What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1969 Mekong Delta strain

T

tazz11

anyone ever see this strain before . , anyone know anything about it ... just looking for info... ...

mukuku

delta 9 sells to me some seeds of mekong but no one germed ! no chance for talking about this genetic...

T

tazz11

sorry to hear that

there were 3 strain in 1969 from the Mekong Delta ..

1. called Vietnamese Black ,Now known as nam Black

2. the delta zonker ,some say that made Delta 9

3. an unknown rare wide leaf sativa .

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Delta 9 was selling simple imported modern Cambodian seeds, just like the SE Asians from Thailand and Lao offered by Real Seed Co.

Lots of cannabis in Cambodia in the 70s. Most of the cannabis from Vietnam and Thailand was produced in Cambodia and Lao respectively.

Gypsy Nirvana used to have Khmer Gold cambodian landrace as well.

Vibes.

T

tazz11

sorry I was talking about the strains that came back before the 70's with the service men . and as far as I know I have only ever seen one wide leaf sativa ....they have a leaf wider then a normal indicia ,about 2- 2 1/2 inches wide on a 9 -10 inch leaf...not a modern strain at all ...

T

tazz11

yes, it is true . we are working with a 1969 unknown wide leaf sativa strain from the north west side of the Mekong Delta ...

we don't want to get ahead of our work .

I will say this ....IMHO ...

" Abducted " is 1/3 stronger then her sister strain Vietnamese Black...! "

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
yes, it is true . we are working with a 1969 unknown wide leaf sativa strain from the north west side of the Mekong Delta ...

we don't want to get ahead of our work .

I will say this ....IMHO ...

" Abducted " is 1/3 stronger then her sister strain Vietnamese Black...! "

I'll bite...you ask a question about a 1969 strain but "we are working with" amd "we don't want to get ahead of our work"... are fishing for something? or are you delta 9 Labs? Abducted???

T

tazz11

No ,I was only asking questions about the Delta zonker strain base .and other strain bases from that area ...

I don't care about Delta 9,or Delta 6 ..or what he sold or has unless its a true Mekong Delta strain base ..I came cross a strain guide that talked about other strains from the Mekong Delta ....this new strain will not be made public ...

nothing is for sale

the new strain is called "Abducted " but it really dose not matter what I call it , I could have called it Vietnamese Red for that matter , but its not about my strain ,I want to know if there are other strains like mine directly related to the Vietnamese Black ..not hybrid modern crosses .that's why I was asking about the Delta Zonker strain base ...

I don't know who Delta labs is ,don't care ...

I am interested in what Dutch Flowers said about Nam Black

part of the reason we are asking for info is we have never seen a wide leaf sativa like the Abducted ,it dose not have normal sativa leafs . they look more like indicia leafs , but the high is unmistakably pure sativa . very close to the Nam Black , like sisters close ...

me and some of my friends are trying to learn more about the strain ..and by learning more about the Black we can compare that to this strain base ..

if Delta 9 scam people ,he is a fool . but it has nothing to do with me or why I am here asking for info ...

Last edited:
The Cambodian and Laotian that Gypsy had were huge leaves and very wide but it takes forever to get anything , longer than I was able to wait , nice for breeding with an early African or Mexican if you can find any pure Mexican .

T

tazz11

The Cambodian and Laotian that Gypsy had were huge leaves and very wide but it takes forever to get anything , longer than I was able to wait , nice for breeding with an early African or Mexican if you can find any pure Mexican .

well I full agree with those statements ... 3 months in veg at 3 1/2 ft is crazy ,she could go 4 or 5 months in veg .., it is out right not a indicia ...

I would be guessing that the Abducted strain would be somewhere around 18-21 weeks flowering indoor !maybe longer as long as 25-28 weeks ..but then again her fan leafs high is stronger then 50% of the known modern strains buds and the high last 4 1/2 hours from fan leafs (4 hits from my vape )... so this maybe one of the longest & strongest flowering strains on record ...

i would put this strain one on one with any strain on earth .. it is that strong ...44 years i have never smoked a strain stronger then Abducted ..
the high is breathtaking ,it is not called Abducted with out a damn good reason ...

i got to ask the growers of sativa and breeders of sativa ,,,,

this strain dose something i have never seen before . if you do not water her a lot ,her fan leafs dry up just like they were freeze dried on the plants ,i mean paper rolling dry ... anyone ever hear of that happing before ,she can take temps between 48-60 degrees for 3 weeks or more

if i smoke late evening today i well still feel some of that in my system tomorrow ,

i have not been able to smoke more then 4 hits at a time , i can get high from one hit for 2 -3 hours ..it would take me 3-4 months to smoke a nickel bag of this strain

the high ,...take two hits your jaw will go numb in 10-12 seconds ,take 2 more hits then the room dose some wild 3D effects and the room gets a depth perception effect ,then out of no where you get a odd couch lock effect for about 30 minutes before the creeper takes over why your UFO is warming up , the creeper takes off at light speed and climbs and goes out into space for 3 1/2 hours and then levels off for another hour, if you find you can move get to a place you can sleep .. when you wake up ,you will feel like you have been abducted .. that's just why she is named Abducted ...lol

i have grown a few sativa in the past nothing like this strain .. even taste testing has 3 or 4 hour brakes between hits ...lol

the strain is 100% pure sativa but i have never seen a sativa couch lock its like being frozen but you can turn your head and talk and think clearly ..the visuals are wild but that couch lock is freaking me the Fu** out ...you are under its control !at that point you know you are being Abducted ...

i love Dutch Flowers Nam Black review , i know just what he means

the rocket part is 100% true ..

sisters strains must be the difference between rockets and UFO's .....lol

T

tazz11

are research has found some info that is interesting ..most of the strains for the Mekong Delta area and the river and Lao and Cambodia areas range from 10 - 16 weeks flowering time ,.

this confirms one of the facts told to me about the strain base , it was a isolated patch of 20-25 plants growing wild in the jungle ,they had not seen any like them in the 4 years he had been there ,he never saw any more the rest of the time he was there ,he said they found a few patches of normal sativa here and there but destroyed them as the found them ...

the reason this is interesting . is the Original haze has had to have a unknown strain with a high THC and long flowering time very much like the Abducted strain base , but as far as we can tell at this point the strain is totally unique & unknown ...

if this holds true then Abducted is mostly likely the father of Vietnamese Black , how ? they were down wind from the strain Abducted , and Abducted is the stronger of the two strain bases ...

and this confirms the Delta zonker detail in part . because where he said they came from is down wind from the area Abducted was found , so Abducted male pollen would cover to the south east of the lower delta area ...in fact in the case of a typhoon winds blowing the opposite direction it the Abducted strain base could be the isolated rare father of most of the strains with in say 60 -125 miles of its location ..

how far can male cannabis pollen travel in the winds ...???

I found the answer to that question :

I asked Canada-based international hemp agriculture consultant Anndrea Hermann for more information. “According to pedigree hemp production regulation in Canada, a range up to 5,000 meters (3 miles) are required for isolation between different pedigree and different cultivars,” Hermann said.
Hemp is pollinated primarily by wind. Hermann said most pollen travels about 100 yards. But depending on the weight and size of pollen and other natural conditions, wind-borne pollen can travel for miles, up to 2,000 miles away from the source. Hermann states, if the wind blow towards the marijuana plants, the hemp pollen will find the plants because the male pollen wants to pollinate the females. This is Cannabis Sex 101..

that's crazy this could tell us why the old strains were so strong and then vanished ... the father strain base was destroyed and taken to a new area where there were no other cannabis plants ...the U.S.A............ lol

it could have pollenated in both directions north west and south east for as much as 2000 miles , the typhoon weather patterns cut across the Philippines and drive inland 400-600 miles in that same area . you could be looking at the father strain of cannabis , see it pollenates every strain for 2000 miles in both direction and they move along the trade routes to the birth place of all cannabis..., India and the meddle east ..

its off spring & seeds could have been traded along the spices trade routes ...

Last edited:
T

tazz11

just theory ..

what if the postulated domestication Area theory was wrong ?

hear me out ..

they used evidence of 1000 BC. for Vietnam ,what if there was unknown evidence much older that places the birth of Cannabis not in China , maybe that's where in came in contact with large numbers of people . not where it came from...! it could have come from a isolated source in south Vietnam , see my theory is interesting for two reason . one look at the 2000 BC trade routes they are for the most part on the coastal areas where cannabis grows best ..., the place where they say it came from in China is not coastal .....

now I have a question for some of the breeders ...

say this wild theory was correct ..

we know cannabis strains can carry both genders in one plant . can it carry both sativa and indicia genetics in one strain ...?

see what I am saying . if this odd strain was the father and mother of cannabis . it could move from place to place and pollenate and cast both sativa and indicia plants where ever its pollen went ...

I know its a crazy theory . but that don't make it faults ....my point is this strain looks to have both sativa and indicia genetics ...

if it is possible ..could all cannabis come from a rare isolated strain ...? one way to find out .. pollen is only good till it gets wet ...maybe that's why this strain has large wide fan leafs ...

see what I am saying if this strain created the others around it . why is it different then those strains ..? if it was one of them it would look the same ...

so you tell me . could it come down to one plant or a given isolated strain ...????

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That couch lock with long lasting intense high sounds a bit scary, hehe. This strain needs to make it to the masses at some time yeah? The high might put off a lot of folks though but the others would love it I think.

T

tazz11

the strain dose not even matter at this point . its the theory that one isolated strain base could in fact be the birth and reality of cannabis as we know it ...

we take the history of cannabis as gospel, what if I am correct .. a lot of people would be wrong . think about it . if we see a fish that should have been dead 20,000 years ago show up today we think cool ,what if the cannabis genetics are all locked in to one prehistoric strain ,think about where the strain base was found a isolated jungle delta near the coast ...

as far as the strain it will never see the public

we don't even know what it is yet ...I can only think about defining what the strain is and why its that way ...

I have a lot of work to do ... dose this strain have both genetics locked in side of it ...? if so how ...?

are humans designed the same way ... are the races locked with in our own genetics some how ..?

did some geographical location define what we are ..?

how old is this strain ...?

if it grew somewhere else should we have found that already ...?

do we all love the genetics of one strain for some odd reason ...?

if some strains have the power to heal a given sickness or condition what dose this strain do .. other then getting me all fubar,,,?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Tazz, youre gonna need $$$s for all that 'research'.. when you get to selfing it, PM me. til then, pics or its a fairytale.:biggrin:

T

tazz11

I don't test plants the same way most people do . in fact a guy from NJ smoked some today .. and never smoke fan leafs like this . he says the same thing a lot of street level bud is not as strong as the leafs of this strain ..

as far as pics ... note the red tents on the fan leaf stems

some are toped some had their fan leafs removed .. they are just coming out of cold temp testing so they look rough but are starting to show new growth ..one of our goals was to see how much they could take before they started to fail ..no water for 1 1/2 weeks at 48 degrees 60 ,note the fan leafs dried on the plants yet the steps are still healthy ...

this is not some joke or fairy tale or stupid scam...

the strain dose exist ..we still have a lot of un answered questions like how can this one strain have both types of genetics in one plant . sativa vs. Indicia ,how can they exist in one strain like that ..or is it something we don't know about yet ..

we use one to pull or push a strain in the direction we want it to go . but in most cases we look for strong qualities and purities of each type to force change in a given strain ..,it makes me question if this is a new type of cannabis we have yet to see ...I love that small brushy phenol type that's a rag a muffin plant . it would go un notice in a parking lot ....lol jungle weed

I don't think this plant know what it is ...lol

so what makes these strains so strong in THC ...could it be they were pollenated by a strain that could be both sativa and indicia at the same time ..if that's what this odd strain is ..? that's what is a F1 strain base ...not like making a F1 by missing two different strain base . its two different strain bases in one plant as it is .. that's why its so strong in THC .. it is a F1 all the time ....like a missing link in genetics ....

ok I think I got a theory how it works . we take two different strains and mix them to get F1 vigor , this strain already has a sativa and a indicia in it all the time ,the two type fight each other all the time making the strain stronger and stronger , it has to be that 1 in a trillion strains that can become stable with both ends of the scale in it at one time ...it is a balanced mix of both types ...
so it reacts in reverse .it dose not need two different strain bases to mate to get stronger it cast its qualities to other strains making them stronger ...but when the other strains are no longer in contact with this strain they become as all other strain bases are ,....I get it as long as nam Black was being pollenated by this strain every few months it got stronger over time .. but when taken out of this strains pollen zone it was then isolated to it self ..if nam black was taken back to modern breeders and used in making strains like old school haze and Northern lights ...then those strains would carry the strong host traits ..

this maybe one of the best breeder stocks on earth ...it dose not fight other strain bases it consumes them ...do you under stand what I am saying . if I am correct this strain made nam black and nam black made haze and northern lights and so on...this is the source ....that's how those strains reacted the way they did ..., we could prove this theory very easy ...

it would be easy .get the most common strains and use this strain to pollenate the mass and see what the off spring become ...you could make a dozen different strains like haze and northern lights ..you would need a lot of space that could handle a large number of plants at one time ... yet have breeding rooms for different strain bases for both genders ...and you would have to build a base for this strain and its cuttings and pollen , see this strain male pollen gives other strains part of its abilities making them stronger strains ...

Last edited:

mukuku

delta 9 sells to me some seeds of mekong but no one germed ! no chance for talking about this genetic...

I suggested to replace the seeds but they do not have the politeness to answer me ! maybe they thought it was a rogue ability.

now I fuck 'em all with a woody gnarled & knotty stick....
:laughing:

ahahahahahaah....

Dog Star

Veteran
Dont know is this what Tazz11 talks is true but for sure this leaf shape is very interesting
in appearance.

It looks to me like more indica than sativa genotype anyway.

All the best

DS

T

tazz11

Dont know is this what Tazz11 talks is true but for sure this leaf shape is very interesting
in appearance.

It looks to me like more indica than sativa genotype anyway.

All the best

DS

I agree the strain dose look more like a indicia . but there is no mistaking the smoke is a pure sativa ,I was thinking some kind of jungle indicia . but its sativa super trippy weed when you smoke it .. that's why I keep saying its both types in one plant ,a indicia would be out of veg in 35 -40 days tops . this strain is going to take 4-5 months ...rule of thumb is veg is 1/3 of the way ..
even at 4 months if I force it ..that's around 16 weeks in veg ..that's not indicia ,that's some kind of crazy sativa ...
your talking 25-28 weeks in flowering even if you force it ...

it has to be some kind of a jungle sativa ..and its traits say the nam black is directly related to it somehow . again rule of thumb says the stronger of the two weeds is the father strain ...this strain could answer a lot of questions about how cannabis is constructed ...

yes , at the same time I out right agree with you it dose look like some kind of jungle indicia

.it took 2 and 1/2 weeks to show even the littlest signs of gender ... indicia would have showed sex in 3-5 days .....

I would think some pro's would say the growing habits define what a strain is ,no matter what it looks like ..if that's the case this is a sativa ...

what it is ,is the oddest damn cannabis I ever saw ...lol

thank you for your insight and opinion ...

correct me if I am wrong ...but . is it true a land race strain is self pollenating and that makes it a IBL by way of nature . if that's the case then this strain has been around a very very long time ..if it was a few years old the strain would be easy to manipulate ,this strain is hard core rock solid sativa ..that looks lie some kind of Indicia ...lol

I think this strain need shock therapy...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts