What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What size pics these days

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I have an 18 mp camera and I took the pics on the large setting. Has the size limit increased since I first joined in 2011?

Skip

Veteran
Our file size limits are posted here:
https://www.icmag.com/modules/Benefits/

It's best to resize then upload the images (much faster, plus you can crop, color correct and pull out any EXIF info).
Otherwise uploading such large images may fail or take a long time, as our server must then resize each image for you.

Always upload the best image, not lots of pics of the same plant. Remember you only have so much storage available (depending upon your ICMag status), so the fewer images of the same thing, the more space available. :)

We keep the file size limits relatively low (compared to what cameras can do now). This is so the site runs smoothly and pages don't take too long to load (esp. those with dozens of images).

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I can only get thumbnails in my posts. What happened to the pop up window where you drag images from your albums

corky1968

Veteran
I can only get thumbnails in my posts. What happened to the pop up window where you drag images from your albums

When you come to post anything.

Look on the right side under all the Smileys.

There's a button that says Insert Images under My Photos.

Click that.

There's you can pick from the drop down arrows original pics or thumbnails,etc.