What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
With no mortgage, a decent job in the industry should keep you going good. Most people pay at Least 1/3 of their income on housing. Probably more where you live. I am sure any farm would be lucky to have such an experienced grower on staff. Prop 64 sucked big time. Now Jerry is trying to put more people in jail. Never stand in the way of a politian and your hard earned money. T hey are already cracking down on the black market.

Hopefully you will be able to keep at it for many years.

I'll keep growing ganja forever, but working for a large operation sounds like less fun the more i think about it. I'll keep doing my own thing until i cant do it anymore.

We might start a seed company. Motherlode Seeds. I am making some cool crosses and i think a lot of people would love to try growin them. Have already received a lot of requests for our Sprite and Ancient OG lines. We are gearing up for a summer seed-production light dep. nothing big, i just want a decent amount to work with. The logistics of selling seeds are still over my head but i think that's the direction we will go in the next few years, or sooner if the price of weed drops out again.

or i might just start a band...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Planting Time!

Planting Time!

the seed starts are busting out of their 7gal grow bags and begging to be free. They are green , perky, compact, and full of energy! Most are tracking the sun all day.. i couldn't be much happier with plant health at this point.

AmtcMKpl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
prepping the mounds..

prepping the mounds..

last week we prepared the mounds; that means weedwacking, removing dripline, chopping covercrop, topdressing with amendments, digging holes, and making gopher baskets. Now the hillside is clean and ready for transplanting the seed starts:

kXnAiMll.jpg

i279QJvl.jpg

DGcIFXKl.jpg

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
With all these states coming onboard with med and recreational growing allotting small like 4 plant limits many people are trying to grow fewer bigger plants at home. You have alot of recognition here from icmag and a log of proof to back up your claims on your seeds. You seem like a good dude, being personable goes a long ways with marketing. I bet you would do great starting a seed company man.

sdd420

Veteran
Ive been saying for a couple years that seeds are where you can make a living without getting licensed etc. And you don’t need a huge investment to start up. I’ll buy some of your seeds right now lol. Seriously good to hear your place is nearly paid off . That will free up cash flow. Think like bohdi and you will be fine.

Look For The Gold In Motherlode Seeds! :tiphat:

Peace sdd

Machine_Gun

In for another year! Your threads are where I learned a lot of stuff when I got out of the Marines and started growing, can't wait to follow this years grow.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I had a buddy ask me a couple months ago about buying my outdoor plants this year as whole plants.
Im still thinking about it, It hurts if i was to do it. I started them and babied them to hopefully finish. I want to see my shit dry and cure properly and trim by hand, even though thats the worst part of growing in my opinion.

I disagree... My passion is for the plants themselves, their individual expressions such as flavor, color, structure, size, and their vibes... As soon as they are chopped down I lose that connection with them. I hate the drying/trimming/bagging process, and would love to skip it completely.

Last year we froze a few plants and sent them to the extractor to make live resin. I was really happy with it. The flavor and smell is exactly like the living plants, and brings my mind back to the garden every time i open the jar. If we had more customers demanding the stuff then i would freeze our entire crop. Freezers are cheaper than trimmers, and more useful....

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
planting the mounds

planting the mounds

got the hillside planted last weekend, 30 mounds. 8 different strains:

-Sprite
-Purple Sprite
-Ancient OG
-Direwolf

-Blood Orange Tangerine x Cherry Pie Legend OG
(backyardfarmer)
-Snow Leopard (bodhi)
-501st OG (rare dankness)
-LeeRoy x Triangle Kush (rare dankness)
-Faceoff OG x Fire OG (archive seeds)

428r3skl.jpg

59CjsY9l.jpg

v1lpCfUl.jpg

8szBsffl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
We are planting the in-ground native soil plot today, all the females who didnt make it into a mound. Then putting cages around the plants, laying down drip line... then it's GO TIME!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn man you got a professional photographer there??? Photos are great, and your growing mounds and everything are perfect. Helluva root system on the plants. And the lap dog/guard dog....I like this grow it's got everything!!!

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I disagree... My passion is for the plants themselves, their individual expressions such as flavor, color, structure, size, and their vibes... As soon as they are chopped down I lose that connection with them. I hate the drying/trimming/bagging process, and would love to skip it completely.

Last year we froze a few plants and sent them to the extractor to make live resin. I was really happy with it. The flavor and smell is exactly like the living plants, and brings my mind back to the garden every time i open the jar. If we had more customers demanding the stuff then i would freeze our entire crop. Freezers are cheaper than trimmers, and more useful....

Id say go for it Budz. I see that shit going for up to 50 bucks a gram or more lol

Latest posts

Latest posts