot a lot of details, but that's gonna have to wait 'till next time. I hear a nap calling. But I wanna fill in a bunch of holes so as I get some free time maybe that can get done.

Anyhoo, thanks for following along and I'll see you soon

Peace & Cheese,
feature

J

johndoe123

Looking good rob feature! I use Veg + Bloom for flower. I tried it in veg and for me good ole 6/9 does me better. I do love it for flower though here is my pure ak flowered with the ro version and + size
picture.php

Headband finished product with it also
picture.php

Hope ya don't mind my additions to your thread :tiphat:

rob feature

Beautiful plants bro i have a bit of envy

Thanks solofoe!

Looking good rob feature! I use Veg + Bloom for flower. I tried it in veg and for me good ole 6/9 does me better. I do love it for flower though here is my pure ak flowered with the ro version and + size
View Image
Headband finished product with it also
View Image
Hope ya don't mind my additions to your thread :tiphat:

Thanks johndoe! Yeah, this V+B is good people. I really don't have a whole lot to compare it to aside from FF & Biobizz products. I had lots of issues with those. It does seem best if you work through the tub quickly though. This is my 2nd go with this batch of nutes and the powder has taken on a bit of water - clumping and such. It's easy enough to break up, but I do wonder if there's elemental migration in the parts which kinda congeal in the +Size over time. But I guess everything will have a downside and if this is as deep as it goes, then I'll take it. It makes life easy and produces big, frosty, tasty buds - as you've demonstrated :biggrin:.

rob feature

Howdy folks!

Just stopping back by with an update as the ladies are about halfway through week 7 of flower. I've now pulled the V+B back to .8g/gal and the +Size the same. The tips on the cookies are a tad burned as well, so I'm going halfies on the mix then halfies with RO. Everyone else is full tits.

Day 48 of flower

King Chem

i-27Q825q-XL.jpg

Sour Diesel

i-vsCpb9D-XL.jpg

Cookies

i-nR4txGm-XL.jpg

A little closer

i-SfNLBNv-XL.jpg

I also tried my hand at budder last night. I'd never tried to make this before.

i-tw2q28C-XL.jpg

I always played with hash. But after reading a few threads here I decided to make a little and see how it turned out. I only used one stick of butter as I didn't wanna go overboard on my first try. I used a handful of larf & trim from my last go - maybe 4-5g. I let everything cook 3.5 hours then settle overnight. This afternoon I dug in and put a little on some pasta...about 1.5g. That was about the perfect dose. I ate that at around 2pm and am still feeling it at almost 8. Considering that I wound up with 93g of budder, that should give me roughly 62 medium-power doses. I'm seriously shocked by the efficiency!

Anyhoo, that's all I gots for the evening. Thanks for reading along and I'll see y'all next time!

peace & cheese
feature

rob feature

Okay, I guess I'm not quite done just yet. Since I'm starting to see lots of dark hairs in places I thought it might be prudent to do a trichome check.

Looks like I still have a way to go.

King Chem

i-GJhkssR-XL.jpg

I expected more cloudy or at least some amber, but looks like a few more weeks may be in order.

I didn't check the diesel as dark hairs on it are tough to find. Plus it's growing stupid fast.

But I did check the cookies. OFMG!

i-k93QXx6-XL.jpg

I think this one's gonna be something to remember. :dance013:

rob feature

Evening folks :tiphat:

I've been super busy the last couple of weeks, but found the time to sneak a snapshot of the garden while I was in for my nightly visit & figured I'd share.

That's Sour D on the left up front and King Chem on the right. Cookies are in the back falling all over themselves.

i-9wRSJnz-XL.jpg

Things are coming along nicely at the moment for the most part. I think I figured out my growth issue from before. I don't know if I even mentioned that, but for the first few weeks of veg I was using a CFL that was stamped 250W. I got suspicious at some point and checked the line with an ammeter. Turns out the bulb was only drawing 125W. I wound up using the same 400W HPS I'm using for flowering once I noticed it. They really woke up once I swapped the light, but I think I lost some growth due to that weaker bulb.

Not that I'm unhappy with the way things are going. My only complaint is that the cookies have become a real pain to manage. I've burned the tips a tad all around, so everybody went over to a dose of pure RO last night. I'm checking trichomes soon to see how much more feeding I'll be doing. But they're getting close. Hopefully I'll have some time to get in there this weekend & take some decent photos.

Thanks for riding along & see ya next time! :wave:

rob feature

Howdy folks - just stopping in for a quickie. I don't have too much to say. Just a couple of new pictures. 120 days in the soil. 60 days in flower.

Runtaceous King Chem (queen chem?)

i-h8C6sWX-XL.jpg

Cookies

i-sKhj2HX-XL.jpg

dat diesel :biggrin:

i-fCxMZvG-XL.jpg

closer

i-Z4wKCF9-XL.jpg