What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any one else here tired of getting the the run around when you ask a fert. question?

progro

I just browsed through the high P thread and I don't see glow in there at all.

It is funny, all of the helpful people have been banned.

I must say spurr was very insightful and extremly helpful.
But he is gone.

yosemite sam was helpful also, but rarely here.
He did lay down the numbers and proved low P will yield good results.

Big props to those guys, I did gain knowledge from them.

It seems between spurr's formulas and yosemite sam's testing with pics those two seem to have had it covered.

I’ve got a screenshot of Glows formula

Attachments

• F9AF987B-91E6-44B9-B7A5-B9F81D0E96C7.jpg
    F9AF987B-91E6-44B9-B7A5-B9F81D0E96C7.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 29
R

Rubber Chicken

I have noticed a trend here at Icmag.
When you ask a valid question, some folks here jump in quickly and toss around big words and insult you to throw you off track and never give you a straight answer.

I will use Glow as just one example, he is not here to help anyone.
I thought this community was supposed to work together to further our knowledge and educate the less knowledgeable.

I have reduced my time here because of this sort of thing and I think it is a real problem.

What do you think about this issue?
:tiphat:Shag

Some people like to think they have special skills, so they strut around like a peacock.

Avenger

Veteran
Glows last post was over two years ago.

what a fucking waste of space from a no talent know nothing this thread is and will always be.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
If you want fert facts, don't read much on ganja forums. Plenty of good science elsewhere. I had to stop growing to learn to grow. It's not just a stoned thing to do, growing. It's a schedule and a science.
I like your attitude :)

Forums are a quick tool to get "google" info. OTOH one should do their homework and always go to "the" source. This observation holds true regardless of subject!

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I haven't had much luck finding proper and proven micronutrient ratios and concentrations here on ICMag, let alone reasons why this or that has to be the way it is. The aformentioned book by Benton was/is a real treasure, though.
Anyway, I got my own, yet to be tested, range for nutrients based on recent publications on general plant physiology & hydroponics as well as cannabis and hemp tissue mineral analyses, data on field grown hemp, and some though scarce scientific work on cannabis and hemp. These data resulted in a possibility range as follows:
Element: Lower ppm range / Upper ppm range

N: 100-140 / 200-300
P: 30-50 / 60-80 (10-20 theoretically sufficient in hydro)
K: 150 / 200-300
Ca: 100-120 / 200-400 (in hydro 200-300 why so ever I don't know)
Mg: 30-40 / 50-100
S: 10-20 / 30-70 (in hydro 70-150 and even <400 is tolerated but only used as a result of salt availability)
Si: 10 / 100 (for hemp only ~15)
B: 0.06-0.2 / 0.4-1 (up to 2 in organic matter rich soil)
Cu: 0.01-0.05 / 0.1-0.7 (up to 4 in organic matter rich soil, though cannabis tolerates way more)
Cl: <25 / <75 (75 for hemp, 10-20 in hydro and for better burning quality)
Fe: 1-2 / 3-5 (in recirculating hydro up to 12 due to de-chelation and subsequent oxidation & precipitation, for best cannabinoid quality allegedly 5)
Mn: 0.3-0.5 / 1-2 (2-8 in organic matter rich soil)
Mo: 0.001-0.04 / 0.05-0.2
Na: <30 / <50 (nearly zero for hemp)
Zn: 0.05-0.1 / 0.2-0.7 (0.2 for sinsemilla sufficient, in recirculating hydro <0.1 if Fe used in chelated form, up to 0.7 based on nutrient ratio)

Mn/Fe/B/Zn/Cu-ratio: 6-8:5-15:5-10:4:1

Though I or someone else will have to test this first...

A point which still isn't very clear to me if I solely look at findings here on ICMag and certain types of literature is the N/K ratio. Possibly because some talk of N/K and others of K/N but use the same numbers or use K2O instead of elemental K??? Some mentioned N/K = 1.6-2.2 though 0.9-1.2 seems more likely to me whilst latter findings point even to something as low as 0.5 especially during flowering.

progro

I haven't had much luck finding proper and proven micronutrient ratios and concentrations here on ICMag, let alone reasons why this or that has to be the way it is. The aformentioned book by Benton was/is a real treasure, though.
Anyway, I got my own, yet to be tested, range for nutrients based on recent publications on general plant physiology & hydroponics as well as cannabis and hemp tissue mineral analyses, data on field grown hemp, and some though scarce scientific work on cannabis and hemp. These data resulted in a possibility range as follows:
Element: Lower ppm range / Upper ppm range

N: 100-140 / 200-300
P: 30-50 / 60-80 (10-20 theoretically sufficient in hydro)
K: 150 / 200-300
Ca: 100-120 / 200-400 (in hydro 200-300 why so ever I don't know)
Mg: 30-40 / 50-100
S: 10-20 / 30-70 (in hydro 70-150 and even <400 is tolerated but only used as a result of salt availability)
Si: 10 / 100 (for hemp only ~15)
B: 0.06-0.2 / 0.4-1 (up to 2 in organic matter rich soil)
Cu: 0.01-0.05 / 0.1-0.7 (up to 4 in organic matter rich soil, though cannabis tolerates way more)
Cl: <25 / <75 (75 for hemp, 10-20 in hydro and for better burning quality)
Fe: 1-2 / 3-5 (in recirculating hydro up to 12 due to de-chelation and subsequent oxidation & precipitation, for best cannabinoid quality allegedly 5)
Mn: 0.3-0.5 / 1-2 (2-8 in organic matter rich soil)
Mo: 0.001-0.04 / 0.05-0.2
Na: <30 / <50 (nearly zero for hemp)
Zn: 0.05-0.1 / 0.2-0.7 (0.2 for sinsemilla sufficient, in recirculating hydro <0.1 if Fe used in chelated form, up to 0.7 based on nutrient ratio)

Mn/Fe/B/Zn/Cu-ratio: 6-8:5-15:5-10:4:1

Though I or someone else will have to test this first...

A point which still isn't very clear to me if I solely look at findings here on ICMag and certain types of literature is the N/K ratio. Possibly because some talk of N/K and others of K/N but use the same numbers or use K2O instead of elemental K??? Some mentioned N/K = 1.6-2.2 though 0.9-1.2 seems more likely to me whilst latter findings point even to something as low as 0.5 especially during flowering.

Great post OO. From all of my readings I’ve come across the same info. Nothing concrete yet but what I use works very well also. Just trial and error and what works for the grower and plant. Fantastic info

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have noticed a trend here at Icmag.
When you ask a valid question, some folks here jump in quickly and toss around big words and insult you to throw you off track and never give you a straight answer.

I will use Glow as just one example, he is not here to help anyone.
I thought this community was supposed to work together to further our knowledge and educate the less knowledgeable.

I have reduced my time here because of this sort of thing and I think it is a real problem.

What do you think about this issue?
:tiphat:Shag
Welcome to forums in general! I have been known to take long sabbaticals from the chaos.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Just remember that online is a lot of OPINIONS dribbled with semi facts, and some hard facts intermixed.

Someone like me may have read and believed a lie. The one thing that got better on the forums is there is more concrete evidence to back up facts. Lot's of us got older and wiser than og days. Better read than justnstarting out.

If you want fert facts, don't read much on ganja forums. Plenty of good science elsewhere. I had to stop growing to learn to grow. It's not just a stoned thing to do, growing. It's a schedule and a science.
... Bravo! Always go to the source if you can. IMHO it is the only way to get "unfiltered" info. At 60 I do research the old fashion way. Bookmark, bookmark, bookmark then, I sift trough the collection, looking for corroboration.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I came from a place where growing was verboten. Everything was talking in code, where even a wink and a nudge would get you in trouble.

Books and science journals became my friend. Hydroponics: A Practical Guide for the Soilless Grower by J Benton Jones Jr. was my bible. I tried to learn "why" instead of following a feed schedule or being a fan boy.
Excellent advice!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am new to this forum but have used internet forums for years and see very common patterns in them. Many people wander tru forums as a way to educate themselves, good forum users will usually try to give a little back
Most forum users move on because they have educated themselves. Ones that stay usually want a social interaction and community.

Many like to be the "expert" and talk down to "newbs" or anyone they can one up.

Just my .02
One of the problems I have found over the years, is "some" folks want to be spoon fed, vice doing research!
IMMHO if one is too lazy to help themselves (google or buy a book). Why should I bend over backwards for them?
Just my .05