What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

Chappi

I mentioned it first lol Wall street has its dirty fingers in it now, it’s so easy to manipulate.

Looks like it’s creating a HUGE head and shoulders formation. Expect it to go below 10k imho/wishful thinking.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
been looking at electronium and how there free software and mining software and pools operate.
Stay away from browser based mining. Most pools pull the software from the same repository, which (conveniently?) happens to get virus files included. From time to time.

R

Rubber Chicken

I found some old blockchain wallet id's that i created 3-4 years ago to buy some seeds from somewhere because i remembered there were a few cents left over after each order and the cents/dollars were over $300 now, inclucing bitcoin cash.

Merry Christmas. :)

Douglas.Curtis

I found some old blockchain wallet id's that i created 3-4 years ago to buy some seeds from somewhere because i remembered there were a few cents left over after each order and the cents/dollars were over $300 now, inclucing bitcoin cash.

Merry Christmas. :)
You also have bitcoin gold... go look it up. :) May be wise to sell most of your btc at this price. Pick up some other alt-coins. This site covers both standard and crypto investments. Steemit.com is another great platform to find financial advice on crypto. I'd stay way the hell away from any advice the top Wall Street investors are yelling. They may know regular investments, but with crypto they're ignorant and dangerous.
:tiphat:

Kankakee

if you want to trade future contracts w/ bitcoin u need about $38,000.00-40,000.00 in margin per contract.

so if your shorting, you need large capital.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
margin trading is risky...i like to own my coin and not some punk contract for difference...

fungible assets is my new fave buzz phraze

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You also have bitcoin gold... go look it up. :) May be wise to sell most of your btc at this price. Pick up some other alt-coins. This site covers both standard and crypto investments. Steemit.com is another great platform to find financial advice on crypto. I'd stay way the hell away from any advice the top Wall Street investors are yelling. They may know regular investments, but with crypto they're ignorant and dangerous.

good advice for the min

yep..binance credited me with the btx airdrop the other day...its basicly bitcoin dividends..if you have bitcoin at the time of the fork you get free airdrop coins ..thats legacy coin shit right there..

forks are crazy...il probably jump into bitcoin on every decent fork block

Kankakee

Bitcoin is vulnerable to sabotage from the Chinese government because of its overwhelming exposure to the country, researchers have warned. Beijing could render the Bitcoin network effectively useless by taking control of the powerful computers used to maintain the digital currency, which are largely based in China, according to a report from security companies Hacken and Gladius.

Bitcoin is seen by its supporters as free of government control, a feature that is highlighted as one of its key benefits. The digital currency is maintained not by any central organisation but by a collection of “miners”, computers that are rewarded in new Bitcoins for updating the ledger of all transactions known as the blockchain.

As Bitcoin has grown, it has required more expensive and powerful computers, and meant mining has migrated to parts of the world where electricity is cheap, in particular China.

http://www.cetusnews.com/tech/Bitcoin-at-risk-of-Chinese-sabotage.ryCPJE3GG.html

Kankakee

Regulators in Asia Pacific have become increasingly uneasy with the rise of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin.

The latest to sound a warning was the Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda, who called the surge in bitcoin prices "abnormal" at a media conference on Thursday. His comments echoed warnings made by his counterparts in major economies in the region, including Australia, South Korea and Singapore. Their worries are not unfounded as Asia accounts for the bulk of trading in bitcoin, the largest cryptocurrency by value.

At the end of November, Japan, South Korea and Vietnam contributed 80 percent of bitcoin trading activity globally, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing data from research firm CryptoCompare.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/22/bitcoin-china-singapore-japan-issue-cryptocurrency-warnings.html

Kankakee

Chinese regulators have taken steps to ensure bitcoin is not used to facilitate capital flight, even as investors in the cryptocurrency say they doubt it is being used to transfer large amounts of cash out of China.

The apparent correlation between a depreciating renminbi and bitcoin’s price surge in recent months has prompted suspicion that the virtual asset is contributing to outflows. Bitcoin’s Chinese price rose 145 per cent in 2016, as the renminbi suffered its worst year on record, weakening 6.5 per cent. Renminbi transactions accounted for 98 per cent of global bitcoin trading volume over the past six months, according to data from bitcoinity.org.

The People’s Bank of China met with the country’s three largest bitcoin exchanges last week to remind them to “strictly” follow relevant regulations on risk control and to “clean up” any irregular practices, according to announcements by the central bank’s Beijing and Shanghai branches. Bitcoin has fallen 9 per cent since the PBoC announcements.

China’s central bank triggered a market rout in 2013 when it decreed that bitcoin was not a real currency and forbade banks from handling bitcoin transactions. But Chinese exchange operators have downplayed the most recent meetings, saying they don’t signal a renewed crackdown.

“We’ve been meeting with them regularly over the last two to three years. The only difference is that they talked about it this time,” Bobby Lee, chief executive of BTC China, the world’s largest exchange by trading volume over the past month, told the Financial Times. “I think their intent is to remind the world, ‘The PBoC is on top of this. Don’t let the price go crazy’. That’s their prerogative.”

In meetings with Huobi.com and OKCoin, the PBoC instructed the two exchanges not to mention renminbi depreciation in its marketing materials, according to Caixin, a respected business news website. Caixin also reported that the State Administration of Foreign Exchange had “surveyed” Chinese bitcoin exchanges about their business models in recent days, citing multiple industry sources. Huobi and OKCoin declined to comment.

https://www.ft.com/content/bad16a88-d6fd-11e6-944b-e7eb37a6aa8e

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
seriously...i want to talk to some like minded crypto traders and hopefully developers...

I'm building a group ..we can pay for work but are really looking for some people who are enthusiastic about building a UK based exchange with lending options and virtual trading..etc

please pm

merry Xmas btw

I got a 50% profit present today from blockchain Santa.. .go go binance

Douglas.Curtis

seriously...i want to talk to some like minded crypto traders and hopefully developers...

I'm building a group ..we can pay for work but are really looking for some people who are enthusiastic about building a UK based exchange with lending options and virtual trading..etc

please pm

merry Xmas btw

I got a 50% profit present today from blockchain Santa.. .go go binance
Bitshares is an excellent example of a decentralized and trustless exchange. Much higher asset security than 'standard' coin exchanges. I've lost coins in a few exchanges which were hacked and/or they robbed their user base.

Bitshares and openledger are what I prefer now. Decentralized, meaning no single attack/failure point and trustless, meaning humans do not have access to fund transfers on the back end. I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely prefer this new type of exchange.

Programming and Marketing... will get it done. :) Best of luck!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
been looking at bitshsres.. interesting level of supply ..its defo going to make good money on this one...

so you like the function of this coin bro?

I am well invested in LEND at the min...i like the idea of decentralized lending ..fair cross boarder interest rates

Douglas.Curtis

been looking at bitshsres.. interesting level of supply ..its defo going to make good money on this one...

so you like the function of this coin bro?

I am well invested in LEND at the min...i like the idea of decentralized lending ..fair cross boarder interest rates
Yes, I see things happening for bts coin. Just recently it went from $.13 to $.60'ish. The platform was difficult to use at first and the developers have been making great strides toward usability. Now that it's coming of age, interest is picking up and the volume on the exchange is increasing nicely. :)

Haven't looked into LEND yet. Thanks for the tip :) Look into EOS as well. It's still not deployed yet and it's light years ahead of ethereum. Eth is still stuck at around 13 tx/s (the main reason crypto kitties bogged the network down), EOS has been tested at 100,000tx/s

Amazing stuff going on. :)

Chappi

Whats up with the most recend hard fork of BTC? Supposedly it’s nothing like segway 2 it claims to be.