What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

advice needed *flush pre harvest coco*

mrma

Hi guys,

been reading a lot about flushing pre harvest..and there is tons of post about it, but nothing got me very convinced.

I went out of cannaboost and cannazyme and now i can't get my hands on it and I ve been always flushing using those products, now it
now it is time for the girls, and I really don't know what to choose:

-I have ro water

-some GH ph down powder sitting around since forever (i never use as
my ro with canna nutes sit at 5,8/6)

-flawless finisher from advanced, but I've mixed a bit to check ph and its way too high.

I really don't feel confortable using chemical as ph down..
some say it is ok flushing pure RO, other not, (and i think ph must be in range to let the girls finish well and don't lock them).
so what is the best option:

-ph´ing my ro with ph down?
-just plain ro
-ro + flawless (Ph way too high)
-ro + flawless + ph down?

thanks!!!

Carraxe

Veteran
just use pH regulated water for the last week, or even 2 weeks. You don't need anything else.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
agree with that ph corrected tap water will do the trick if it's half way decent water. i some times use a zym product for the first tank full of plain phed water and flush that through the system in a couple of hours, then ill put it to plain phed water and let it run normally till harvest day at least 1 week after the initial big flush.

mrma

my tap water here is way tooo bad. I don't drink it, don't even cook with it ahahah,
last time i've checked it was like 1.0 ec.
so, I can mix my RO with tap to reach like 0,1 and ph'ing it at 6 ?

gr866

Veteran
my tap water here is way tooo bad. I don't drink it, don't even cook with it ahahah,
last time i've checked it was like 1.0 ec.
so, I can mix my RO with tap to reach like 0,1 and ph'ing it at 6 ?

I wish I had 1.0 EC, it's 1.73 here last i checked, state reg is 1000 ppm or 2.0 EC, I am damn close.
I would use the 1.0 and pH it.

mrma

I wish I had 1.0 EC, it's 1.73 here last i checked, state reg is 1000 ppm or 2.0 EC, I am damn close.
I would use the 1.0 and pH it.

I use to grow with my tap water outdoor/soil and plants didn't like it at all..

at the end, I have mixed 4 galons of Ro and a glass of tap water, (ec=0.1), found and old canna ph- liquid, put 3 drops and got Ph at 6.
made a big flush with lots of run off, and I think i will watering like normal until the end with the same solution.

I have read somewhere also, to keep cal-mag until the end.. I am not very convinced about that. might go more with some sugar/carb instead, like cannaboost (for me not possible at the moment)