What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
i also have lots of dif. chillis....!! Lemon Drop are def. some of the better tasting ones!! the Bhut jolokia are a very slow grower!!

anyone is using EM enzyms?? is work wonders !!!

All are about 1m and the first fruits are comming up!!some older pix!!!

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Here are my peppers with LST training :pPP

picture.php

I love how bushy they are, strain is unknown...
I will soon give 1 a taste and see how hot they are :dance013:

I got interesed in those so I think next year I will get some of the hottest peppers.
Are you guys ordering those hot seeds online ?

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
@frozen- I've had that problem with a few of my peppers as well. Here's a little background: 8 banana's on a shady portion of my porch, 8 on a morning sun side, 8 on the afternoon sunny side. The 8 in the shady portion look better with much less wilt that the others seem to gain while the sun is hitting them directly. I've moved the remainding 16 to the shady portion of the porch and they're doing better. On another level, the 16 that were less sheltered, have exceptionally stronger stalks and should be able to hold larger fruit once they begin their push. If you have ability to move the plants around or keep them in a spot that does not get so much direct sunlight, go for it. In the past, when I've started peppers outside, they seem to great in direct sunlight. The ones started inside had a much more difficult time hardening off. Hope this helps a little bit.

N

Nick Sand

NIce LST there g0vnaa. Are those Thai peppers? Some beautiful peppers in this thread. I have some habaneros on my balcony but that's it.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
I have got some Thai Dragons going again from harvested seed. I have had this same strain going for 10+ yrs now.

I will post pics soon. I like Jalapeños a lot, but can not grow them so that they get hot up here in the PNW. The Thai Dragons always come through with the heat. I also love Cayenne's but none this year.

Good luck everyone and post pics of your plants and fruits :) :)

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Those bhuts look so unassuming , nothing to give any warning of their fernace like heat ,,
iv got some in and waiting for them to sprout .. i reckin they are going to be a pretty fun grow ...

T

tokinafaty420

cheesey, those look like banana peppers to me. Mild spiciness w/ a sweet crunchy taste?

I grow bells, banana, jalapeno, and hot portuguese. Keep the bells away from spicey peppers though or you may find yourself in for a surprise the next time you go to eat one of the bell peppers. :D

C

cheesey

cheesey, those look like banana peppers to me. Mild spiciness w/ a sweet crunchy taste?

I grow bells, banana, jalapeno, and hot portuguese. Keep the bells away from spicey peppers though or you may find yourself in for a surprise the next time you go to eat one of the bell peppers. :D

when i go too the greenhouse i will look on the seed packs and write down the names i think ive 4 types growing . as i said its my 1st time growing them so far so good . when are they ready btw ?

T

tokinafaty420

when i go too the greenhouse i will look on the seed packs and write down the names i think ive 4 types growing . as i said its my 1st time growing them so far so good . when are they ready btw ?

Some of those in the pictures should be ready to eat in a few days. They'll start turning yellowish when ripening. Most will be about 3-5 inches in length.

C

cheesey

Some of those in the pictures should be ready to eat in a few days. They'll start turning yellowish when ripening. Most will be about 3-5 inches in length.

cheers ill take 1 off the plant n cut it down the middle too look inside.

Sheriff Bart

Deputy Spade
Veteran
i am not fuckin touchin the bhuts lol
my bro is a pepper freak, and the seeds of the bhut are in demand!

they havent turned red yet, but lately we have had hella heat and humidity and i got soooo many ripening peppers. this year my total list is:
jalapeno, regular large cayenne, early dwarf cayenne, ho chi minh, fish pepper, anaheim, cubanelle, chocolate beauty, some other random red and green bell peppers, regular habanero, there might be one or two scotch bonnets in there we'll see what they all ripen up like and the bhut jolokias
i have over 80 plants total and i can guess ive harvested already about 4 gallons of peppers, maybe more.

C

cheesey

found out what the chilli and peppers are what im growing

jalapeno super hot
hungarian hot wax
red cheery hot

and the pepper are hot hot chilli mix

D

dramamine

It's cool to see I'm not the only one who grows peppers, too. I grew up eating hot peppers. I can't get enough! Right now I've got some habaneros and datils. The datils have even more fruitiness and heat than the habaneros, to my palate.

For crazy-ass techniques, pictures and tons of seed varieties, look at this guy's site: www.fatalii.net