What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOP 5 CHEAPEST BUD you smoked in A'dam

74G

Hey HIGH everybody, i was reading the TOP 5 best bud in Adam thread when i was reading JamieShoes quote when he said we should make a TOP 5 CHEAPEST BUD thread and you know what HERE WE ARE...

SO FEEL FREE TO let us know what is for you the TOP places for the CHEAPEST TOP buds in the beautiful city of Amsterdam...

Enjoy and all the best to the people who take time to answer this new thread...

74G

Personnaly for me it's hard to say cause i'm not living there but one thing i like is to check the supersilver haze or similar at Centraal cause it can be good surprise and always worth the price i think...
i experimented other nice and good places for good cheap buds like the PARADOX coffeeshop in the Jordaan or close and the Katsu is a good place too...
Well i'm very interesting to know your experiences...
All the best...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hey ..Nice thread 74G :D

Ok well lets start with Voyagers (the reason w thought maybe we should have this thread lol)

I'm not gonna name a strain because they have a few that are 10 euros a gram and they regularly change...now 10 a g isn't exactly cheap but when you consider how central the shop is and the prices other shops charge for lesser quality, then it's not at all bad..

recently (last 12 months) for 10 euros they have had

Blue Cheese
Amnesia (was less than 10)
Casey Jones
Grapefruit Diesel
Kaligeria

Also worth mention (as I did in the other thread) is Boerenjongens and Bij... same and better quality than central coffeeshops but their prices start at around 7 euros per gram and frankly I've never had a duff bud from there (some are better than others, but never thrown a bag away in disgust like I have in many many other places)...for those 2 places, you'll need a tram ticket and a sense of adventure ;)

..and something else I bought recently but can't remember ... guess I'll be back to edit this later..

74G

hey Jamie thanks a lot bro

can't wait to see what this thread gonna be... .. .

Hope it gonna be the place to read where the good cheap buds are ;-))))))))

All the best

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
De Overkant Hortus @ Nieuwe Herengracht 71 1011 RR Amsterdam close to the Horticultural Gardens ....6-7€. Wasn't spectacular, small place, pretty much 'buy and take away' - it suited our needs.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
The Special from Hill St. Blues was always good for the price whenever I was in Amsterdam.

74G

heheheeeeee things are goin on ;-)))))))))) Thanks for your answers aridbud and captarab... .. .

JamieShoes

Veteran
De Overkant Hortus @ Nieuwe Herengracht 71 1011 RR Amsterdam close to the Horticultural Gardens ....6-7€. Wasn't spectacular, small place, pretty much 'buy and take away' - it suited our needs.

they used to have the best jamaican around... back when they were still called outer limits... I'll have to have another look in there, it's been a while...

JamieShoes

Veteran
just took a trip to Boerenjongens..INDICA menu pic below...I didn't realise it was split when I took the pic.. On the Haze and Sativa menu, there was Silver Strawberry something, G13xHaze, Amnesia, Amazing haze and the Jungle Haze - probably more but I can't recall, was a flying visit..

I got 3g of Jungle Haze, 1g of Double cheese cookies and 1g of Trainwreck.. total cost..43 euros (avg 8.60 per gram, all were less than 10 euros per g, I think it was 8.50, 8.50 and 9 or something...)

Menu (Indica)

picture.php

Jungle Haze - taste and smells very clean and very hazy and strong in the head, taste like amnesia... I think all decent hazes in Adam smell and taste like amnesia though...so don't take my word for it :)

picture.php

Cookie Double Cheese - a bit green this one (as you can see) looks to have been taken a bit early or not fully flushed (and taste a little green too) otherwise would have been a taste sensation, a lot of the cheese coming through with something else sweeter (I never had cookies so maybe thats the sweetness) seems the cross has slightly reduced the potency of the cheese though (in comparison to the cheese I grew myself), still gives a good strong indica hit

picture.php

Trainwreck - oddly enough on the Indi menu, but is clearly Trainwreck (sativa) to me with a piney haze taste and smell, has a bit of body on it, but its mostly up/euphoric high, I don't get much of the affie stone... can leave a tried feeling on the end and it does finish flowering quick, maybe thats why they put it down as an indi?... meh.. it's in decent enough nick anyway ..

picture.php

Last edited:

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Nice Jamie! Never heard of this Shop! i guess it takes a bit out of Center to get those price on qualities?

JamieShoes

Veteran
it is a good bit out of the center Joe and tbh there's not a lot else going on down there, add to that you can't smoke inside the shop ... a lot of folk wont bother to go down there, but that's their loss.. we're concentrating on the cheap buds in this thread, but their expensive ones are awesome.. I took some G13 Cheese from there to the IC cup for smokes a few years ago and everyone loved it.. had to convince half the ppl it came from a shop and not a private grow ;)

maybe next year (ic cup), we can take a trip down there if a few ppl are interested

address is - Baarsjesweg 239 1058 AA

map - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/A...65806fb50e0cf!2m2!1d4.8575481!2d52.362315!3e3

Gardening Angel

Veteran
it is a good bit out of the center Joe and tbh there's not a lot else going on down there, add to that you can't smoke inside the shop ... a lot of folk wont bother to go down there, but that's their loss.. we're concentrating on the cheap buds in this thread, but their expensive ones are awesome.. I took some G13 Cheese from there to the IC cup for smokes a few years ago and everyone loved it.. had to convince half the ppl it came from a shop and not a private grow ;)

maybe next year (ic cup), we can take a trip down there if a few ppl are interested

map - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/A...65806fb50e0cf!2m2!1d4.8575481!2d52.362315!3e3

Hey Jamie

Have you checked out boerenjongens 2 on utrechtsestraat
Just off Rembrandtplein ?

Thanks
GA

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran

Amazing Thank you! will check this one out soon!

Nice thread guys - I just found out today that I'll be flying for a trip to Eindhoven and biking my way to Amsterdam through the Dutch countryside! It's only like 2 weeks away. Fuck yeah!

I'll be sure to check out the shop you posted JamieShoes, the pics speak for themselves, got me counting the days till I get there. :biggrin: I'll be sure to post some pictures on here along with prices.

Too bad I'll have to bike 100km before I'll be able to enter a coffeeshop - anyone know if shops in the south are for Dutch residents only?

BTW, I want to visit the shop on a boat in Utrecht - heard good things about them.

Take care errryone

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Polish-
How far south? Zeeland?

Look up coffeeshop dot biz for list of cities.

74G

i'm happy the thread is goin on and i think that this thread can be a reference to where the best cheapest buds are !!! !! !
All the best to everybody !!! !! !

JamieShoes

Veteran
just heard from a friend who is also visiting the zeeland area that when he visited a couple of shops in Breda today they told him they wouldnt sell to tourists :(

I hope thats not the case in more towns and cities but if you have contact info via the site Arid suggests, maybe give them a call before you visit and scope out the situation... the coffeeshop ppl in Breda told him Rotterdam still sells to visitors (as of course does Amsterdam) - I would imagine Den Haag does too, but again I would call ahead...just in case..