What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

★ Guerrilla days ; Into the woods ★

Muad' Dib

Hi everybody, i've found a very good place for guerrilla. Not really far from my house, well hidden and there are only a few meters from the water. On the other hand, it is not a really sunlit corner but this is also a good thing because the helicopters often overflight the area.

picture.php

So, here start the guerrilla 2016. The place is not really accessible, i need to cross a riverbed and pass through a forest with dense vegetation, the good thing is that it is a really wet area so i'll go there to irrigate only once a week.

picture.php

There is a wall that who knows how old it is, it was part of a terrace farming system entered by the arabs around the 1000 A.D. so it is at least some centuries old.

picture.php

I've found a very good soil in the place, there is a great mulch layer, so i've dug some holes under the mulch and i've filled it with gardening substrate.

The strains are: Titan's Haze, Western Winds x Queen Mother, Sweet Blue, Island Sweet Skunk, Starbud Sister, Lilly, Sour Diesel x Blueberry, Sweet Tooth #3 and Peyote Purple x Blueberry.

picture.php

Finally, i've put some brushwood to hide the job from the aerial views and i've sprayed a bit of N by the surroundings in order to feed the greenery and camouflage the entrance to the glade. Also i've hidden 2 buckets in the area so i'll don't need to carry nothing in my hands.

picture.php

Will be continue...

gorilla ganja

Very interesting with the centuries old wall and terrace system. I'm betting some excellent soil and conditions if they get enough light.
Subbed for the show.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

Muad' Dib

Hey Gorilla ganja, thanks for passing by. Yes mate, the light hours it's the big question. Today it's been sunny until 07:30pm and i think it starts around 09.30 am, not bad for the time being, let's see in september and october at the end of the flo.

Vibes.

Bmac1

Veteran
Nice spot my friend. Best of luck and I cant wait to see how they turn out, especially the sour diesel x blueberry. I have a few of those beans ;-)

K

KapnobataiZ

I can see in 1 picture is dark,you sleep there or what? Respect man

yocs

Nice secret garden. Those ruins remind me of several places in the state park I live by. Its always fun exploring places like that

Muad' Dib

Nice spot my friend. Best of luck and I cant wait to see how they turn out, especially the sour diesel x blueberry. I have a few of those beans ;-)

Hey Bmac, my friend.

The SD x BB it's a good plant, it is already tested in a friend's indoor this winter, those on the guerrilla are just cuts from that selection. I'm so happy with this cross, the BB contribution increases the yield without losing the diesel aroma but it make a bit less dense buds.

Flavours are a balanced mix of both, i would say that the sour and diesel flavours remains significantly in the background and there is a strong fruity touch in foreground.

I'm vey pleased to see you here, thanks for the visit.

Vibes.

Muad' Dib

I can see in 1 picture is dark,you sleep there or what? Respect man

Ha ha... Almost yes... I've start around 07:00 pm to work over there and the night came without warning.

Anyways it is not really far from my house but it is not an easy way to walk without natural light... And the forest it's alive... There are many frightening souns around when the darkness flood the area. You know, the creatures of the night...

You're welcome mate.

Nice secret garden. Those ruins remind me of several places in the state park I live by. Its always fun exploring places like that

Hey Yocs, thanks for stopping by. I'm really lucky, i live in a place laden of history, iberians, phoenicians, ancient greeks, romans, carthaginians and arabs lived here in the past so every one of them leave here part of their cultures and builds.

Nowadays, this is a forgotten area but really protected by the national heritage laws, it is considered a potential archeological place so if they catch you , for example, using a metal detector, then you are screwed.

Good luck muad!

Thanks mate, take a sit in my forest.

Vibes.

Muad' Dib

Hi mates, here goes the update. It was more than a week since my last visit to the guerrilla so i was a bit worried... And this concern was confirmed, 3 of them has passed to a better life, just 3 Sweet Blue.

You can notice the empty place on the left side , so i'll need to replace them as soon as possible.

picture.php

I've also noticed that there are some mites and other guests, the Sour Diesel x Blueberry it's, at the moment, the target of their attacks. I really don't want to use agresive products on this area, therefore i'll spray a bit of neem and tabac tea, hope it works.

picture.php

The soil were still wet enough so i've needed to irrigate just a bit. Actually i'm getting the water from this pond but there are some alternatives if the heat dries it out in the next months.

picture.php

I've been concealing the entrance a bit with logs and branches and also doing an important thing (imo) in a guerrilla, just to pee by the surroundings, like a beast... Because there are boars, genets and other local population from the forest and i really know that if they smell humans, then they take other way.

picture.php

Here a bit of wild spear mint in the riverbed.

picture.php

Vibes

gorilla ganja

Hi Muad' Dib,
Little babies are looking good. They seem to be planted pretty close. They will quickly grow and crowd each other at that distance.
I also see a lot of shade in your pics, do they get direct light?
Trust me I know how hard it is to hide them in a forest and still find good light.
If the spot is secure and your not to worried about fly overs I would build a bed right where that wild mint is growing, looks like it is basking in the sunlight.
Anyway, looking forward to your updates.
keep safe

Peace GG

The Revolution

Veteran
Looks like beautiful landscape! Hope you can nip those mites before they get too carried away. I like gorilla ganja's advice about building a raised bed, or maybe even some home made smart pots right near that spearmint, looks like excellent sunlight there.
I was lucky enough to find a nice clearing in a swampy area nearby. Its always nice to find that perfect spot thats easily accessible. I will be documenting soon. Im growing dozens of different varieties. All males will be kept for reproducing seed.

Muad' Dib

Hi Muad' Dib,
Little babies are looking good. They seem to be planted pretty close. They will quickly grow and crowd each other at that distance.
I also see a lot of shade in your pics, do they get direct light?
Trust me I know how hard it is to hide them in a forest and still find good light.
If the spot is secure and your not to worried about fly overs I would build a bed right where that wild mint is growing, looks like it is basking in the sunlight.
Anyway, looking forward to your updates.
keep safe

Peace GG

Hey GG. Yes, you are right, there are around 40 cm between them, not a lot but... The fact is that the place it's not really big so there is a choice. More space = less plants / more plants = less space. Let's see how this way works.

It's not a really sunlit place but i like it because the hellicopter fly over the area almost every day, shades reduce the light but it provide protection to the guerrilla. To grow in the riverbed it's too much risky. Maybe i might prune strategically a few branches on the trees in order to get more direct light.

Thanks for the comments mate.

Vibes

Muad' Dib

Looks like beautiful landscape! Hope you can nip those mites before they get too carried away. I like gorilla ganja's advice about building a raised bed, or maybe even some home made smart pots right near that spearmint, looks like excellent sunlight there.
I was lucky enough to find a nice clearing in a swampy area nearby. Its always nice to find that perfect spot thats easily accessible. I will be documenting soon. Im growing dozens of different varieties. All males will be kept for reproducing seed.

Hey The Revolution, thanks for the visit, what a good nick by the way. I'm not really worried by the mites because in outdoor it's easy to find many natural predators around the plants but yes, they are too small so i was planning to go tomorrow and apply the neem and the tobacco.

I'd like to see your pics, let me know the thread when it happen. I use to grow males also, not on this round but i do it usually .

Vibes.

Latest posts

Latest posts