What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like J Sessions is getting his way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

soil margin

Veteran
It's gotta feel pretty shitty to be someone like Sessions where you spent your whole life chasing after people for something like cannabis and now towards the end of your life it's becoming more and more apparent that you were probably wasting all of your time. I almost feel bad for him. He's stuck between trying to still claim that weed is bad for you or admit his whole life was a waste.

Yeah i was dropped on myhead as a kid a couple times. Why don't you go read what he said about making all obama era policies on marijuans null and void then get back to me. I wont insult you by saying didnt think so. So go read his press release and tell me im wrong.

Memos dont mean shit and are as disposable as executive orders. Only legislation is non binding. Sessions said he would enforce the laws as written.

And btw that slap you was intended as a joke.

guy I did not mean to offend you either, but if you take away that he sent out his federal attorney's for law abiding weed sales and use then ok that's what you come away with.
tbh maybe that will be the way it comes off of schedule 1.
look how voter friendly that would seem state vs feds over what the state voters wanted
of course we can not do much for appointed officials .
I read this as strange move by him since he is still leaving up to state ag's.
if he cracks down on home over grows and selling to kids then to bad for them pretty sure you stay in sheep like formation you have no worries at least
till the next time this fucking ego maniac needs another memo that has his name on it

The Keebler klansman needs to go back to his fiber glass tree and fade into obscurity. He's an ungodly punch line and nothing more. And take Emperor Hirocheeto with him.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Hope this will be fire up the States ass to make them actually represent their citizens but I doubt it will be!

The government is a complete sham, owned by corporations and billionaires. True change will never come, if it threatens their income. This is a long article, but shows how we have interfered in elections around the world, for a century, to make sure only corporate capitalists win -

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/39159-noam-chomsky-on-the-long-history-of-us-meddling-in-foreign-elections

Wendull C.

Veteran
guy I did not mean to offend you either, but if you take away that he sent out his federal attorney's for law abiding weed sales and use then ok that's what you come away with.
tbh maybe that will be the way it comes off of schedule 1.
look how voter friendly that would seem state vs feds over what the state voters wanted
of course we can not do much for appointed officials .
I read this as strange move by him since he is still leaving up to state ag's.
if he cracks down on home over grows and selling to kids then to bad for them pretty sure you stay in sheep like formation you have no worries at least
till the next time this fucking ego maniac needs another memo that has his name on it

Seems we are saying near the same thing, just with different verbage. Thanks for not hatin me forever for being my sarcastic self. I hope sessions stays asleep in that rocking chair from the last page.:tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
the latest off mainstream news
jeff is having some other trouble
is it the end of jeff?

Washington (CNN)GOP Rep. Chris Stewart, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, joined the growing list of Republicans calling for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign.

rest over on cnn, but it's russia, russia, russia

Freet

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 13

rolandomota

Meanwhile Vermont and new jersey are full steam ahead on recreational i wonder if Michigan south dakota Arizona florida and how many others will pass their rec laws this year

Wendull C.

Veteran
If the feds decide to enforce their laws none of that matters. And please dont give me the standard the feds dont have enough resources crap, they do.

igrowone

Veteran
no doubt retail stores could be closed, that seems to be the possibility at the moment
but looking more remote, doesn't look like the will is there
and it is about will, without the will the snowball keeps rolling

Ready4

Veteran
Considering most of us had no trouble scoring any bud within the last 25-30 years, their futile circle jerk should not bother us ! :tiphat:

This just shows how completely out of touch/clueless the administration is with reality and the will of the people.
Never should have been illegal to begin with, the unwillingness to change the law ( because of Big Pharm & Big Prison lobbyists, etc)
by our Congress should have us all focused on sending them a message.

Green Squall

It's reassuring to see my state and local officials outspoken on this. Even the Governor, who was very against legalization, is saying we will respect the will of the voters and continue to move forward with sales this summer.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
If the feds decide to enforce their laws none of that matters. And please dont give me the standard the feds dont have enough resources crap, they do.
They don’t need many resources to seize assetts. They will pick a few of the big ones to make an example of. Few charges filed, just lots of $ and assets seized!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
For all we know, this could be all for the sole purpose of balancing the supply and demand issue in California and to help maintain steady prices.

You think you know why they do the things they do in Washington?

Trust me..... you don't LMAO

M

moose eater

Meanwhile, ~2 days ago, the head of the Alaska Marijuana Control Board resigned in response to Jeff Sessions' memo. I haven't bothered to do enough reading to gain an understanding as to whether this was due to fear of Federal Violations and legal culpability for regulating a forbidden substance, or a statement of protest, or (?????)

I do know that we've had 2 hardcore prohibitionists on the local Borough assembly who've protested nearly EVERY canna business license app, often citing Federal Laws and the 1970 CSA, among other issues, and this move by Sessions will definitely fuel their efforts.

At a recent (last month or so?) Borough meeting, one application was nearly denied (missed it by ONE vote; previously not seen in procedure), due to NIMBYs protesting. The end result was a requirement to put a chain-link privacy fence around a building with no windows... Yeah, you're probably thinking what I was.. What were they preventing others from seeing? Metal siding?

With Sessions' memo, the head of the AkMCB resigning, etc., Sessions' memo is apt to have impacts, or create ripples beyond what we've discussed thus far.

Jhhnn

Veteran
It's rare that I agree with vta about much of anything but he's right about this. I'd be very surprised if any regional US Attorney takes the opening that Jeff gave them. They'd be stuck with it if he commanded but he didn't do that at all. He just put out some mealy mouthed jive to stir the shit & keep his name up in lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts