What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are aluminum grinders a health hazard?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Well I have the Titanium Space Case but I think the cigarettes, booze, pollution, Ebola, soda, fast cars, etc will get me before aluminium flakes in a grinder. A lighter is not going to burn aluminium. Life is short live fast is my theory. Least the damn herb is organic haha.
But seriously, I really don't like vapes. They make me want to smoke a Jay. I have tried a volcano, which is ok, I don't mind the bags. The Davinchi Ascent which is a great portable vape, and a Cloud pen or one of the many like it. All nice and all, just doesn't get my rocks off like blowin snot off a few foot glass water pipe. That's just me though, different tokes for different folks.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Hmmm, that's interesting as Stainless Steel is not magnetic, it doesn't have enough carbon in .
stainless can indeed be magnetic...the cheaper stuff .. higher food grade usually isn't...my huge stock pot aint but a few knives are..well magnets stick to em ..don't know if they hold the magnetism...a while back that guy on the chew said stainless shouldn't be magnetic so I went around checking and was shocked..then I got on the net....I had bought a bunch of stainless knives...including a 100% stainless telo sailors knife which is also magnetic

that video was awful. I think you got more risk of poking your eye out with a grinder.

I dont use a grinder. Makes me smoke more weed. My thought process is...well its ground up I might as well finish it.

I have a large space case ti, and a large sharper(brand) aluminum one. for running bho. Both work great. I use the sharper just cuz the space case could take out a ceramic tile with ease.

jd4083

Veteran
Hemp Graphene grinder anyone? I smoke my hemp metal shards man.

Payaso: Sweet! Same here. Broke many grinders.

Genedigger: You could get a bong vaporizer attachment piece. Blow up the bag with the volcano and then attach it on to the bong. Smoother vape hit through a bong if it is still ruff.

Eating it. You ever make pizzas and salads with it? MMM with anchovies.

Vape is pretty smooth but bong is also.

I know I was just saying this. These nutz think it's ok for them to grow cancer causing chemmy grown tobbaco and sell it all over the place like candy, mean while locking us up and treating us like criminals for so long just for using something that does the opposite of that. Like wtfbbq?

Where the fuck is my tinfoil hat. Shit thats right I don't need one. I eat those waves and chems for breakfast.

ladyluckybean: Yes it can. Staying hydrated at all times fights this. Drinking lots of anti-oxidents juices and eating healty will prevent cancer from forming.

Smoke. It's what is inside it and varies from degree to poison to poison. There is no poison in the bud structure. If you take all the stems in a pile and in hale them or burn in a pipe then yes that probably does contain harsher burning plant material.

Jesus tapdancing Christ dude. Nobody said anything about there being carcinogens inherently contained in the flowers. I'm going to say it one more time in the hopes that it gets through the thick fog: combustion = smoke = carcinogens. When you SMOKE pot you create and then inhale cancer-causing agents called carcinogens. Deal with it.

Also, learn to use appropriate, objective sources in an argument while you're at it.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I use my coffee grinder when I am really blazing away.it has never seen a bean...2 taps on the switch and done...live hard,die young and leave a good looking corpse.....yeehaw

jd4083

Veteran
You just can't be helped. Continue to live your life in ignorance if you desire, but do us all the favor of not making the rest of us look bad in the process.

jd4083

Veteran
Is that what you see when you look into the mirror?

If you knew the half of it your head might explode.

peace man.

Have a great day.

If I seem like I'm being an asshole, maybe I am -- but it is and always has been out of concern for our community. We need a lot more realism and honesty amongst ourselves and a lot less red-eyed conjecture.

You have a great day as well.

jd4083

Veteran
:rant:

First off, let me apologize to you even if there is no need.
:xmastree:

I was getting sorta hostile. I am learning anger management. I try not to loose my cool.

Rule #1

Always be nice.

Sorry if I was not, what you put out there is what you get back.

I am just frustrated.

I just want you to do some more research into this. Something seems amiss with the info concerning the burning of the cannabis plant material on whether it is cancerous or not. The Medical Journal of science is supporting me and the facts are their.

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/sources/tobacco.html

Remember the hemp plant can store radiation within it's stem and then the material can be safely burned cleanly.

Please all I ask is to research more into this or maybe someone can back me up or prove me wrong. Either way it's a win.

Thank you all for your time. :biggrin::smoke out:

The major disconnect here appears to be that you are confusing my saying that cannabis SMOKE is carcinogenic with my postulating that cannabis ITSELF is carcinogenic. The simple point I have been trying to make since two pages ago is that anything combustible, when burned, produces smoke, which is by its nature carcinogenic. Again, there could very well be anti-carcinogenic properties in cannabis that can counteract these effects -- I don't know that for sure. I am simply stating facts and leaving the conjecture for the folks who dabble in that kind of thing.

Most of the aluminum grinders today are anodized which does break down and is horrible for the health of any living being. Aluminum breaks down slowly. Aluminum when heated and inhaled can cause alzheimers disease. The amounts are tiny in retrospect, concerns are low, considering.

WelderDan

Veteran
Yes it is all science. And science says you are wrong. All smoke is carcinogenic. Even cannabis smoke. It is not "different" from any other smoke. You are burning not only THC, but Nitrogen, Chlorophyll, Copper, Calcium, Magnesium, tars, plant waxes and a whole host of other elements and compounds.

And while research indicates that THC does reduce the effects of carcinogens, it does not eliminate or counteract those effects 100%.

You are wrong, and you are spouting Pseudoscience as opposed to real science.

WelderDan

Veteran
What part of "all smoke is carcinogenic" do you not understand?

And you don't know the difference between hypothesis and fact. A hypothesis is a theory. A theory is not a fact, as it needs to be proven before it can be deemed a fact. And you have no proof.

You suffer from confirmation bias. The tendency to search for, interpret, or prioritize information in a way that confirms one's beliefs or hypotheses. It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning.

That there is science in action.

haakoid

So it seems most people think aluminum grinders are ok to use...
Fact: all smoke is carcinogenic to a degree - some more some less, but all is. We inhale smoke everyday from cars, factories, etc... Offcourse where you live makes a difference as the country side generally has cleaner air than a city. We don't know how many J's a day would pose a risk, if it indeed does pose a risk. I vape and I like it.
One person mentioned the 420 diamond grinder and did not like it. Anybody else had any experiences with it?